Update next reminder amount for credit cards automatically using the account balance (edited)

Options

Comments

• NoDough
    NoDough Member
    edited February 8
    Options

+1 .. We need to project cash flow accurately. It doesn’t seem helpful to manually estimate next month’s credit card payment in a bill reminder.

• EamonPapa
    Options

+1…. Also a former Mint User. Travel a lot with a couple of travel CCs that occasionally have very large balances. The Upcoming Bills section on Mint was an extremely valuable reminder of what was coming up. Don't get me wrong - I always had a good idea of what was coming, but concrete evidence was always welcome.

• darkrabbit13
    Options

Payment reminders would be clutch!

• quicksmash
    quicksmash Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Adding some additional perspective; I think I read everything and hope this is additive and not more noise.

There are a few features that come together on this topic and the larger goal of being able to manage account balances and project credit payments effectively. An additional key value add is to help inform purchasing decisions based on projections from the spending plan, cash flow, and bills & payments.

1. Quicken automatically provides notices of when "Low Account Balance" Cash flow may go negative based on bills. This is I think the real key value of having credit card payments included in the cash flow projection some way. Currently the date of the projection is not fully valid because it does not take into account the impact of paying credit cards unless manually added as previously discussed. Automatically pulling in payment details & due date for credit cards would make these notifications highly valuable for making the next decision and managing account balances accordingly.
      1. Perhaps it could be a choice per account of "Pay in Full" or "Pay minimum amount"?

2. The Spending Plan creates a projection of the cash flow within a month and can be updated with recurring transactions. If the current suggestion is to manually add a bill for credit card payment, does that not create a double counting if there are recurring bills or subscriptions already for items hitting credit account?

I wanted to include the Cash Flow Chart as a sample, but for me there is a disconnect between the Cash & Credit details because at some point credit balances affect cash balance. An automated way to reflect this would be highly valuable.

Still learning the nuances of using Simplifi, but hope this helps add some more depth to the discussion. Thanks for listening!

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In terms of your second question, if the recurring bill is set up as a transfer from your Checking Account to the Credit Card account (and vice versa since it's two transactions, one listed under each account), it won't be counted in your spending plan since it's categorized as a Transfer.

I've been using the method of a recurring bill for $1 and manually updating the amounts each month for quite some time and it works very nicely with my cash flow projections, but I'm all for Simplifi automating it so I don't have to do the manual updates each month for each CC.

• frugalsc
    frugalsc Member
    Options

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue, considering that Simplifi is a paid service, mint is 100% free and it offers super valuable data points on statement balance and due dates automatically each month! Personally, I will be cancelling this service until this basic functionality is implemented (and sorting! ;). Like many others here, I have many credits cards that I manage for the family and need to make sure that the full statement balance is paid in full each month and since I want maximize my interest earning opportunities, I will also be switching all my credit card payments to come out of my high yield savings account.

• pwhelan81
    pwhelan81 Member
    Options

+1 for this feature

New Simplifi user (Jan 2023) coming from mint (sniff!) however i am loving simplifi for the much better interface for transaction review flagging/tagging/noting which is my primary purpose for this tool.

Now my wife did religiously use the bill section in mint to see the amount and due date for all our cards.

Somehow mint is able to get and display this info with only the single login to the credit card company provided when the account was added to get transactions.

Not sure why simplifi cannot do the same thing without having to deal without connecting the biller. Note while I'd like to able to "pay" the bill automatically, I'd be satisfied with actually just having the due date and amount for each month for each of my credit card accounts

-Quicken Desktop 2005-2014
    -Mint 2014-2023
    -Simplifi in Jan 2024 (fleeing from Credit Kharma)
    -Excel forever!!!

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@quicksmash For #2, when you set up your recurring bill for the CC payment you mark it as hidden from Spending Plan and Reports. This is what will prevent it from being double-counted while still giving you the calendar reminder that its due date is coming.

• TheNetEngineer
    Options

This is a complete failure by app developers to see what value and things Mint could do to entice users to switch.

After wasting a ton of time setting up accounts. I am finding Simplifi can not automatically track basic credit card balances and due dates. Then post a reminder in app that a bill is due. Many of us have multiple credit cards and lean on this to pay balances off monthly.

