Projected Cash Flow: Show a 'Per Day' amount until next paycheck (edited)

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 18 in Feature Requests

i think I asked this in the past, the subject line has the request, but cannot find it. Break it down per day like classic.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @RobWilk,

We went ahead and turned your idea post into a discussion so that we can get some detail on what exactly it is you are asking for. Can you go into detail on your idea in question, please?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17

It’s been too long since I looked at Quicken classic. Does anyone have a screenshot of what this looks like? Seeing a side beside of how the two different programs handle it would be really helpful for this discussion.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

The cash flow forecast balance for the checking account as of the day before next income, divided by days left until then, displayed as amount left in checking per day. I am on phone keyboard, keeping reply short.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

To clarify:

In quicken classic, on the dashboard, there used to be something that said:

"Balance remaining in your checking accounts as of next income" and it had the equivalent of the cash flow forecasted amount for the day prior to the next income.

And then it had "$x.xx per day" underneath that, based on days until income.

This helped me plan for example, how much i wanted to pay credit cards that day (let's say it's $20/day, and i didn't spend $20 that day, I may opt to send $20 to pay down a credit card).

Really, this is a non-issue, but I was going to carry a balance on a credit card, but ultimately decided against it because without this feature it would be too complicated, so i took the money out of what i was going to put in savings next paycheck.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon

Hello @RobWilk,

We went through your profile and found a previous idea post of yours. Is this what you were looking for?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

No. It is not the same.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon
    edited June 18

Hello @RobWilk,

We went ahead and turned this post back into an idea post for you and other users to vote on and follow, and edited the title accordingly. I will also share this idea post here as well in case it helps you or other users:

Thanks,

Coach Jon