Persistent 324 error with Fidelity HSA accounts (edited)

Options

Comments

• dbz
    dbz Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie - I’m also in the same boat here with the 324 error for my Fidelity HSA. Here’s the answered to your questions if it helps:

1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.

Health Savings Account

1. Confirm whether the account belongs to you or your spouse or a combination of.

Just me

1. Confirm whether you have other Fidelity accounts in Quicken Simplifi that do not present the issue.

My Fidelity 401k, employer stock acct, and brokerage accounts are all connecting fine with no errors. It’s just the HSA with the error

1. Confirm if the account has transactions in the last 90 days.

Yes, last 90 days’ transactions are there

1. Confirm the flow you're experiencing on Quicken Simplifi — does the account get a red exclamation point next to it that shows a 324 error every time it refreshes with the bank, or is something else happening?

It happens when I refresh. I have tried to reconnect the account and it seems to work after going through the entire reconnection process 2-3 times (each time entering Fidelity credentials, re-linking the account to Simplifi). But when I refresh a few hours later Simplifi will give the error again

• lencoh82
    lencoh82 Member
    Options

Coach Natalie, I am also experiencing the same issue with Fidelity and the tracking of my HSA. I have other accounts with Fidelity including 401K and brokerage accounts and they are updating. From a Fidelity perspective, only the HSA seems to not refresh. I have tried all of the steps that are noted in this thread, including many, MANY attempts to reconnect all Fidelity accounts. I would appreciate being included in any updates to fix this issue. I have not encountered this issue with other financial tracking sites/software but that may be due to Fidelity's recent change from screen scraping.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@dbz, you've been added to the ticket. Can you send your logs as well, please:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

@lencoh82, I can also add you to the ticket, but we need your logs, as well as the requested info:

2. Confirm whether the account belongs to you or your spouse or a combination of.
    3. Confirm whether you have other Fidelity accounts in Quicken Simplifi that do not present the issue.
    4. Confirm if the account has transactions in the last 90 days.
    5. Confirm the flow you're experiencing on Quicken Simplifi — does the account get a red exclamation point next to it that shows a 324 error every time it refreshes with the bank, or is something else happening?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• lencoh82
    lencoh82 Member
    Options

Coach Natalie, I sent the logs as well.

• lencoh82
    lencoh82 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie i answered your questions via a post here but I am not seeing my post. I am assuming that it has to be approved by a moderator before the post is viewable. Let me know if you received it.

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

For whatever reason my wife's HSA account has been syncing without issue after it failed several times in the beginning. My account is still not syncing and is getting the 324 error.

• vnarra
    vnarra Member
    Options

I may have found a workaround for this. I was having the same issue with my wife's HSA account from Dec 23rd 2023. We use her login and my login credentials separately to include her accounts and mine into Simplifi. Because of this, I was excluding our joint accounts when connecting with her account (so it doesn't show up twice). Not sure what it would do if I linked to the same Simplifi account as the one linked to the joint account from my account. But… reconnecting with her login and including all accounts in my wife's login (including our joint accounts) seemed to resolve the HSA connection issue. But of course, now I have duplicate Simplifi accounts for the same joint account now. I can live with that for now.

My guess would be, that there is a sequencing issue where the joint account comes first in the list of accounts and the access stops there. Not sure if this is on Fidelity side or Simplifi side.

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@vnarra That makes a lot of sense. I'm in the same situation. Both my wife and I have our own Fidelity logins and I only connect our joint brokerage account from one of our logins. That might explain why my wifes HSA is working now, but mine isn't. I'm not going to link the joint account twice as that will mess up our net worth.

• vnarra
    vnarra Member
    Options

I marked the duplicate account as "Closed", retried the connection (which failed), and then deleted the joint account. After doing that, when i try to reconnect, the order of the accounts seem to have changed to put the joint account at the end of the list. Now I'm able to add just the HSA account and not the joint account.

I don't know if this is working now because of me marking it closed and deleting it or if they fixed something.

Since I did all this in the same day, the net worth didn't get messed up.

