Show "Transfers" or Linked Transactions right next to each other in the Transactions List

System
System Administrator admin
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
This discussion was created from comments split from: Eliminate the redundancy of "Transfers" in the Upcoming List (edited).
12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Stentzy90
    Stentzy90 Member ✭✭

Not sure how to word this idea or suggestion. I would like to have Transfers or linked transactions right next to each other in the transaction list. For example, I transferred funds between 2 accounts, but the transactions are on opposite ends for that day. Hopefully that makes sense.

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@Stentzy90 I see what you're saying. Great suggestion!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Please be sure to add your vote if you'd like to see this implemented in Simplifi! :smiley:
  • I think this would be great, especially for slower transactions like ACH, where the debit and credit in the two accounts you are transferring between almost certainly occur on different days, and may be separated by other transactions. You could move the withdrawal up the list to appear just below the deposit so you can see the debit and credit next to each other as separate transactions. Otherwise in multi-account transaction views you could list it a as single transaction—a “transfer from x, to y”— and only treat it as a debit or credit is single-account views.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello All, 

The Community Support Team reviews long-standing Idea posts for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and we would like to gauge the current level of interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this Idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this request would be beneficial for you. More details on voting for Idea posts can be found in our FAQ here

Thank you,

Simplifi Community Support Team

• Norm6257
    Norm6257 Member ✭✭✭

It would be nice to have better visual 'linkage' between transfer transactions. It could be that they get placed right next to each other. Or maybe handle it the way paypal shows transactions with the main transaction and then the child transaction indented within the main transaction. Or it could be a visual link bracket that connects the two transaction. Or it could be matching icons next to each transaction to facilitate quickly recognizing linked transactions as in this idea: