Update next reminder amount for credit cards automatically using the account balance (edited)

Options
124»

Comments

• mnm86
    mnm86 Member
    Options

Another vote for this feature! This was my primary use of mint and very disappointed its not here. will see how the next 30 days go but may cancel if it's not there soon.

• Facu
    Facu Member
    edited April 12
    Options

+1 also looking for a Mint alternative and I’m having a ton of issues trying to get simplifi to show a simple view of all my due dates and statement balances.

I have added the credit cards as accounts and recurring payments and have also connected the billers. It does this really odd thing where the bills show as transfers and give me both a credit and debit for the same amount. Maybe I need to delete the credit card from accounts? It seems like a lot of work to get this properly setup, even after importing all the mint data.

still considering other options because of this

• ABen
    ABen Member
    Options

+1

Doesn't make sense to have projected cash flows if it can't pull in CC Payments. Projected cash flow should be able to quantify the next payment as well as the rolling average of payments.

• emisch
    emisch Member
    Options

FWIW this feature worked well in Mint. It would automatically pull the credit card statement balance and due date; and show it on the upcoming payments. I think it may see that I have an automatic payment set up, but not sure about that. I use a Chase Credit Card and an Amex; both worked fine.

• Teknickle
    Options

+1 for this feature.

Also coming from Mint where I took this feature for granted. I have at least a dozen cards that I would like to have shown on my projected cash flow, the reminders don't work as expected. I somehow have duplicate reminders and series that have some transactions and another series with the other transactions. I only made one series…. It's saying I have payments past due, but I have them all set up with Autopay so I know that is not true. It doesn not track transactions and map them correctly.
    If I have to do this manually, I may as well go back to using Excel for my forecasting. It was cumbersome to update all the time but it works…
    I miss Mint!!!

• MM123
    MM123 Member ✭✭
    Options

+1 for this feature, I just saw this discussion here after posting the same issue in another post.
    I feel the list of credit card due amounts sorted by the due date, is a crucial piece of the monthly overview of my finances.
    In my opinion, in the absence of this crucial information, the current bill projection is misleading.

Reference: Missing view for Credit Card Bills and Payments

The primary flaw lies in the lack of a consolidated view of all bills and payments due in a given month. This feature is not only a common requirement but also a reasonable expectation, as seen in other financial management platforms like Mint, NerdWallet, and Personal Capital (empower).
    While Simplifi does offer a section for upcoming payments, it falls short of accurately projecting credit card statement amounts.

Instead of retrieving the statement amount due directly from my connected credit card accounts, Simplifi seems to rely on recurring payment transactions from my checking account. While this approach may work for certain recurring expenses like insurance premiums or Netflix subscriptions, it fails to account for the dynamic nature of credit card bills.

As someone who manages multiple credit cards with varying spending patterns, I find it misleading when Simplifi suggests upcoming credit card bills based on previous transactions. For instance, projecting a $550 bill for my Chase card simply because I paid that amount last month does not align with the reality of my spending habits.

I want to emphasize that my intention in providing this feedback is not to express personal disappointment but rather to contribute to the improvement of your product. I believe that resolving this issue will enhance the overall user experience for myself and other Simplifi users.

Here is a SAMPLE view from another app Empower from Personal Capital which I am missing in in Simplifi.

• Carlo
    Carlo Member
    Options

I'm coming from Mint, as many others…

I do not understand why on earth the "Bills & Payments" page in Quicken does not list the upcoming CC payments and reflects them in the "Projected Cash Flow".

Everyone of us has more than 1 CC. Mint was very useful in providing the list of the future payments that are scheduled, based on the CC balance. So, the proper cash flow from the bank account could be managed, transfers made between accounts, etc… It was easy if i had enough money on one account to pay for the CC bill and plan accordingly…

At this moment Quicken Bills and Payments reminds me of "expenses" in the terms of categorized transaction regardless of the form of payment. But paying an expense with CC does not affect my immediate Cash flow, until i settle the CC statement.

The consequential "Projected cash flow" idea is very interesting, but for me at the moment is completely useless, because it lacks a lot of information on actual cash-outs to other institutions (my bank paying my CC).

• Carlo
    Carlo Member
    Options

This is absolutely the right thing to do and I really do not understand why we have to beg for this feature.

It's completely nonsense to have cash flow withouth CC payments…

I'm with you 100%

• quickdev
    Options

+1 for this feature.

• Mke3316
    Mke3316 Member
    Options

I can't believe I just spent hours re-adding all my accounts to simplifi only to find out it doesn't support one of the MOST CRITICAL features of this whole thing. The point of an aggregator is so I don't have to login as frequently to my individual accounts. How can I do that if simplifi doesn't display upcoming credit card balance/due dates.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

While my workaround above is OK, this is one of the features I miss from Mint. We will appreciate updates and prioritization.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• MM123
    MM123 Member ✭✭
    Options

how can we know if Quicken is working on it. It is a deal breaker for many of us and need some acknowledgement from quicken before we renew the subscription

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It seems like they lock voting when they are actively developing things. Definitely do that when they are close to releasing, since we arent behind the curtain I dont know if anyone here can say if thats the exact point when development has begun or if they start working on it while voting is still open.

• Richtown
    Options

+1 for this feature

• Will222
    Will222 Member
    Options

+1

The ONLY reason I use a money tracker is to track my credit card balances and upcoming due dates. I only transfer the amount due to my checking account which I use to pay all of my credit cards(11 of them). I might cancel if another app does this for the same price.