• lencoh82
    lencoh82 Member
    Options

Here is the info you requested Coach Natalie:

1. Health Savings Account

2. Confirm whether the account belongs to you or your spouse or a combination of.

1. Self

3. Confirm whether you have other Fidelity accounts in Quicken Simplifi that do not present the issue.

1. Yes - Have 401k, brokerage, and Long Term Incentive accounts that all appear to be syncing correctly.

4. Confirm if the account has transactions in the last 90 days.

1. Yes - There have been transactions posted to the Health Savings account within the last 90 days

5. Confirm the flow you're experiencing on Quicken Simplifi — does the account get a red exclamation point next to it that shows a 324 error every time it refreshes with the bank, or is something else happening?

1. Red exclamation point shows up with a 324 error when a refresh is attempted.

• mgloney
    Options

I am having the issue as well

1. Gary HSA
    2. This is my account.
    3. My wife's HSA is added and does not have the issue (Vicky HSA)
    4. Yes, my account has transactions in the last 90 days
    5. I am getting the 324 error and red exclamation point at refresh and most times immediately upon adding or fixing the account. There was a point on 1/4 where it appeared to work without an error for about 8 hours but the error came back.

I sent logs several days ago, but can resend if it helps.

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My wife's HSA is getting the 324 error again so now both of our HSA accounts are broken

• lencoh82
    lencoh82 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie Hi!!! Any update from Fidelity with regards to fixing the HSA sync issue?

• eml
    eml Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie,

I am having the same issue with my Fidelity HSA account. My other Fidelity accounts (brokerage, IRAs) are fine. Hope this issue will be resolved soon.

Thanks.

— Ed

• Crosby
    Options

I'm experiencing the same issue; posting here to be notified upon resolution. Thank you!

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Both mine and my wife's HSA updated this morning. Did something get fixed?

• Construct5292
    Options

Fidelity HSA still doesn't connect for me. Balances are incorrect/old and there is a red ❗ exclamation next to the account after going through the OAUTH connection flow.

• tango8
    Options

I have the same problems like commentor mentioned in the message above. Fidelity HSA still doesn't connect for me. Balances are incorrect/old and there is a red ❗ exclamation next to the account after going through the OAUTH connection flow.

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've got the error again today so that didn't last long

• gsong
    gsong Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie This is unfortunately still an outstanding issue and has not been fixed. In my case, I've had to reset my connection every time I reconcile.

• Micha9
    Micha9 Member
    Options

please resolve this issue

• Corey W
    Options

The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.

• Health savings account

Confirm whether the account belongs to you or your spouse or a combination of.

• Self

Confirm whether you have other Fidelity accounts in Quicken Simplifi that do not present the issue.

• Two other accounts that don't have issues: a 401k and an individual brokerage account

Confirm if the account has transactions in the last 90 days.

• The most recent transaction that I see in Simplifi is from 1/16/24

Confirm the flow you're experiencing on Quicken Simplifi — does the account get a red exclamation point next to it that shows a 324 error every time it refreshes with the bank, or is something else happening?

Yes, 324 error

• jfisher
    Options

Following as I am also having the HSA issue. All other Fidelity accounts are working as expected.

• BeckyBuck
    BeckyBuck Member
    Options

This is still an issue. I have 4 Fidelity accounts and only my HSA account reports the 324 error. All other accounts remain connected and get refreshed daily.

Often, when I try to reconnect the HSA account, it doesn't reconnect/update. Some days, I get lucky and the reconnection works and updates the account.

Here is the error: This financial institution needs your attention (Care: 324)
    We have lost connectivity to one of your accounts. To restore connectivity, you must reconnect with your FI.

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've actually not seen the error on our HSA account for several days in a row. The last time it worked, it broke again after a few days

• btsmith52
    btsmith52 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still an issue for me

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    edited February 10
    Options

I have 2 accounts at Fidelity (both via my employer) - a 401k account and a HSA account. They are both under the same login credentials. While the 401k account updates normally the HSA account keeps showing disconnected and asks to reconnect every time I launch the app (even if it is just 10 minutes after I have reconnected). I have reconnected it multiple times going to Fidelity (this is the oAuth way) but nothing seems to fix the HSA.

What is the solution to this issue?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

As a Simplifi user, I have seen discussions about Fidelity HSA connection issues recently. Below is a recent discussion, I hope the information in it helps you troubleshoot.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• thalaivar
    thalaivar Member
    edited February 10
    Options

I read in some thread that updating both accounts to manual and then re-adding fidelity accounts and in the found new account screen linking the “new” back to the manual accounts solved it for some folks. I tried it and so far it seems to be working. Will update in a couple of days once markets open to see if there is any other issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.