Watchlist showing incorrect (outdated) data

Options
shuruev
shuruev Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2 in Report a Bug
Hi all,

I started using Simplifi a few days ago and pretty much like everything so far. Here is a watchlist issue I ran into though; would you please help figuring out if there is any workaround?

I imported multiple accounts and decided to do a "clean start" from October 1st. Prior to this date the history was inaccurate, because depending on the institution it had different history length resulting in the inconsistent data. So, I had to manually delete all the transactions prior to October 1st (and thank you so much for providing the ability to delete, as other budgeting software I was using before didn't allow to do that at all).

However, after deleting said transactions it went to a weird state like if waitlists were still partially affected by the old (cached?) data. Here is the screenshot, there are 5 transactions in total that sum up to $226.06. But the overall numbers on top show some incorrect figures, and I cannot find a way to get them fixed. Tried to edit, or to remove/add a watchlist but none of this seem to help.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi @shuruev welcome to Simplifi!   

Looking at those summary numbers at the top, it does look like they still include your deleted transactions since it’s showing a 2 month history. If you haven’t already done so, try logging out, close Simplifi, then open Simplifi and log back in.   This might be something that will need to be addressed by Simplifi support though.

Hang in there, other users may and one of the coaches for sure will show up with some suggestions and help troubleshoot this problem.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @shuruev,

Welcome to Simplifi.  You're in good hands with @DannyB...he's great.  There is something odd going on for sure with your Watchlists.  Maybe @Coach Natalie could offer a recommendation.  We're all glad you're here!

In addition to closing out of Simplifi, you might also try deleting the Watchlist and recreating it.  I've seen that fix some random problems as well.

Good luck!

P.S. Since you mentioned making a "Clean Start" with October 1st being your starting date, one thing to think about is whether both sides of all your transfers (bank to savings transfers, CC payments, etc.) fall in the same month.  For example, are there any transfers that began September 30th and ended on October 1st?  If so, one side of the transfer isn't going to be present in Simplifi.  If that's the case, you might find this other post on that subject helpful (click here).
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah, yes, brilliant idea… deleting and recreating the watch may also help!
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @shuruev,

Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with a Simplifi Watchlist. Also, as the others mentioned, welcome to Simplifi and the Community!

I agree with both @DannyB and @Flopbot -- I'd suggest fully signing out and back into Simplifi to refresh everything after deleting the historical transactions prior to October, and, if the issue persists, I'd also suggest deleting and recreating the Watchlist. Hopefully these steps will get things cleared up for you. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • shuruev
    shuruev Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi guys,

First off, thank you for your answers. Somehow, I thought I was submitting to the support – is this a kind of a community forum instead? In this case I might try contacting the tech support.

>> it does look like they still include your deleted transactions since it’s showing a 2 month history
    @DannyB Yes this is exactly what it looks like.

Surely I tried to log out/in, deleting this watchlist and recreating it multiple times – and none of this seemed to help so far.

>> 
     For example, are there any transfers that began September 30th and ended on October 1st?  If so, one side of the transfer isn't going to be present in Simplifi.

@Flopbot thank you for your suggestion. I believe I understand this part (was working with other budgeting software for 10+ years, just switched to Simplifi recently). In this particular case though, there are no paired transactions that are "carrying over", and for sure I was carefully watching to always have both sides of transactions for those which I have ended with.

@Coach Natalie what would be the best way to contact tech support regarding this? The chat option at the bottom right?

Thanks!
  • shuruev
    shuruev Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    By the way, I also figured I could use Reports and they seem showing everything pretty accurate so far. So, in case watchlists are buggy – another option is to not use them. Until it gets fixed at least 🙂
  • shuruev
    shuruev Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Contacted the tech support. They advised this likely looks like a bug, with no immediate workaround. So I guess I should be waiting for another release or something 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, good to see some responsiveness!
  • Coach Natalie
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello @shuruev,

Thank you for attempting the steps and posting back!

I've reviewed your interaction with our Support Team, and it looks like they've identified what you're experiencing as a known issue where YTD Watchlist amounts are being miscalculated. With that said, however, I am seeing in your screenshot above that the 'This month' amount is also being miscalculated -- is that still true after deleting and recreating the Watchlist? Is the Watchlist also still showing a 2-month average, even though you only have transactions from this month in Simplifi? 

To provide some clarity on the Community, although this is a user-to-user forum, you can also report issues here, as we do monitor everything posted here, and we can also provide technical support and escalate issues. So feel free to reach out to us here at any time! 

