Add the Year to Recurring Series View (edited)

Options
Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 22 in Feature Requests
Please add a year to the date here.  Is my upcoming bill in 2022, 2024, 2099?  This particular one switched from being charged monthly to yearly in May 2021.  That's when I noticed that the year was missing.

Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
New to Simplifi in 2021.
5 votes

Completed · Last Updated

The year is now displayed in the Recurring Series view!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All, 

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant, and due to the age of the request and lack of user votes/comments, will be archived within the next 10 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken Simplifi, please be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this request would be beneficial for you. More details on voting for Idea posts can be found in our FAQ here

Thank you,

Quicken Simplifi Community Support Team

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I upvoted. Let's put it another way. Is there a good reason NOT to include the year, (not just here, but everywhere in the app)?

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    Options

This idea looks partially complete.

Mobile app - Recurring history with year for past and upcoming

Web app - Recurring history with year - pending year on coming up/upcoming. I assume is 2024 but there may be some things that occur every other year like car registrations

Upvoted

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd mark this as 'complete':

Except for the current year, all years are displayed in history for my account.

Here's an example with my autosave:

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RobWilk, oh it does!!

@Flopbot, are you satisfied with marking this as completed? 😀

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I will like the year to show on the coming up transaction on the web app to look the same as the mobile app. This is helpful for expenses that occur every other year.

Minter 2014-2023

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA I think if the date was a different year, it would show. It's only the current year it leaves off (if i understand it right). I'm personally okay with this as-is, but understand if others are not.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I did a quick test and if the date is more than a year in advance, it does not show up on the historical series chart. I prefer the web and the mobile app to display the same info if possible. The mobile app shows the year for the next upcoming, the web app should do the same.

Minter 2014-2023

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would file that as a bug rather than a feature request, then, because otherwise that seems to be how it was designed to work.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie ,

Yes, this one could be considered done. I love for Simplifi to add the date under “In six days”, but by and large, the year has been added which was the original point.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    Options

@RobWilk has a good point regarding the bug report. The bug is that the year does not show up for the next upcoming occurrence in the web app while the mobile app has the year displayed per screenshots I posted earlier. Please fix.

The request is otherwise completed.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    edited February 29
    Options

Hey everyone, yes I think this Idea is implemented so I have marked it as completed. For the date being displayed on the next upcoming Reminder instance when it's in 'X' days, I think a separate Idea post should be created for this if anyone is interested in doing so. As for the year missing for the next Reminder instance on Web versus Mobile, I'm not sure that this is a bug so much as a design change that's needed. At any rate, it will need to be reported elsewhere since this is an Idea post for a specific request.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, I created a bug report for the issue of the calendar year for the current year (2024) not showing on the web app but displaying in the mobile app. It can be converted to an idea post if need be, hoping we have a bug instead.

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.