Ability to un-cancel/reopen an Ended Recurring Series (edited)

Options
JayT
JayT Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Feature Requests
It would be great to be able to un-cancel a previously cancelled recurring transaction series. Subscriptions (streaming services as an example) may sometimes be cancelled and then renewed at various points in the year. This would allow subscriptions to be turned on and off while maintaining the linked transactions in the history.

Deleting the cancelled series and creating a new one is not feasible as there is no way to bulk assign transactions to a new recurring series (must be done one by one) to link the history.

A recurring series "pause" feature would also be nice for this situation, but the ability to un-cancel a series would also help if a recurring series is cancelled by mistake.
14 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @JayT,

Thanks for posting your request to the Community!

You may also consider adding your vote and feedback here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/2102/ability-to-pause-skip-payments-in-recurring-bills-subscriptions/p1?new=1 :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can we have the ability to disable recurring reminders (short term / long term) without deleting them? - - - Maybe an "[ ] enabled" checkbox which is checked by default.

Example use case: Government funding stops, and government income needs to be cut off for an undefined period. OR maybe i just want to experiment with what happens to cash flow if i stop individual recurring reminders, but may want to re-enable them.

—Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hey @RobWilk!

Do either of these existing Ideas cover what you're looking for?

-Coach Natalie

[removed link to merged thread]

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The un-cancel one might be effectively the same, I'll add my vote to that if i haven't already.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Adding a comment to push this back to the top. This would be a very useful option.

Occasionally, I'll take advantage of a free offer or something from streaming services like this, watch what I want to watch, and then shut them down again since their monthly fee isn't in the budget.

It would be useful to have a "Restore series" option here. This would allow me to preserve the history instead of having to create a brand new Recurring Series the next time I spool up Paramount+. Then I could see when I had them last and how much I've wasted on them over the years.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • johnsonkt
    Options

The easiest option would be to allow for closed recurring series to be reopened. Failing that, I'd suggest a toggle between active and closed recurring series when you go to link a transaction to a series.

I have a recurring series that I have to add as a new series because it stops periodically and, while I can see which is active due the active series being blue and the closed series being gray, a toggle would prevent miscategorization of recurring series.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd like the same. That way, ending a series would act more like a "pause" and allow us to resume them when needed.