Persistent 324 error with Fidelity HSA accounts (edited)

Options

Comments

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    Options

Unfortunately

the error is back. See screenshot attached.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@thalaivar, thanks for posting!

As you can see from the above discussion that I have merged your thread into, the persistent 324 errors with Fidelity HSA accounts have already been reported. We don't need any further examples of the issue at this time, but I'll let you know if that changes and we need to gather further data from you. Otherwise, I will post back here as soon as an update is received on the escalation.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Coach Natalie

• BeckyBuck
    BeckyBuck Member
    Options

I'm still getting the error every day. Yesterday, reconnecting the accounts worked and updated my HSA, but today relinking did not work and I still see the 324 error. I have made accounts manual and reconnected several times without resolution.

• Cbarth270
    Cbarth270 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie it's now going on 2 months since this issue first occurred. Do we have any idea if the developers have identified the issue and when/if we will see a resolution? Trying to be patient but the situation is becoming frustrating.

• AndyYi
    Options

I am having the same issue with fidelity HSA. Looking for solutions.

• Coach Natalie
    edited March 12
    Options

Hey everyone, the ticket for this issue is still open and being worked on. I'd also suggest contacting Fidelity directly since we are using their API to connect. Their contact info is listed here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6997452-new-and-improved-way-to-connect-to-your-financial-institution-oauth-api#h_e0eec49ace

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• JD-SanDiego
    Options

Experiencing the same as other Simplify users have indicated. Note: Mint & Credit Karma do not produce same issues so doubt this is a Fidelity API issue and question why the recommendation to contact Fidelity when only Simplify is exhibiting issues. Simplify needs to focus appropriate resources to rectify.

• TRS_One
    TRS_One Member
    edited March 12
    Options

Still having issues with sync on my Fidelity HSA (Error Care: 324). I can click the exclamation in simplifi, log in to Fidelity, see the terms, agree to all, select all my accounts, and then even see my correct balance- but Simplifi will not update. The Fidelity Roth and Traditional IRAs are working correctly.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@TRS_One, the Fidelity article was merged into our OAuth API article — sorry for the confusion!

I edited my link above so it takes everyone to the correct place, but here is that correct link again: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6997452-new-and-improved-way-to-connect-to-your-financial-institution-oauth-api#h_e0eec49ace

-Coach Natalie

• BeckyBuck
    BeckyBuck Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie that article link you provided doesn’t address the fidelity HSA accounts disconnecting daily. I am already using the new API connection for Fidelity accounts. Only my HSA account is disconnecting daily and I have to go through reconnection steps just to reconnect that one account, and reconnecting doesn’t always work.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@BeckyBuck, please reference my comment from a couple of weeks ago:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• preethamam
    preethamam Member
    edited March 13
    Options

Fidelity Inv & Retirement (https://nb.fidelity.com/public/nb/default/home) accounts are not updating regularly. March 8th, 11:59 pm, was the last time it got updated. I see a change in my HSA investment accounts on March 11th and 12th. However, they are not reflected on the "Investments" panel of app.simplifimoney.com.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited March 14
    Options

Hello @preethamam,

Thanks for reaching out! We do have a couple of known issues with Fidelity HSA accounts currently:

[removed link to merged thread]

To verify which is affecting you, could you let me know if you are getting a specific error? Is the account linked correctly? Please let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• preethamam
    preethamam Member
    Options

@Coach Jon, accounts are linked correctly. I do not see any error messages or red exclamation. But the HSA account won't sync every day. For example, the investments panel shows it was updated on "Mar 11, 2024 • 8:59 PM PDT". Based on the previous two threads you have shared for reference, my problem is more of not syncing. However, there are no connection issues or error messages.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@preethamam, thanks for confirming!

Since it sounds like you're experiencing the constant disconnect for your Fidelity HSA accounts that other users in this thread have expressed, I went ahead and merged your post here. This issue has already been escalated, so please be sure to follow along here for future updates.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Rob5527
    Rob5527 Member
    Options

I find the response to contact fidelity directly to be unsatisfactory. I'm paying for Simplifi not Fidelity and it's Simplifis responsibility to fix issues caused by dependency services. As others have said, multiple other services can sync Fidelity HSA data just fine. If I can't get my accounts connected I'll just move on to a service that does work. This has been an issue for 3 months now.

• Psych58
    Psych58 Member
    Options

Related to this issue, my HSA Fidelity account updates fine and when I click on the account itself and under investments, all the details are correct. But the amount displayed on the landing page under accounts is always the amount when I first connected, and lists a connection error. Any help would be appreciated.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Psych58, thanks for reaching out!

Since you're experiencing the issue with a Fidelity HSA account, I'd say it's the same issue that this thread is for. This issue has already been escalated, so you'll want to follow along here for updates.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• votr
    votr Member
    Options

It's been 4 months since the issue with Fidelity HSA accounts started. Do you have any updates?

• Analyze
    Analyze Member
    Options

I had the same issue for months as well. Please fix asap

• Shaneh2064
    Shaneh2064 Member
    edited March 28
    Options

Any updates on this?

• Karim Benbourenane
    Karim Benbourenane Member ✭✭
    edited April 1
    Options

I am also experiencing the same exact problem, only affecting my HSA account with Fidelity. The other accounts (brokerages, workplace plans, IRAs, etc.) update fine, but I find myself constantly having to re-input my credentials in an attempt to get the HSA to sync. I know it's been escalated and being worked on, but I just wanted to add my two cents that I think this needs to be prioritized further due to the sheer number of Fidelity customers that use Simplifi.

• lencoh82
    lencoh82 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie Once again asking for an update on the issue with Fidelity HSA not connecting with Simplifi. It has been 3 months since it was first reported and at least 2 months since we've seen any info from Quicken Simplifi. Can someone please contact Fidelity and resolve this issue?????????

• captainkeithy
    captainkeithy Member
    Options

I came here to finally get this HSA connection issue resolved. Doesn’t look like there’s been a fix yet!?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, thanks for following along with this topic!

We don't have any further updates to provide on the HSA account issue with Fidelity, but we will be sure to post back as soon as we do. In the meantime, you may consider contacting Fidelity directly to help make them aware of the impact since the issue was presented with their OAuth API connection.

Our support article here has the contact info for Fidelity: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6997452-new-and-improved-way-to-connect-to-your-financial-institution-oauth-api#h_e0eec49ace

We appreciate everyone's continued patience as we work on this!

-Coach Natalie

• divegoga
    divegoga Member
    Options

Quicken is not Intuit, as far as I know. While a single individual may not make a difference, several individuals complaining to Fidelity might help someone realize this is causing pain to their own customers. Not saying it will work, but if nothing else does…

• JD-SanDiego
    JD-SanDiego Member
    Options

@lencoh82 comment above is spot on.

I've sat through a Simplifi tech support session where my Fidelity link access was removed, then Fidelity link re-created, only to have it fail a few hours later. While waiting for Simplifi to do something about this real issue, getting tired of repeating the delete/create link in order to update my HSA account.

If not fixed soon, will have to explore other services that work continuously with Fidelity HSA.

• cdorsi
    cdorsi Member ✭✭
    Options

The problem got even worse this week. Usually after a few reconnect attempts, I can get my Fidelity HSA account to update, but I've tried countless times in the past week and still haven't gotten any updates in Simplifi. The last transaction I show in Simplifi is May 1, but I have multiple transactions in my HSA account since and neither the new transactions nor the current balance are updating in Simplifi.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.