Ability to Create One-Time Bills That Are Not Recurring (edited)

cfoxcvg
cfoxcvg Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
Would like to create upcoming bills or one time bills without having to create them as a reoccurring event. I know there is a work around but I think there should be an option just to create a one time bill without needing to set an end date.
Tagged:
10 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @cfoxcvg,

Thank you for posting this suggestion to the Community!

You may consider checking out the Planned Spending section of the Spending Plan to create a one time expense, as this may also meet some of your needs! You can find more details regarding the Spending Plan, including Planned Spending, available here. :smile:

Thank you,

Coach Natalie
  • cfoxcvg
    cfoxcvg Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    > @Coach Natalie said:
    > Hello @cfoxcvg,
    >
    > Thank you for posting this suggestion to the Community!
    >
    > You may consider checking out the Planned Spending section of the Spending Plan to create a one time expense, as this may also meet some of your needs! You can find more details regarding the Spending Plan, including Planned Spending, available here. :smile:
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Coach Natalie

Planned spending does not have a due date option. I would like to be able to enter a bill for tracking so I do not forget or miss it. Currently I have to create a reoccurring series that ends 1 day after the due date. Essentially this works but it is very cumbersome. There just needs to be a option to add a one time bill with a due date and no needing to add an ending date. Using the app is even worse as you can not create a new upcoming event from the upcoming menu so if there hasn't been a billing history it is very cumbersome adding a new transaction.
  • cfoxcvg
    cfoxcvg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @cfoxcvg,

Thank you for posting this suggestion to the Community!

You may consider checking out the Planned Spending section of the Spending Plan to create a one time expense, as this may also meet some of your needs! You can find more details regarding the Spending Plan, including Planned Spending, available here. :smile:

Thank you,

Coach Natalie
    Issue with this is that you can not set a due date. I have many bills that are not planned and do not have any set date or are one time bills. I would like to enter a bill once I receive it so I have visibility for planning and so I do not forget or overlook it but I definitely need to enter a due date so I do note go over. Currently I am entering a reoccurring transaction then I end the series the day after the due date. It works but it is very cumbersome in my opinion. 
  • JoelW
    JoelW Member
    edited September 2021
    I want to second the ability to add a one time bill. Planned spending doesn't get counted in projections. If you enter a future transaction it automatically enters into the register on the due date and this is not ideal because the actual bill may post a day or 2 later. My current work around is to create a monthly bill reminder but set the end date 25 days out. So it only posts once. 
  • +1 this. I got a bill from the dentist. Would like to add it to my bills so that I can plan for it; it's obviously not a recurring bill, but it would be good to either be able to save up to pay it or to have it allotted in my available funds
  • +1 - Create a New Manual Bill with a due date that doesn't automatically post to the register, but can then be linked to a completed transaction from the register.  (Similar to how it works in the desktop Quicken app)  and it appears on the cash flow forecast based on the entered due date.