Missing view for Credit Card Bills and Payments

Options
MM123
MM123 Member
edited April 22 in Feedback

The primary flaw lies in the lack of a consolidated view of all bills and payments due in a given month. This feature is not only a common requirement but also a reasonable expectation, as seen in other financial management platforms [removed].
While Simplifi does offer a section for upcoming payments, it falls short of accurately projecting credit card statement amounts.

Instead of retrieving the statement amount due directly from my connected credit card accounts, Simplifi seems to rely on recurring payment transactions from my checking account. While this approach may work for certain recurring expenses like insurance premiums or Netflix subscriptions, it fails to account for the dynamic nature of credit card bills.

As someone who manages multiple credit cards with varying spending patterns, I find it misleading when Simplifi suggests upcoming credit card bills based on previous transactions. For instance, projecting a $550 bill for my Chase card simply because I paid that amount last month does not align with the reality of my spending habits.

I want to emphasize that my intention in providing this feedback is not to express personal disappointment but rather to contribute to the improvement of your product. I believe that resolving this issue will enhance the overall user experience for myself and other Simplifi users.

Here is a SAMPLE view from another app Empower from Personal Capital which I am missing in in Simplifi.

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @MM123,

Thank you for coming to the Community to provide feedback! To clarify, are you looking for a separate screen to show upcoming bills from connected billers instead of showing all recurring reminders? Would this be for credit cards only, or would other types of connected billers also show up?

There are a couple existing feature requests that seem to be asking for things somewhat similar to what you're asking for. I'd recommend taking a look, and adding your vote if you'd like to see these implemented in the future:

If neither of these covers what you're wanting to see, then I suggest that you create a new Idea post with the details of exactly what you're wanting to see added. Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in the future!

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• MM123
    MM123 Member
    Options

Hello Kristina,
    No, I don't need/want a separate screen for tracking credit card bills.
    I am just raising the concern that the current bills shown under Bills & payments are misleading and the Simplifi team needs to fix this.

Instead of retrieving the statement amount due directly from my connected credit card accounts, Simplifi seems to rely on recurring payment transactions from my checking account. While this approach may work for certain recurring expenses like insurance premiums or Netflix subscriptions, it fails to account for the dynamic nature of credit card bills.

Simplifi suggests upcoming credit card bills based on previous transactions.
    For instance, projecting a $550 bill for my Chase card simply because I paid $550 last month, is misleading.

it is your call if you want to consider it a new idea or a bug fix.

• MM123
    MM123 Member
    Options

@Coach Kristina how can we know if Quicken is working on it. It is a deal breaker for many of us and need some acknowledgement from quicken from we renew the subscription

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited April 25
    Options

@MM123, thanks for the inquiry!

It looks like you submitted a Feature Request here:

To clarify, Feature Requests allow other users to vote, and once there are enough votes, our product team may consider the suggestion for implementation. In this case, your suggestion is not yet being worked on or anything along those lines, but we will be sure to update the Feature Request post if/when that happens. More details on Feature Requests can be found here.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie