We want your feedback on the Spending Plan!

Options
14567810»

Comments

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah I would also hesitate to delete transactions. It's easy enough to exclude them.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did the size of the Spending Plan tiles just get changed? I used to see 3 on a row and now I see only 2 on a row. This means i need to scroll up and down more to see where I'm up to. I'd love if there was a way to choose the tile size (maybe with 3-4 options to pick from).

• brad08
    brad08 Member
    Options

Someone else mentioned this but I didn't see any upvotes for it. It would be a nice feature to tag a planned spending item to an account (bank account or credit card account) and have those flow through like recurring bills on the cash flow chart on that credit card or bank account. This would be useful for calculating how much your budget shows a given credit payment would be.

-Brad

Simplifi user since December 2023

• Another Stephen
    Options

Took a little bit to get use to, but I like it a lot. Especially appreciate being able to hide things from spending plans while keeping them in the reports. Very well thought out.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Another Stephen - I agree with you on "Especially appreciate being able to hide things from spending plans while keeping them in the reports."

When I used Mint, the option was to hide from budgets and trends together. I like being able to see items in reports but not in spending plan.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Akf
    Akf Member
    Options

I wish the spending plan circle chart distinguished between planned spending and overages of planned spending.

For example, if I have a planned spend of $200 for gifts, but I go over by $50, the pie chart just increases the planned spending portion by that amount with no way to understand that there are categories of planned spending that are over budget.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Akf

The Spending plan circle chart is an amalgamation of all income (anticipated/actual) and expenses (anticipated/planned/actual) of your whole Spending Plan inclusive. When you overspend one of your Planned spending categories, yes, the amount spent for the month will increase since you have increased your actual spending by the overage. But, Quicken Simplifi also tells you there is a "problem" in your Planned spending with the appearance of the red circle "!" next to your Planned spending amount (Web). If you click into the Planned Spending page you will easily see which category(ies) is/are over spent.

However, there doesn't seem to be such a warning on the mobile app unless your overage also sends your whole Spending Plan into the red for the month. If you didn't click into the Planned spending page on the mobile app you wouldn't know there is an overage in any given category. Perhaps you can create a feature request to have some kind of warning indicator added to the mobile app to match what is done in the Web app for Planned spending overages.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • nanoviking
    nanoviking Member ✭✭
    Options

Could spending plan be combined with watch list? Instead of just saying you're over or under spent for the month, also report whether you are over or under on the annual amount budgeted for this category?

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭
    Options

I would like to see a Budget vs. Actual report and was surprised that it does not exist. I am a convert from YNAB and it seems to me that Simplifi's Spending Plan is an attempt to replication YNAB's zero-based budgeting approach. If I wanted that I'd have stuck with YNAB.

I am aware there is a feature request forBudget vs. Actual reporting and I voted for it.

• robertanthony87
    Options

Would like to see Roll over option with spending or planned expenses.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 19
    Options

Hey everyone! Our product team has started rolling out Planned Spending Rollover to Early Access users, and we encourage everyone to check out our announcement, as well as provide your feedback on the new feature.

Otherwise, we are closing this thread, and appreciate everyone who's left feedback here! Hopefully we also see some of the other items mentioned here come to fruition. 😁

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.