Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (2 Merged Votes)

Options
2»

Comments

• EDG
    EDG Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Any idea why the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management link (https://login.morganstanleyclientserv.com/ux/) has not been added after repeated requests? This link is available in Mint, [removed], Quicken Classic, etc. Simplifi is less useful to me without this site.

• sgraff34
    sgraff34 Member
    Options

Once connected, do your balances get updated so you are always seeing your latest balance but no transactions? I can live without transactions for my MS account but really want to see the balance included in my Net Worth calculation.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited January 24
    Options

@EDG, thanks for posting and sharing your feedback!

Unfortunately, we don't have any further insight to provide as to why Morgan Stanley Wealth Management is not currently supported in Quicken Simplifi. I'd suggest following along with this existing topic for now: [removed link to merged thread]

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• junofirst
    Options

Any updates? Would love to connect my MS accounts.

• Ames
    Options

Would also like an update on adding Morgan Stanley. I use them for banking and they are one of my primary investment institutions. Without transaction detail for MS, Simplifi isn't a viable product for me.

• KDeArmas
    KDeArmas Member
    Options

Citi Smith Barney IRA works! You can even see that the URL is morganstanley.com. Ridiculous that the issue is not connection to Morgan Stanley but the failure to update the label after 8 years since the acquisition!

• KDeArmas
    KDeArmas Member
    Options

Search for Citi Smith Barney IRA which was acquired by Morgan Stanley over 8 years ago. My MS accounts are showing up now and update as expected.

• Coach Natalie
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hey everyone, can you all attempt to connect your Morgan Stanley Wealth Management accounts using the "Citi Smith Barney IRA" option and let us know how it goes, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• 5impl5abi
    5impl5abi Member ✭✭
    Options

I have successfully connected to Morgan Stanley Online (MSO) using the woefully outdated and inaccurate institution name of "Citi Smith Barney IRA". HOWEVER, the connection only displays the total balance. Individual transactions aren't downloaded for any of the accounts. This is not acceptable.

• taknight
    taknight Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I was able to connect my accounts through the Citi Smith Barney IRA but it is unable to automatically update transactions. You have to manually enter all of them. Both incoming and outgoing. I went back and manually added two months worth of transactions and income so I could see how Simplifi displayed and organized my spending. I also assumed once it had that data that it would have the ability to average what I make monthly for future spending/income projections. It all looked okay and I enjoy the UI.. however.. I got a notification telling me my next months spending was going to be over 700% higher because it was predicting that I would have zero income in January. That was the final nail for me so I canceled and went with [removed] instead.

• garsea
    garsea Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

This is the best reason NOT to pay for Simplifi - what a joke! Can't even access one of the world's largest brokerage firms, even though mint did for free! Disappointing.

• dougyoungk
    Options

Do we have an ETA on this? Given the Mint fallout, Im quite shocked that MS integration hasn't been added.

I'll need to move to another service if there isn't any movement on this.

• ssegal44
    Options

I use a Morgan Stanley checking account. I can see the balance but I do not see the transactions. Am I doing something wrong

• 5impl5abi
    5impl5abi Member ✭✭
    Options

@ssegal44 you're not doing anything wrong. This is what we're all grumbling about: Simplifi doesn't show any Morgan Stanley transactions, only the account balance

• cmchattie
    cmchattie Member
    Options

This work around loads accounts and balances, but doesnt import nor sync transactions.

• cmchattie
    cmchattie Member
    Options

Following @Coach Natalie's instructions, i reported a bug for the transaction importing not working correctly. I fear simplifi considers this "Missing Institution" thread resolved now that you can get accounts and balances.

• GinnyG
    GinnyG Member
    edited January 19
    Options

@Coach Natalie is there an update for fixing the Morgan Stanley transactions? Per this thread, I was able to connect my accounts through the very outdated Citi Smith Barney IRA name, but it does not automatically update transactions. I am on a trial for this app following Mint's cancellation. If this is not a priority for Simplifi, I will need to find an alternative application. Please provide an update and ETA. Thank you.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@GinnyG, the issue with missing transactions when using the Citi Smith Barney IRA option has been reported here:

Please be sure to post on that topic. Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• EDG
    EDG Member
    Options

I contacted the Morgan Stanley Digital Escalation Team. They stated, "The 3rd party data sharing is active and there should be no limitations on what account data is feeding into Quicken Simplifi." I contacted Helpline, again, mentioning the Morgan Stanley feedback. They had no clue as to what the solution is—thinking about moving away from Simplifi.

• Coach Natalie
    edited January 23
    Options

@EDG (and anyone else), if you're experiencing the issue with transactions not downloading when using the Citi Smith Barney IRA connection option, please see our other thread here for more info and to provide more details:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• EDG
    EDG Member
    Options

Yes. I was able to connect my Morgan Stanley IRA accounts through the Citi Smith Barney IRA link. Good to go………thanks to all for your help.

• SMur
    SMur Member
    Options

Need Morgan Stanley to connect as well as other institutions like PHH mortgage.

• Coach Natalie
    edited February 20
    Options

@SMur, can you try adding your Morgan Stanley Wealth Management account using the Citi Smith Barney IRA option? For any other issues, or if this is not regarding a Wealth Management account at Morgan Stanley, I'd suggest creating a new post:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.