If you want Mint users to stick around this needs to be added ASAP. Might just cancel once my free year is up sad.

• pkBubba
    pkBubba Member
    Options

I voted for the original request, but what I really want is total statement balance/date due on all my connected Credit Cards to be showed in bills and payments automatically similar to the attached screen shot (From Mint). I auto pay all my cards from my checking account but need to monitor cash flow.

• MisterRyeNaan
    Options

Bill connector seems pretty useless. Have tried 3-4 different banks plus 3-4 different utility companies. ZERO worked.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

I had the same experience with Bill Connect, only my car insurance connects to it. I need this request to see statement due dates and balances to pay off credit cards. Most people posting here will prefer option 2 for the credit card statements and due dates monthly updates.

Option 1: Steps to update reminder/monthly cc bill in Simplifi (current process):

Check email for credit card statement notifications

Login to the credit card site and get statement balance (some banks do not include the statement balance on the emails for security, which is good)

Update reminder for the month for credit card

Ensure checking account has enough to pay balances, move funds from savings if needed.

Repeat steps above 6 times as that is how many cards I have

Option 2: Automation with statement due dates and reminder:

Open Simplifi and see my updated reminders.

Ensure checking account has enough to pay balances, move funds from savings if needed.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• BecklesKC
    Options

Echoing many comments, while I understand many folks track every transaction, the only thing I used Mint for regularly was to see what my upcoming credit card payments are, which vary by month. I have all my credit cards set up to pay the total remaining balance/statement balance on the due date, so I just need to be able to look there and make sure there's enough money in my checking account (all our paychecks are deposited in a savings account then the checking account is periodically filled to pay bills).

I tried Credit Karma for this, useless, it tells me I have an upcoming credit card payment due, then estimates that payment based on what it was last month. No, login in to the account and get the correct balance!

Just paid $24 for a year of SimpliFi and am shocked to find out this paid service lacks that feature. What the heck?!?

I think Yodlee used to do this, maybe I need to try that next, all I need to do is see how much I have coming up, may just need to start doing it manually, which I really don't want to do.

• GeorgeG
    GeorgeG Member
    Options

Exact same issue as BecklesKC. Does anyone know if Simplify is actually working on this functionality and if they are how close are they to implementing it?

No need to reinvent the wheel, just mimic (the almost defunct) Mint!

• azbwilcox
    azbwilcox Member
    Options

I have been using Mint for years (until the kicked me out & don't provide any decent bill tracking functionality in Credit Karma). I was excited when I started adding my bills to Simplifi, until I found that it lacks what I consider an MVP feature for bill tracking. I mean, what person isn't going to want to be able to keep track of their due dates & amounts for credit cards. Please add this feature. Chase is my main credit card issuer & this is a major requirements miss.

• singreale
    singreale Member
    Options

+1 on this feature.

Just purchased Simplifi as Mint is actually about to get turned off. However, I trialed Monarch in December and chose not to purchase it, because it lacked this feature. I was excited that Simplifi seemed to have it, but in reality it doesn't. I need all of the credit card due dates and amounts automatically tracked (autopay enabled on all of them), so I can look at the checking account's expected balance along with other bills and decide whether we need to move money in or can move money out. Having to do this manually defeats the benefit of an aggregator like Simplifi.

• trewbux
    trewbux Member
    Options

+1 for this feature request! It seems like Simplifi could either add the ability to grab the latest credit card statement data from my accounts (since it's grabbing transactions anyways) or if I provided a statement date and due date it could use the CC balance on the statement date (which it knows) to estimate the balance for the statement.

• paulc
    paulc Member
    Options

Please please please add Citibank and Chase as billers to work similarly to the former Mint functionality widely discussed in this blog

🙏🙏🙏

• pwhelan81
    pwhelan81 Member
    Options

I gave up waiting for this feature, bit the bullet and setup autopay of full balance individually on every one of my credit cards (could have chosen minimum payment as well).

At the same time I added a $1 monthly recurring bill reminder in Simplifi for each credit card account on the due date for that card.

