Savings Goal Match Account Balance

Options
SuperSolidSam
SuperSolidSam Member
edited April 30 in Using Savings Goals

I'd like the ability to always have my savings goal match whatever the balance is in the account it's tied to. I don't believe this is currently an option, but I think it would be pretty easy to do and provide a lot of benefit.

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31
    Options

This is already available. For example, I have a hys savings account at Cpaital One. I transfer a set amount of funds into that account every month. All of the funds in that account are accounted for by a single savings goal in Quicken Simplifi. When the transfer is completed each month Immake a contribution to the savings goal in Q-Simplifi and the balance of the SG always matches the balance of that account.

On the other hand, I have another hys at Synchrony and again, I make a monthly transfer into this account for a set amount. But the funds in this account are accounted for with 2 different SGs in Q-Simplifi. I follow the same work flow and once the transfer is completed at the banks I make the designated contributions to my SGs dividing the funds accordingly. In this second case the balance of the account is always equal to the sum of the balance of these two SGs, but I wouldn’t want to map this savings account to any particular SG.

Here are some current active Feature requests for SG enhancements you might want to add your support:

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31
    Options

Savings goals are savings for specific goals. Having it just be another place to show balance is useless.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.