When clicking on "category" drop down, the current selected category should be auto-highlighted

Options
nichodamous
nichodamous Member ✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
Right now when I click on the category of a given transaction, the drop down opens up with a list of various categories (some of them have subcategories too). This is great, however, it is very time consuming to find where the selected category falls under.

For example, let's say I purchased something from Home Depot. It is auto categorized under "Home Supplies". I'd like to switch it to another sub-category. When I click on the category drop down, I have to scroll through to find the correct subcategory before changing it to another option (i know I can just type it in, but sometimes I want to see what options are available.)
Instead, when I click on the category drop down, the "home" category should already be open, with all the subcategory options under that visible, with "Home Supplies" highlighted. This makes it much easier and quicker to change the category.
10 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 2020
    Options

Hello @nichodamous,

Great suggestion! You've got my vote! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• achester99
    achester99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    yes please!
  • scottnliz
    scottnliz Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Totally agree - this is painful.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All,

The Community Support Team reviews long-standing Idea posts for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and we would like to gauge the current level of interest in this request.

If you would like to see this Idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this request would be beneficial for you. More details on voting for Idea posts can be found in our FAQ here.

Thank you,

Simplifi Community Support Team

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Voting for this, for me it often autofills the wrong 'transfer to' category (this might be less often,now), it would be 'helpful' if when i popped-down the category list, it started the 'cursor' on that original category, because it would be a lot less far to travel to pick 'another' transfer-to category.

Rob Wilkens

• getquickevenbetter
    getquickevenbetter Member
    edited January 27
    Options

When changing a transaction’s category, many times it is only slightly off, so it would help if when opening the category list it would automatically scroll/open to the category that is already selected so you can more quickly make the change (e.g. from Paycheck to Bonus, etc.).

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@getquickenevenbetter

I like your idea and voted for it above. While it's a small thing, it would make navigating the Category list just that much easier! Here's another idea post related to the ease of navigating categories in transactions. You might find it good too.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • oldit51
    oldit51 Member
    Options

I agree. at a minimum it should open to the category currently on the transaction and show it selected until another is selected.