Please let me know about the Watchlist so we can confirm the issue and take the appropriate steps in escalating it! A fresh screenshot like the one above would be wonderful to have. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • shuruev
    shuruev Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi @Coach Natalie

Sure, let me put as much detailed info as possible since I believe the bug is still there. If that info helps resolving it – I would be very happy.

Yes, I believe it's true that not only YTD is miscalculated, but also "This month" amount. And it's still showing "2 month" average despite there are no transactions with this tag in September.

I went ahead and created a new watchlist from scratch. This watchlist is using only a single tag called "Shared":

Now here is how the chart looks like:

The $387.62 is the only number in there which makes sense to me. That is $613.68 in expense minus $226.06 in income I have for this tag. For all other numbers ($1020.28, $2040.55, $216.44, $559.13) – I have no idea what they mean and where did they come from 🤷‍♂️ I feel like they are still mistakenly using some obsolete data (the one I deleted back then). But if there would be an explanation justifying them – I'd be happy to learn.

Here is a screenshot of the table below showing all the transactions that contribute to that chart. Note all those transactions are made in October, there is nothing in September:

I confirm the transaction list is 100% accurate and everything adds up there. There is minor inconvenience with splits where it always shows the entire transaction amount, and it's not clear which amount belonged to this very tag. But this doesn't bother me as long as I can click this transaction and see a modal showing individual line items for this split.

Here is also the CSV of those transactions attached, just in case (what I get after clicking the Download button). Keep in mind it also has this issue with Splits – which basically makes those CSVs unusable since the required info is lost 😢

Hope this helps!
  • Coach Natalie
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello

@shuruev

Thank you for confirming the issue and providing screenshots!

Yes, I believe that you're experiencing something different than the known issue that you were advised of via Chat Support. With that said, I did go ahead and get this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-14037 / QCS-15422

• Coach Natalie
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hello @shuruev,

Thank you for your patience as this is being researched!

My Team is having a hard time replicating the issue, so they'd like you to upload your logs and data file via the 'Send Feedback' option. You may do so by following these steps: 
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send
    Please let me know once done!

-Coach Natalie
  • shuruev
    shuruev Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    report created - reference id 350536046890251777
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thank you, @shuruev!

I'll be in touch once a new update becomes available. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @shuruev,

Thank you for your patience as this is being worked on, although I apologize for the delay. 

It looks like this issue is expected to be fixed as of the 3.73.0 Web Release, so please be sure to let us know if you continue to see an issue after that time. 

-Coach Natalie
  • shuruev
    shuruev Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Coach Natalie,

Glad to hear if the root cause was found and fixed. As for me checking whether the issue still exists, I imagine this would be hard to do, because the further we go into the future (and now, especially with the new year) – the least visible its impact becomes.

But thanks for the update anyway!
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @shuruev,

It looks like they changed the fix version to the 3.74.0 Web Release. Although the issue has become less apparent, I'll still let you know if any other updates become available so you can be on the lookout for any oddities. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • shuruev
    shuruev Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hi @Coach Natalie

I checked the version I'm currently using and it says 3.72.1, so will be looking forward to the 3.74 release.

Also, do you know if this layout issue below will be fixed in 3.74 as well? Or is it something I should rather report somewhere:

The layout is broken badly when there multiple (5+) splits, as you can see the buttons start floating and prevent entering more data (see where the "Delete" and "Update" buttons shifted). This appeared 1-2 months ago, I was waiting for someone to notice and fix – cannot believe I'm the only one who has 5+ splits :smile:

Please kindly let me know, and thank you so much for your help!
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @shuruev,

Typically, you'd want to create a new post to report a separate issue. However, for this particular issue, it is known; we have an Alert available here, as well as a Discussion thread here

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @shuruev,

Just wanted to keep you updated on the fix for this issue -- it looks like it got pushed to the 3.75.0 Web Release, sadly. I'll continue to let you know if there are any further updates. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello again @shuruev,

The fix for this has now been pushed to the 3.76.0 Web Release.

We appreciate your continued patience!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @shuruev,

It looks like a different type of fix is needed for this issue, so they removed the fix version from the ticket. I'll let you know as soon as any new updates are received.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@shuruev, thank you for your continued patience!

This issue should now be resolved for you. Please let us know if this is not the case.

-Coach Natalie

• shuruev
    shuruev Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie yes I noticed this was resolved already, with one of the recent updates a couple months ago or so.

Thank you so much!!!

This discussion has been closed.