Ability to Share Reports (edited)

Matt C
Matt C Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Feature Requests

As a user I want to the ability to share reports, so that I can track spending with a member of my household.

Potential approaches

1. Printable, screenshot-friendly UI
    - (Attached: currently, the nested scrollbars will not allow for printing or screenshots)
  2. Direct share link to report 

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Agree with this one.  I added my vote!

I know some of the other posts in the community have mentioned the ability to share accounts (separate users with separate rights).  While that would be a wonderful addition to Simplifi, there will always be those people who - for whatever reason - don't want to use the software.  Adding share icons would be a great way for us Simplifi users to easily share status updates and those non-Simplifi people.

For example, in my case, I would love the ability to share the Monthly Summary Report, Net Income Report, & Spending Report with my wife as an image she can simply receive via text message.

Just so I'm clear, this is what I'm talking about...

Until then, @Matt C, you might look into "Scrolling Screenshots".  I have a iPhone SE which does NOT have this ability, but newer iPhones do.  I also have an iPad (9th generation) and it doesn't appear to have this ability either; however, I know some Android tablets offer this.  For me, I found a way to take three screenshots of the Monthly Summary Report on the iPad and stich them together with a separate installed app.  It's certainly a lot of work and I don't like the idea of installing an app for one solitary use.

While it's NOT ideal, it did allow me to achieve my end goal this @Matt C

[corrected Member tagging]
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Coach Natalie

By the way, there appears to be an issue with Matt C's profile.  When I type @___, he doesn't appear.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited February 2022
    @Flopbot, when a Community Member has a space in their Username, you'll want to use parentheses to find it. It's most likely that "Matt" has a lot of options so the one that you were looking for didn't pop up, but using parentheses will allow you to continue typing/searching after the space.

So you'll use the @ symbol and then a parenthesis (") and then the Username. If you're typing the whole thing out instead of selecting it from the dropdown, you'll also want to put a parenthesis (") after the Username like this -- @ "Matt C" (but remove the space after the @ symbol). 

I also fixed the tags that you made to the OP above. Let me know if you have any further questions or issues with this! :wink:

-Coach Natalie