Include Credit Card Bills in Recurring Bills Section

Options
esender
esender Member ✭✭
edited January 17 in Bills and Income

I used to use Mint.com to track my finances and one feature Mint had was it would download my monthly statements from each credit and tell me what my statement or minimum amount due was.

I know Simplifi has a bill system, but that seems to be for constant bills, such as my mortgage or car payment. The Bill Connect feature seems more geared towards that.

It would be great if Simplifi could take my established connection to a credit card and also download my monthly dues for each credit card and add it to my bills section.

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Credit card payments can be found in the Transfers section, because you are technically transferring your money from one of your accounts to another of your accounts, rather than paying out extra money for a product or service.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Sounds like two different features:

1. Get the statement balance and the minimum payment due info in the credit card account
    2. Use the minimum payment or statement due as a transfer in the upcoming section

Item 2 should be customizable by the user and added by user choice. I already have the credit card transfer payment set up and do not want a duplicate entry set up by the system. Sometimes I want to pay/transfer a different amount than the minimum payment or statement due to the credit card.

Idea 1 is already posted here

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• esender
    esender Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I acknowledge the credit card bill can be viewed as a transfer. I do not see a "Transfers Section" though. I'm looking around but not seeing it.

I am fine with it being called a transfer. My main goal of this feature is so I can be sure my checking account has enough in it in time for the auto bill pay.

EDIT: I see the transfers section. It is part of the Bill Connect section of Simplifi. I still can't link it to my Chase credit cards, etc. So this isn't the right way to make this work, at least not now.

• y11
    y11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Very unlike simplifi would do this. However thanks for bringing it up again. I've been pushing for this as well so hopefully we get heard eventually. In a mean awhile, I'm using Excel to track the due dates and due balance to be aware of estimated net worth so I can track and plan accordingly.

For some reason this is something many minters are looking for that simplifiers do not see value of. Perhaps the target audience is different where Simplifi users have one or two credit cards and minters carry lot more?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@esender, I went ahead and moved this out of Feature Requests, as the ability to link Recurring Credit Card Payments via Bill Connect is already available in Quicken Simplifi: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4962798-using-bill-connect-to-track-your-bills#h_84c5a66684

The issue you're experiencing is that Chase is not supported in Quicken Simplifi for Bill Connect. For this, please see my response here:

If you want to request a specific Biller be supported in Quicken Simplifi for Bill Connect, the official method of requesting it is to create a Missing Financial Institution Request post with "Bill Connect" included in the title, such as the Billers that have been requested here and here. I don't know if Chase can be supported, as I believe it was their decision to discontinue this connectivity, but this would be the way to request it.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.