Recalculate how Planned Spending Totals work with Rollover (edited)

bost.05
bost.05 Member ✭✭
edited June 11 in Feature Requests

Last month I converted all of my Planned Spending budget categories to be rollovers and I like how things are presented. I understand that the total Planned Spending reflects the current month "planned" amount, not the actual spending, for any expenses marked as rollover. However, this makes the spending plan totals very inaccurate and deceiving. What is deceiving is that my prior month shows still shows that I had positive money left at the end of the month, even though I went over the planned spending categories significantly.

When looking at prior months, it would make sense to show the actual spending instead of just a warning triangle indicating you went over. My proposal is that for the total of Planned Spending expenses, past months show actual spending for that month, while current months show the greater of actual spent or current month planned. I would want this to be the case regardless of rollover type or not. That should give the best view of my actual cash left at end of each month.

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments