Does anyone else find Simplifi difficult to get started in??

Options
CookieMonster59
edited December 2023 in Getting Started

I have am a 20 yr Navy Avionics tech, cut my computer teeth on Radio Shack Model I's-I6's, worked as a computer tech RS and later Bendix Field Engr. I was #1 in my HS Bookkeeping class, taught myself Visicalc and Excel, and completed college courses in DacEasy & Quicken Deluxe, have 235 college credits and a 138 IQ. I also have been keeping all my financials on Open Office Calc for over 10 yrs, but thought I would give Simplifi a shot. However, I am totally frustrated by the inability to edit incorrect information, it misidentifing transactions, not being able to connect to my local credit union, etc. Help me or I will toss this thing in the DELETED folder!!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@CookieMonster59, thanks for posting, although I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing with getting started in Quicken Simplifi.

If you'd like to provide more specific details, such as what transactions are being misidentified and how, what incorrect information you're unable to edit, and what credit union you're unable to connect to, etc., we'd be happy to assist. The best way to go about receiving help is by creating a separate post for each issue and providing details for that specific issue.

We look forward to seeing and assisting with your individual posts regarding these various issues!

-Coach Natalie

• It's obvious I know more than just the basics of bookkeeping and computer bookkeeping, what I find frustrating is there is no obvious EDIT function for most of my entries. For instance, SimpliFi did not recognize my local financial institute, Space Coast Credit Union, yet it is on line both electronically and mobile. SimpliFi it told me to enter them manually, so I wound up entering my 3 accounts, Checking, Savings, and Auto loan. However, but doing so, each account shows up as 'Space Coast Credit Union', with is no differenciation between them, their transactions, balances, etc., and no apparent way to correct this.

When I had 1st entered SCCU manually, SimpliFi should have asked me what accounts I had with them!! By not acknowledging SCCU electronically, Debits or Credits, such as Govt checks I receive electronically, and bills that I pay, are not 'posted', reminders are not sent, bills cannot be electronically paid, etc. If I have to do all those entries manually, your program is no different to me than my spreadsheets, which I have used for years and manage quite well with next to ZERO frustration. I check and update them daily, so they give me a day to day picture of my finances!! I forgot, that SCCU will D/L to Quicken, so if Simplifi is a Quicken product, why not there as well??

I'm a 50+ year Aviation and Computer technician, and I help people on line with answers to (?'s) in my area of expertise. If someone asks me a (?), I will either answer them on the spot, give then a reference, or direct them to a resource that will answer their (?), not some forum where I have to search for the answer to my question!! I should be able to get by simply typing my ( )? in a box, like I do in Amazon, when I Google something, etc. i.e. "How do I edit _______?" "How do I do ____?"

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@CookieMonster59, it looks like Space Coast Credit Union is available to connect to in Quicken Simplifi; it's listed as "Space Coast CU WebConnect":

Have you tried connecting your accounts using this option?

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4295304-adding-accounts-in-quicken-simplifi

Otherwise, if you're looking to manage the accounts manually, you can rename them under Settings > Accounts so you know which account is which: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3453445-how-to-edit-your-bank-account-names-and-types

The way you'd differentiate balances and transactions is by manually inputting the data into each individual account (manual account balances are determined by the transactions that have been entered): https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3348103-managing-transactions-in-quicken-simplifi

Lastly, I wanted to share our Help Center, as this is where you'd be able to type in a question or subject and find related help articles: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

1. When trying to EDIT Account Names, it took multiple 'clicks' on those 3 'Dots' before it allowed me to do that. After accessing EDIT, it took multiple 'clicks' to DELETE an account (Both frustrating & time consuming).
    2. When I connected to NFCU, it automatically imported all 3 of my accounts (Checking, Savings, and Platinum Visa), so when I connect to SPACE COAST CU WEBCONNECT, will it do the same thing (Checking, Savings, and Auto Loan?)
    3. If so, then can I DELETE the other 2 SCCU accounts that I MANUALLY entered?
    4. If I change the name 'SPACE COAST CU WEBCONNECT' to 'SCCU WEBCONNECT', will SimpliFi still connect to it and my 3 accounts?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I am 'another user' (not Quicken Simplifi support) chiming in with my best attempt at answers

#1 - I haven't experienced that, Someone else will probably address it

#2 - It should, if the financial institutions are supported. For example, I have savings from Chase and savings from PenFed.

#3 - You should possibly be able to link the online SCCU account to your manual SCCU account, if not yes, you can delete accounts.

#4 - You can rename the account however you like, but i don't think you can rename the financial institution.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@CookieMonster59, it sounds like you may be experiencing the latency outlined here:

Did you import years' worth of transactions, by chance? If not, you may consider clearing the cache and cookies of your browser to see if that speeds things up for you.

If you connect to a bank that you've already created manual accounts for, you can link the accounts found to your existing manual accounts: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4959544-how-to-link-accounts

And here are the steps for renaming the financial institution (you can do this @RobWilk 🙂): https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3453445-how-to-edit-your-bank-account-names-and-types#h_38be7f30df

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just learned something new, thanks @Coach Natalie … I didn't think i had a need for that, but I'm definitely going to look through the list.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.