Split transactions should be treated as separate transactions (2 Merged Votes)

Options
124»

Comments

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll also point out that if you are paying with actual cash, you can enter it as two separate cash transactions instead of one transaction split in two.

• robh
    robh Member
    Options

I want to also repeat the necessity of this. For example:

I paid my car insurance today. It was for a 6-mo policy. I want to be able to split that into 6 transactions so that the cost of that policy is felt each month instead of just today. And there are other examples as well, where I'm making purchases for things that span months.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think I'd be more inclined to use savings goals for that.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agree, the example of insurance bills over 6 months is a good Saving Goal item.

• kkw.1991
    kkw.1991 Member
    Options

I would really like the ability to adjust dates for split transactions, please.

• Pianist718
    Pianist718 Member
    Options

YES … this is the only thing that bothers me about Simplifi.

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If this has not been mentioned, here is another reason for a true split. Exclude from Spending Plan needs to be part of the Split. As of now, I have to exclude the entire transaction as Exclude from Spending Plan.

• I split a transaction
    • One of the splits I would like to exclude from Spending Plan as I have a Goal for that, "vacation" set up
    • The other split is just a normal expense
    • At the moment, I can only exclude both transactions.

Here is an example, I go to Costco and buy groceries and an Airline gift card. I split to Groceries and Vacation. I want to exclude Vacation but currently cannot.

Help!

Thanks

• BrandonG
    BrandonG Member
    Options

This request has been outstanding since 2020, will Quicken ever fix it?

• pixie813
    pixie813 Member
    Options

I find the way split transactions work in Simplifi to be EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING for this very reason. Can we please up the priority on this and get this in the queue? I am just about begging for this, and can't find a reasonable workaround.

• meganelizabeth
    Options

Chiming in, need to have feature for me! Especially on bigger purchases, the ability to space out over time is crucial.

• thoux9
    thoux9 Member
    Options

Once you split transactions, all of the splits are shown within the same transaction (child of main). That only allows me to change categories.

Ideally, the splits will become their own transaction, and that would allow me to change dates on the splits, or make one of the split not count towards summary or reports….in general will provide more freedom.

• RA1
    RA1 Member
    Options

Allow users to assign different dates to each split under a transaction. This was a feature on Mint that was useful for expenses with partial reimbursement or taking time to pay off a large transaction.

• MoneyManStan
    Options

not to belabor the point, but that’s also an important feature to me to allow splits with different dates. Case in point - the other day my wife went to the ATM and we had to take out $20 and $60 for different things (crossing months), so she was going to take out $80. I asked her to make it two separate ATM transactions to which she replied “is it for that stupid Mint thing?” (Simplifi, but close enough). For the sake of marital bliss, please add this feature!