Barclays url change?

JacobK
JacobK Member

Not an issue now, but a potential one in the future. Recently received an email from BarclaysUS saying "BarclaysUS.com will replace SecureBanking.BarclaysUS.com when you log in to your account
There is nothing you need to do right now. We'll send another email once the changes are live."

No ETA given

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @JacobK,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know! I will be sure to pass this information along. If the change occurs and you start experiencing issues, be sure to reach back out to us.

Thank you,

Coach Jon

• rjg5060
    rjg5060 Member ✭✭

@Coach Jon @JacobK

Coach Jon:

I also bank at Barclays US Online bank. Today they switched to their new website and, as a result, Simplifi stopped updating balances and transactions from Barclays US Online bank. I'm getting error FDP-103. This problem started this morning (17-Oct-2024).

When logging in to Barclays on a browser the url now redirects to www.barclaycardus.com. It appears they combined their credit card business and their banking services into 1 website; previously they were separate.

Can you please request that your technical team follow-up on this for a fix?

Thank you.

• Coach Jon

Hello @rjg5060,

Thanks for reaching out! Before we can begin the escalation process, we will first need to be sure of what is going on here. I would have you follow the following steps to make sure it's not credential-related:

• Verify the bank selected is the correct instance.
      • You may see several different instances of your bank that you can add in the Add Account screen. Check to see if you’re using the correct one.
    • Verify that your login information is correct.
      • Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    • Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    • Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    • Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Thank you,

Coach Jon

• chaorabbit
    chaorabbit Member

Please read rjg5060's post above; he is diagnosing the cause. I am having the same issue. It is NOT a credential related issue.

• msimon87
    msimon87 Member ✭✭

Also seeing same issue here. Seems as though the credentials that work for the Banking account now are the separate ones I was using for my Retail CC with them.

• Coach Jon

Hello @msimon87 and @chaorabbit,

Thanks for reaching out as well! Sorry to hear about the recent trouble with Barclays. In order to continue investigating this issue for a resolution, we will also need you to follow the steps above as well.

Let us know how that goes!

-Coach Jon

• msimon87
    msimon87 Member ✭✭

I've reset passwords, and verified login on Barclay's website.

On Simplifi - my existing connection was via Barclays Online Banking - US (banking.barclaysus.com). My old Savings account credentials no longer work and the "CC account credentials" didn't work on this connection on Simplifi. I tried connecting with Barclays Bank Delaware (cards.barclaycardus.com) connection with my CC credentials and my CC account appeared, but the savings account did not.

So CC credentials work on Simplifi and on Barclays website, but Simplifi's connection to Barclays Savings no longer appears to work. It seems Barclays is performing some kind of SSO Federation on its end to connect from the Credit Card account to https://www.securebanking.barclaysus.com/

• Coach Jon

Hello @msimon87,

I am glad you were able to get your credit card connected at least. For the savings account, can you please provide the following information? Feel free to send the information via DM!

• The name of the account(s), as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    • The name of the account(s), as it appears on the bank's website.
    • Has there been any recent changes made to the bank's website or its sign-in process?
    • What is the exact URL you use to log in to your account on the bank's website?
    • What type of account(s) are you attempting to connect in Quicken Simplifi?
    • A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    • The format of your password (DO NOT provide your actual password!). For example, "Quicken123$" would be coded as "Xxxxxxx###$", where a capital "X" indicates a capital letter, a lowercase "x" indicates a lowercase letter, and a "#" indicates numbers; the actual special characters used will need to be provided.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• wilcox17554
    wilcox17554 Member

I am having the same problem as others that have commented in this thread.

• Coach Jon

Hello @wilcox17554,

Thanks for letting us know. Be sure to follow the steps I shared previously so we can verify what is going on.

Thank you,

Coach Jon

• wilcox17554
    wilcox17554 Member

I had followed the steps and still have the problem. This is not a user issue. Barclays changed their systems this week and we can no longer direct connect thru Simplifi.

