Add Keyboard Shortcuts (edited)

bickabah
bickabah Member
edited December 2023 in Feature Requests

I decided to delete a few months of old trx for a new account. The only way to do so was to click each trx individually to trash them. I would have preferred to control shift my trx or at least have a DATE filter in the Dashboard (like the one for Reports) 

24 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @bickabah,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

We do have an existing Idea post requesting a 'Date Range' Filter that would be great to have your vote on! 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/359/need-a-select-all-transaction-and-or-date-range-filter#latest

With that being said, I have gone ahead and edited this request to only include the ability to select a group of transactions. 

Please let me know if you have any questions! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • SZR
    SZR Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Coach Natalie

Are there any updates to this?

Being able to Shift+click to select a block of transactions and CTRL+click to multi select is one of the basic buildings blocks of desktop computing and it would be great to see it in Simplifi.

Thanks!
  • Coach Natalie
    edited April 2022
    Hello @SZR,

Thanks for the inquiry!

Sadly, I don't have an update to provide on this request at this time. We appreciate the bump, though, and I have now also added my vote here as I agree that this would be a great function to have! :wink:

Please be sure to stay tuned for future updates! 

-Coach Natalie
  • Norm6257
    Norm6257 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, having shift-click and ctrl-click functionality to select groups of transactions is a pretty common standard for application, both on the web and native desktop.  Please add this UX functionality.
  • justme
    justme Member
    edited September 2022
    Hi Simplifi,
    I am looking for a quick page on keyboard shortcuts.  With most well designed modern user interfaces, the simple '?' key press pops up a page showing the relevant keyboard shortcuts for the given context.  If you do offer such shortcuts, please add the '?' shortcut.   I have searched this forum and the help pages for a summary of keyboard shortcuts to no avail.

So far I have used Simplifi for about six months now.  Keyboard shortcuts would make the application far more usable IMHO.  Mice are nice when starting out, however a mouse is most certainly not for power users. Using a keyboard to do everything is the way to go.

For a nice example, see the keyboard shortcuts in google mail.  Note that one needs to enable this option, it is off by default as it should be (keyboard shotcuts . Gmail knows how to do shortcuts.  I can breeze through emails rapidly using a keyboard.  This is especially nice when using a laptop - no mice handy.

What makes simplifi show for me is when I review and edit transactions, I would like the review and editing process to take a fraction of a second.  That is how long it take for one to identify and know how to fix a transaction.  Yet as it stands it takes -10-30 seconds per transaction, click here, change the category, make a note. It is very slow and cumbersome and kind of ruins simplifi.  I do not review transactions often, so I have 10s to 100s of transactions to review and categories, add notes for myself.  I want to get this done fast.  And yet I have to devote an hour or more for the task. It kind of kills the experience for me.

With gmail, I can read, respond, and compose emails blazingly fast. But only with a keyboard. Using a mouse is considerably slower.  Power users know keyboards - it is the way to go.   And, if you want to copy, follow the keyboard shortcuts in gmail.  They are awesome.  Are you using kubernetes for hosting on the backend?  Are any of you using k9s?  k9s is another application with keyboard shortcuts done right.  It makes an app a power app.

All the best,
    Doug

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @justme,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Aside from being able to tab through fields and use the Enter key to select Categories and things of that nature, Simplifi doesn't offer keyboard shortcuts. With that said, I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post requesting the addition of keyboard shortcuts so other users can vote on it and our Product Team can review it. Please be sure to add your vote as well!

-Coach Natalie
  • thsourg
    thsourg Member
    Selecting multiple transactions (but not all) is a bit tricky currently. I have to craft my filters in a specific way that allows me to filter in the transactions I want to edit and then select-all. Having the ability to select a range of transactions by selecting the first and then selecting the last while holding Shift would be handy.
  • Hi there, this is my first time posting. I've been a Simplifi user for under a year but one barrier for me is having to click dozens/hundreds of boxes when I want to use the Bulk Edit option.

Imagine you want to tag everything from a certain payee using bulk edit. You can sort the display by payee. Once sorted, I want to select everything from that payee but have to click each check box individually.

I use Simplifi on a laptop.

Ideally I would like to click the first relevant checkbox, hold down ALT or Shift or Ctrl on a traditional keyboard and then select the last relevant checkbox and have all the checkboxes in between the first and last be automatically selected.

I am not a mobile or tablet user, so I'm unsure what to suggest for that.

I have searched for a way to do this and I searched the extant feature requests, but apologies if I missed something.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I voted for this just now.

I don't often bulk-edit transactions, but I, too, can see where this would be useful.

Rob Wilkens

• PLEASE!! The site also takes an extra couple of seconds to respond once I check the reviewed checkbox. This should NOT happen, it should be instantaneous, even using a mouse it would be way faster and less frustrating if it didn't take so long to register a "review". I also batch review at the end of the month and it's a chore I don't look forward to. A keyboard shortcut would be even better.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Agree!!!

• I completely agree! The lack of keyboard shortcuts is very counterintuitive. This, in addition to the lag time between clicks makes reviewing transactions a huge pain; and that's primarily what I use the program for. For me, even just a keyboard shortcut to mark the transaction as reviewed, would be a huge plus. I'm shocked this isn't a thing, considering the namesake - ouch!

• Lianabug
    Lianabug Member

When one transaction is selected, you should be able to shift-click on another transaction to select the entire range in between. This is a standard feature in spreadsheet-style applications and not having it in Simplifi seems like a bit of a UX oversight.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

Looks like the idea is already proposed here. Vote for it.

[removed link to merged thread]

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present