Investments showing in the Spending Plan ver 4.2

Options
millsmn
millsmn Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Report a Bug

As a follow up to the recent known issues announcement please note the following:

- income also has investment transactions
- current, past and future spending plans are affected
- the Spending Plan in the mobile app & web version are really not usable with this 4.2 release

Is there a resolution timeframe?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @millsmn,

Thanks for reaching out!

You'll want to follow the applicable Alerts for any updates and/or an expected resolution for the known issues with the Spending Plan.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi coach Natalie - to receive the fix you notified users to this morning, will we need to download an updated version of the mobile app or just sign out then login again?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @millsmn,

Thanks for the inquiry!

When an app on your mobile device has an update available, you should be able to go to the Apple App Store/Google Play Store to check for and install the update. You can also uninstall and reinstall an app to make sure you're on the latest version.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Natalie - I downloaded the 4.3 mobile version and used the web version and I'm still seeing my investment transactions in the Spending Plan. Is there a setting that I need to select to ignore the investment transactions?

• amintzer
    amintzer Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm still seeing the investment transaction in the iOS app (which I updated) and on the web version.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @millsmn & @amintzer,

We apologize for any confusion!

To clarify, as mentioned in the "resolved" comment of the Alert, certain Investment Transactions can be included in the Spending Plan now, just like Reports:

This issue has been resolved for both the Simplifi Web and Mobile Apps. Just like with Reports, you can now choose to include or ignore "cash flow" type Investment Transactions in the Spending Plan and Watchlists, as well as include some "income" types in all three. All other Investment Transactions, such as Buys and Sells, will no longer be displayed in the Spending Plan.

Does this align with what you're both seeing or are you still seeing other Investment Transaction types in the Spending Plan, such as 'Buys' and 'Sells'? If the former, and if you have no interest in seeing Investment Transactions in Reports or the Spending Plan regardless of the type, you can easily ignore the account under the Settings menu to resolve this.

http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5160316-how-to-ignore-accounts-from-reports-and-the-spending-plan

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

When clicking the link I receive the attached error.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

That's odd, @millsmn.

Since you're on the Mobile App, I should've linked the mobile version instead. Let's give that one a try — http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5160317-how-to-ignore-accounts-from-reports-and-the-spending-plan-on-the-mobile-app

Here are the steps, though, just in case:

Ignore an Account

1. Click the Menu icon (the three lines in the upper left corner).
    2. Select Settings and then Accounts.
    3. Locate the Account you'd like to ignore and click the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Ignore from reports.

-Coach Natalie

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you Natalie, the new link works.

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Natlie, thank you for the instructions for the mobile app. I am running v 4.30 of the mobile app and followed the directions provided and found that there isn't a selection to "ignore from reports" in the menu. Additionally, this isn't a satisfactory solution since ignoring the account from reports will mean that the account is no longer included in the Net Worth report and probably others.

I would like to see that the Spending Plan work as it did before the v 4.2.0 release which did not display any of the investment activities. Is it possible to revert to the way the Spending Plan worked before? If I am missing something about how the Spending Plan is intended to work, please let me know. If it would help to get on a call or chat so that I can show you what I am experiencing please let me know and we can get this scheduled.

Thank you!

Tom Mills

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

one additional comment: if the app & web version were able to allow the user to have the ability to select whether to "Exclude from Spending Plan" and "Exclude from Reports" within a category and also include a checkbox to apply this selection across all transactions within the selected category then I think this would solve the problem. Currently I would have to go into each transaction within the Spending Plan to select the "Exclude from Spending Plan" option * (possibly hundreds since the issue would need to be changed in every past month).

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

correction: I apologize but I am seeing the “ignore from reports” at the sub account level. If there was a “ignore from Spending Plan” selection at this level it would solve the problem.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @millsmn,

Thanks for posting back!

Unfortunately, there is not currently an option to ignore an account from just the Spending Plan; ignoring an account from Reports also ignores the account from the Spending Plan and Watchlists. For the ability to ignore an account from just the Spending Plan, I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback to our existing Idea post requesting it.

Additionally, we have an existing request for the ability to ignore Categories or Tags from the Spending Plan and Reports:

As for Investment Transactions showing in the Spending Plan, I don't think our Product Team plans to change this back. Since users want to be able to see certain investment data in the Spending Plan, our Product Team has added this ability. However, I agree that the transactions should be ignored by default.

With that said, you are welcome to create a new Idea post requesting that Investment Transactions be ignored from the Spending Plan by default so other users can vote on it and our Product Team can review it. I suspect you'll get some votes right away, as we've had other users share the same type of experience.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thank you Natalie - I submitted the new idea to “Ignore Investment Transactions from the Spending Plan”

[added link to Idea post]

This discussion has been closed.