Now above my transactions I see all upcoming credit card payments due (without the statement balance of course…just showing $1)

When I see the transaction come through for that card in transaction I simply delete the bill reminder

.Example shown below of autopayment showing up and linking automatically with the bill

-Mint 2014-2023
    -Excel forever!!!

• K F
    K F Member
    Options

Love this idea - this was a feature in Mint. I loved having one screen to see all the statement balance and due date for each of my credit cards. I miss it!

• hornette
    Options

Quite the thread here so I'm not sure what the feature request is anymore. I'm looking to upvote a feature request where I can see all of my credit card due dates and amounts to ensure I have the cash to cover them as they come up. I put all of my expenses possible on various credit cards to maximize rewards (e.g. miles, cashback, added discounts, etc.) so I have quite a few and they all have different due dates with different amounts. (E.g. capital one on the 12th, amazon prime visa on the 21st, target on the 3rd, united explore on the 19th, etc.)

It'd be great if Simplifi went beyond just pulling in transactions, but also pulled in statement due dates and statement balances. Bonus points for aggregating payment reminders.

Is this the right feature to upvote?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

yes, this is the right feature request for your need

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• pwhelan81
    pwhelan81 Member
    Options

Hornette: You describe exactly what I do with all my cards and exactly what I had in Mint and want in Simplifi. There are some who want this done via billpay setup in Simplifi and it seems this is a pipedream - not sure if they also expect to be able to pay the bill somehow

-Mint 2014-2023
    -Excel forever!!!

• brian.mullin
    Options

+1 for this request. I came to Mint for the budgeting and stayed for the aggregated CC bill information. Like others who have posted here, this made it trivial to manage how much floating money I needed in my checking account to manage upcoming credit card bills (used for almost every expenditure in order to collect CC points/benefits) and move everything else to interest-earning accounts. Would absolutely love to see this in Simplifi and would probably make me a lifelong customer, as I was with Mint until that app's demise.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do similar but instead of deleting the reminders, when I look at my cash flow I scroll through the next month or so and for all the $1 reminders, I log in to my bank and change them to the actual amount that the payment will be. That way I can review my checking account's projected cash flow to make sure that the funds are there when they will need to be, and to see what funds I can safely transfer to savings.

• CatBot
    CatBot Member ✭✭
    Options

+1

This is the last lingering pain point for me around functionality that was available in Mint and is not available in Simplifi. The Amount Due (not just the current balance) is key for helping me make sure I have enough cash in my checking account to cover the monthly credit card bills.

As someone with five or six different credit cards that I use regularly, it would help me track my current cash obligations in Simplifi to see the Current Amount Due and Due Date as well as the current ability to see the Balance with pending for all major credit card companies (including Chase, Wells Fargo, Citi, and others that do not work with the Bill Connect functionality in Simplifi).

Anywhere that is technically feasible to implement would be a huge help, this does not need to have the full blown Bills & Payments Connect functionality. I'd be delighted if Amount Due and Due Date (which is usually all the same day for me, but does seem like key info) displayed when viewing Accounts from the Transactions top-level navigation or display in an overview in the Bills & Payments section.

• SimplifiUserK
    Options

I’m still looking for a replacement for Mint, and I can tell you the lack of this feature means my search is not over. If I find a competing app that has this feature I will be switching. It is a must have for tracking your cash flow, credit card payments are the biggest cash draw from my bank account. I’m very surprised that Simplifi does not have this.

• MTcoug
    MTcoug Member ✭✭
    Options

This feature request has a ton of traction … lots of upvotes and comments from folks in the community that need Simplifi features to do a combination of

1. List credit card balances and due dates.
    2. Automatically create reminders with the balance and due date, so that CC payments are accurately represented in your cash flow.
    3. Do both of the above for as many credit card vendors as possible (support for several major credit cards is currently missing)

However, I don't think the original description / summary in the original post from y11 accurately reflects the feature request that everybody is asking for here.

@Coach Natalie - is it possible to edit the original post description to add clarity, or "pin" a top comment on this thread that accurately represents the ask(s) from the community?

• quicken-user-1234
    Options

this is badly needed, and i dont understand how this was missed

you already are connected to the accounts, you should have the data ready to go