Track Interest Rates for Accounts (edited)

Options
Chauncey
Chauncey Member
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
It would be nice to have the interest rate tracked for accounts (credit cards, savings and checking accounts, etc.). This would be especially useful for debt payoff tools like the debt snowball or avalanche. 
18 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Blake
    Coach Blake Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hi there, @Chauncey!

That is such a great idea! Thank you for suggesting it, it definitely gets my vote!

-Coach Blake
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All, 

The Community Support Team reviews long-standing Idea posts for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and we would like to gauge the current level of interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this Idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this request would be beneficial for you. More details on voting for Idea posts can be found in our FAQ here

Thank you,

Simplifi Community Support Team

• Ian S
    Ian S Member
    Options

It would be really helpful to be able to have a quick view of total savings rate (across retirement, cash svaings, etc.) as this is a useful metric to track over time!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Ian S,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

Are you looking for something along the lines of what's been requested here where it will show the Interest Rate for your Savings Accounts? Or are you looking for a feature that tracks the interest you've earned over time?

If the latter, have you checked out the Net Income Report where you can filter the Report to view just your 'Interest' Category(s)?

If you're looking for something different than what's already been requested or the suggestion I outlined above, please add more description to your request. We need to know the specific type of feature/ability you'd like to see in Simplifi and how it would look to you. Otherwise, I am looking to merge this request with the existing request I linked above for the ability to track Interest Rates.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• WolfieGirl
    WolfieGirl Member ✭✭
    Options

I use the Avalanche method for applying my funds to my debt, specifically during bonus and tax time for the most part. So the view that I believe the OP is speaking of, which would help me greatly, is more of a list of my debt accounts showing the below data, sorted by high interest to low interest (though a feature where you can control the sort would be better):

• Current Amount Owed
    • Current Interest Rate
    • Due Date
    • Credit Limit
    • Percentage of credit available.

I'll add that the reason I add #4 & 5 is that while yes, avalanche is so you apply your funds to the highest interest rate, I also like to keep each card near a certain percentage, so I may choose to apply funds to a card with a slightly lower interest rate in order to increase the percentage available.

I am working hard towards getting rid of all of my credit card debt so my ideal goal is having one or two cards with great cashback or travel perks, which I pay off every month. But doing the above until I get there. I adopted two teens and my costs skyrocketed. The worst part is that I was so busy with everything, I didn't even see how badly :-/ So here I am working software hard to try to knock out my debt :)

Obviously my way is unique. I would just love a way to view all cards with the info above so I can work out my plan without logging into every single account.

Sharing my spreadsheet view…. took over an hour to log into everything, open up the last statement for each, and plug everything in. They sure don't make it quick and easy to see how much interest they're taking from you lol

Hope this helps!

• Stentzy90
    Stentzy90 Member ✭✭
    Options

I would also love having the feature of adding the interest rates and credit limit.

For myself, I would like to see the interest in the projected cash flow for each credit card. To foresee how that looks.

• Tyjuan
    Tyjuan Member
    Options

I like to add that I would love to track interest paid on my accounts and establish credit limits for my credit cards. It would be helpful to show the available credit or have some type of alert if my credit card usage exceeds 30% of my credit limit.