• rjg5060
    rjg5060 Member ✭✭

@Coach Jon

As I mentioned before, Barclays Online Savings implemented a major website change this week - it appears they combined their retail credit card business and their savings account products into one website. Prior to this change, they were supported by different websites with different URLs.

The new combined website uses the following URL (with the numbers at the end changed to xxxxxxxxx):

https://www.barclaycardus.com/servicing/accountSummaryOnLogin?__fsk=xxxxxxxxx

The previous savings account product website was probably the following:

https://www.securebanking.barclaysus.com/accountList.do

I have no problem logging in to their new combined website using the login credentials for my Barclays credit card

Simplifi has 2 account options for Barclays:

1. Barclays Bank Delaware for card products. The displayed URL under the account name is cards.barclaycardus.com
    2. Barclays Online Banking - US. The displayed URL under the account name is banking.barclaysus.com

The Barclays Online Banking - US account connection in Simplifi no longer works. This is where I and others get the FDP-103 error starting yesterday. It worked fine before yesterday. I didn't make any password or other account changes.

I also connect to my Barclays credit card via the Barclays Bank Delaware Simplifi account connection. This seems to still connect and gets updated with no error. I also tried to add this account again and it successfully attempted to add it for only my credit card.

This is not a user error or issue - things changed at Barclays and Simplifi will need to work with them and make changes so that our savings account balances sync with Simplifi again.

Thank you.

• chaorabbit
    chaorabbit Member

@Coach Jon

Please stop wasting everyone’s time by asking them to repeat the same troubleshooting steps that obviously will not work. It’s obviously not a user issue, judging by the number of people reporting this.

rjg’s post above has a very clear explanation of what is happening. The information for Barclays’ savings account is now under a different website.

I’m sure someone on the Engineering team can read this post and understand the issue in 5 minutes.

• ogl
    ogl Member ✭✭

This is not a user issue. Every single BarlaysUS savings account has had logins reset and redirected to a new site.

Barclays has been notifying all of its savings account users for weeks about this.
    All prior logins at "www.securebanking.barclaysus.com" are now being redirected to "https://cards.barclaycardus.com/"

Please Update!

• tvkloves
    tvkloves Unconfirmed, Member

Hello,

I am also having the same issue with Barclays accounts not able to connect via Simplifi. Even when I try to add Credit card using cards.barclaycardus.com, I am getting the error "We are unable to connect to Barclays bank delaware at this time. Care code - FDP-163.

• mddt2023
    mddt2023 Member

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same Barclays issues on Simplifi that other users have been reporting. Barclays has been communicating about their website changes for weeks, so it seems to be a problem on Simplifi's end. I believe Simplifi will need to update their integration with Barclays to resolve this issue.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello All,

Thank you for the replies. Please provide the information that @Coach Jon requested in an earlier post so that we can escalate this issue for further investigation and resolution.

If you're not comfortable posting the information to this thread, please feel free to send the information via DM.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• wilcox17554
    wilcox17554 Member

@Coach Kristina and @Coach Jon

I've DM'ed you both the details requested above. To reiterate, this is not a user problem, Barclays has changed their systems.

• Same issue here. Have tried other Barclays accounts, tried changing username/password. No connection can be made from Simplifi.

• I'll add to this as well. This is a Barclays change, not an "us" change. Please advise when this will be fixed.

• rjg5060
    rjg5060 Member ✭✭

@Coach Jon

Many users, including me, have now weighed-in on this issue and some have sent the information you have requested. It seems that you should be able to proceed. This is a connection issue due to major website changes at Barclays.

Do you now have sufficient info to proceed with getting this connection issue with Barclays resolved?

Thank you.

• MCiv
    MCiv Member
    edited October 20

Barclays Savings is not working for me anymore either. Currently giving me a 101 error when I try to connect with my updated Barclays username and password.

• Coach Jon

Hello everyone,

We are aware of this known issue with Barclays and have a new alert for you to follow for updates! We will be sure to post any updates on the issue there as we receive new information.

Thanks for your patience!

-Coach Jon