Allow a manual update of the balance on manual accounts (edited)

scottnliz
scottnliz Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
I’ve manually added a bank that isn’t yet supported (HMBradley) but I haven’t found a way to update the balance to keep it in sync with my actual balance.  Is there a way to do this?  

I would also like to be able to update the balances/value for manually added items like property or unsupported loans.
13 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @scottnliz,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

In regards to keeping a manual account balance in sync with your bank balance, this is accomplished by manually entering the transactions that took place into the register, so that the data would match what your bank has, including the balance.

I have, however, turned this into an Idea post requesting the ability to manually update the balance of a manual account, so that other Users can vote on it, and our Product Team can review it. Please be sure to add your vote as well! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • some_guy
    some_guy Member
    edited April 2021
    the important point here is that an asset account can have a change in value due to a transaction or due to a change in the asset value. seems to me that manual accounts would be either a cash balance account (transaction updates) or an asset account (asset transactions and asset marking changes)
  • purdnost
    purdnost Member ✭✭✭
    I inadvertently added a handful of debt accounts as positive values, and instead of being able to simply update those values, I had to delete and recreate them all. If I can adjust “Opening Balance” transactions, I would think I should be able to do the same with any account type.