Why don't Chase transaction dates in Simplifi match the bank's dates (edited)

Options
cowboydude99
cowboydude99 Member ✭✭

Hello,

In Simplifi, my credit card transaction dates are off when compared to the bank's website.

For example, the date in Simplifi will show 1/15/2024, but in the bank's site, it's 1/14/2024.

Why don't credit card transaction dates in Simplifi match the bank's dates?

Comments

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've seen this as well lately, transaction dates are a day or two off from when they really happened (and what my bank, in this case Chase, says when I log in directly).

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do your credit card post pending transactions? If so, may be the bank site has the initial/pending charged date and Simplifi shows the posted date.

My credit card transactions dates match between Capital One (does not send pending transactions to Simplifi) and Simplifi.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• cowboydude99
    cowboydude99 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello - and thank you.

This card is a Chase card. Pending transactions do show in Simplifi.

I'll check if there is a setting that can be disabled.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

This sounds like an issue previously reported with Wells Fargo. The WF issue was fixed.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My Chase card also posts pending transactions.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do not believe you can disable pending transactions. You can change the dates after the transactions clear to match the bank's dates or leave the dates Simplifi uses.

Minter 2014-2023

• cowboydude99
    cowboydude99 Member ✭✭
    Options

Right, UrsulaA. I was unable to find any options for that.

Hopefully an option to include include/exclude transactions can be added in the future. Manually adjusting dates seems tedious and annoying…

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is a feature request to disable downloading pending transactions at the user's discretion. Vote for it below.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@cowboydude99 & @EL1234, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

The date for cleared transactions in Quicken Simplifi should match the posted date on the bank's website/statement. Since you're both seeing this with Chase, it definitely may be something along the same lines as the Wells Fargo issue that was shared by AJ above (see here). To clarify, is the issue happening with pending transactions specifically, or are you both seeing it with cleared transactions? If the latter, we'd most likely need to gather some evidence and escalate, just like we did for Wells Fargo.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie

Thanks for following up! I've been seeing this with cleared transactions. Let me know what kind of info you want me to share and how to send it :)

• Slix
    Slix Member
    Options

hello @Coach Natalie I’m currently experiencing this very same issue with American Express and Citicard. It seems to be “general issue” more than an issue specific to one or 2 credit cards. These are happening to cleared transactions.

• cowboydude99
    cowboydude99 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - This is happening with cleared transactions.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@EL1234 & @cowboydude99, thanks for confirming!

Before escalating this issue, please go ahead and completely disconnect and then reconnect your Chase accounts in Quicken Simplifi to see if doing so clears things up for either of you with newly downloaded transactions:

1. Make all of your Chase accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

If the issue persists with newly downloaded transactions, please provide the following data for an escalation:

1. The name of the account the transactions reside in, as it appears in Simplifi. 
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of 3-4 example transactions that the issue is occurring with, as displayed in Quicken Simplifi. 
    3. The Date that the transactions should be, according to Chase's website.
    4. A screenshot of the example transactions listed in Quicken Simplifi.
    5. A screenshot of the example transactions listed on Chase's website.

@Slix, since you're experiencing an issue with different banks than what this thread is for, you'll want to go ahead and create new posts to report what you're seeing. Please create a separate post for each bank and outline each individual issue accordingly. The more details you provide, the better.

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your response @Coach Natalie . I just switched my Chase accounts to manual and then re-linked them. I'll keep an eye out for the next few days.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

So far I have one pending transaction with the correct date (today's). Let's see what happens when it clears!

• cowboydude99
    cowboydude99 Member ✭✭
    edited January 31
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Completed.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I have a transaction which showed up as 1/30 when pending and when it cleared, the date changed to 2/1. Should I provide the data you requested via a support chat? I don't want to post it on a public forum.

Thank you!

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply @EL1234,

If you're not comfortable posting the information in this discussion, you can send the information via direct message. You can also reach out to Quicken Simplifi support if you prefer. If you do that, please keep in mind they may need to do some troubleshooting with you prior to collecting the requested information.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• Slix
    Slix Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie to clarify, I have to Chase accounts that have the same issue with them. What I was trying to say was, this seems to be a general problem with dates being shifted in Simplifi, as many of my card and bank accounts are having their dates pushed forward a day. I was wondering if someone can look into it from that angle?

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for clarifying @Coach Kristina ! I just sent a direct message to @Coach Natalie with the information.

• mllcpa
    mllcpa Member
    edited February 5
    Options

When I charge something on a Chase credit card, it appears in Pending transactions with the actual date of that transaction. When it moves from Pending to Posted, the date changes to the date it moves instead of the actual date of the transaction. This used to happen on my Wells Fargo account until I mentioned it in some feedback and you fixed it. I'd so appreciate not having to go through every charge transaction that posts on Chase to fix the date to the date of transaction and have it match what is on my account at the Chase website/statement.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@EL1234, thanks for the DM! Unfortunately, we can't escalate something with only one example. Please wait for new transactions to download that present the issue and then provide fresh data as follows:

1. The name of the account the transactions reside in, as it appears in Simplifi. 
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of 3-4 example transactions that the issue is occurring with, as displayed in Quicken Simplifi. 

@Slix, @mllcpa, and anyone else experiencing a date mismatch with their Chase transaction in Quicken Simplifi, we will also need the above data from you. If anyone is experiencing this issue with a different bank, please be sure to create a separate post to outline the separate issue, or contact our Support Team directly for more advanced assistance.

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie ,

I now have 5 transactions in Simplifi for this credit card account which are all dated 2 days later than the dates in Chase's website. These all occurred after I disconnected and reconnected. I will send you the info via PM.

Thanks!

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sent!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@EL1234, thanks!

I went ahead and got a ticket filed for this using your examples, and I will let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8996

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you!

• Jenny12345
    Jenny12345 Member
    edited February 28
    Options

I have a charge with a transaction date of Feb 15 and a posted date of Feb 22.

On my credit card statement, this charge is shown on the 15th.

In Simplifi, this charge shows on the 22nd and tells me it will show on my credit card statement on the 22nd. It does not.

This is super confusing for trying to trace back what a transaction was from.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Jenny12345, thanks for posting to the Community!

As you can see from the above discussion that I merged your post with, this issue has already been escalated. With that, it would be nice to add some additional examples to the ticket. If you'd like to participate, please provide the following data:

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Otherwise, you can follow along here for updates on the escalation in hopes that the resolution is global.

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.