iPad & Android Tablet Support: Share your feedback here!

Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited September 16 in Feedback

With the recent release of a Quicken Simplifi Mobile App optimized for iPad and Android tablets, we want to hear what you think! Whether it's to tell us how this enhances your experience with using Quicken Simplifi, or to report an issue, we want to hear from you.

Please also see our announcement here:

Comments

• jorder
    jorder Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 16

I must have missed the announcement on the forum, and saw the tiny text for the latest iOS app update- now displays properly on iPad. Sure enough - it’s fantastic! Well done! Speed difference is huge (!) - and makes using it on iPad finally pleasurable and practical (web interface didn’t work well with 40+ accounts, even on M4). But why did we have to wait 5 years? ;-) Thanks again to the team.

• Myles
    Myles Member
    edited September 16

Congrats to the Quicken team on releasing the new iPad app. When using this app on an iPad hooked to an external display in extended (non-mirrored) mode, there is a challenge using this app. Specifically, when moving to any new section within the app, the app automatically resizes to two columns. When this occurs, there is no way to change the font size, so the text is very small compared to other iPad applications.

In other words, with every screen change in the app, it can be resized, but it has to be done each time. Please ensure the iPad app functions correctly for maintaining the display size, which in turn, keeps the font size at the optimal size as well.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16

I missed the announcement too. Was momentarily confused, and then happy just now when I logged into it for the first time today.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16

I'm also excited now about the idea that there might be an iPad app coming, but I get that assuming it's a new app, it will take time to develop. I just went all in on the Apple ecosystem. Earlier this year I bought an iPad Pro to go with my MacBook Air. We have like 4-5 Apple TV devices we regularly use. I'm now (at this moment) listening to music on my Air Pod Pro 2s (the first Air Pods I actually like the sound quality of). And, finally, I am switching to the IPhone 16 Pro Max after 15 generations of never owning an iPhone. Do I want an Apple Card next? Unclear if it's actually a good card.

I'm a little dispapointed that the iPhone camera will be a significant downgrade from the 2 year old S23 Ultra. The S23 had a 200Megapixel camera, the iPhone only has like 48Megapixel.

Rob Wilkens

• jorder
    jorder Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 16

the iPad app is out

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16

And it seems to update automatically on the iPad if you already had the iPhone app installed there. It seems very nice and indeed seems to be more of a real iPad app than the Quicken Classic iPad app, meaning it uses the extra real estate fairly nicely.

Now let the nitpicking begin. That's what we are here for! 😀

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭

Charts in the Investments area are getting cut off about a week early (in the 30 day view) on Android. Same thing was happening before it was officially supported, but at the time I was told its not a defect since tablets were not supported. it appears this was not fixed as part of the official support.

The performance percentages are correct, but the last tick on the chart is for 9/7 and then it goes slightly past that tick.

Same view on my phone has a 9/14 tick and then the graph goes past it since we're after the 14th.

Issue exists in both portrait and landscape mode, but is worse in landscape.

• Coach Natalie

@Wedo778, thanks for letting us know!

To clarify, is the issue present on a regular mobile device as well? If so, it doesn't sound like it would be related to iPad and Android support specifically, so you'd want to create a separate post to report the issue. Please share a screenshot of what you're seeing as well, as I'm not personally seeing any issues with the Investments Performance chart on my Android phone.

If the issue is not happening on your phone but is happening on your tablet, please provide that screenshot here. Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie

I don’t know if this is what @Wedo778 is seeing, but this is on an iPad Air 4th Gen. Note that the chart cuts off after 08/28. Same thing happens in both landscape and portrait views.

Here is the 30 day view. Again it cuts off at 09/1.

This problem doesn’t occur on my Samsung S21 Ultra. I can see the full span for all time periods.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭

No, the issue does not exist on my phone. That's why I pointed out in the post that you replied to that the issue does not exist on my phone.

Here is what the graph looks like on my tablet

And here it is on my phone (yes, I know I am not consistent about where I use dark mode)

You can see that about a week is cut off when looking at this on a tablet, similar to what @DannyB has shown. The cutoff point changes whether I am in portrait (what I screenshotted here) or landscape, but both cut the graph off.

• Love the new iPad update - looks great. Thanks for constantly improving Simplifi.

• Coach Natalie
    edited September 18

@Wedo778 and/or @DannyB, I can get this display issue escalated. To do so, please provide the following data:

1. Confirm that you are on the latest Mobile Release of 5.13.0.
    2. The Make, Model, and OS of your iPad or Android Tablet.
    3. Does this issue occur with any other graphs, such as Investments Balances or the Spending Report, etc.?

Please also submit your logs from the Quicken Simplifi Web App via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie

1. My app details say version 5.13.0. Maybe that was a typo on your end?
    2. Pixel Tablet running Android 14
    3. The issue for me is seen only in the Investments area. Both the Balances and Performance charts.
      Charts in the Reports area do not appear to be cut off

I've sent the log as requested as well

• Coach Natalie

@Wedo778, thank you!

Can you also send a screenshot of the Investments Balances chart from your Pixel Tablet, as well as a comparison screenshot of the same chart from your mobile phone, please?

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie

1. The Mobile Release on my iPad is 5.13 (37923)
    2. iPad Info:
      1. iPadOS Version: 17.6.1;
      2. Model Name: iPad Air (4th Generation);
      3. Model Number: MYFQ2LL/A
    3. I'm seeing the problem ONLY in the Investment Balances and Performance charts.
      1. Balances chart cuts of just after 9/2 in landscape and just past 9/6 in portrait as of today, 9/18.
      2. Performance chart cuts off just past 9/2 in landscape and just past 9/9 in portrait as of today, 9/18.

Just sent the logs form the web app - 11:33 AM PDT, 9/18/24

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie

@DannyB & @Wedo778, thank you!

I got this issue reported for both iPad and Android tablets, and for both the Performance and Balance charts. I will post back with updates!

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-23077

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19

Can someone kindly point out how I add manual transactions to a credit card on the iPad app? I only see one plus button way up top and that is add account. I am certain my eyes are just not seeing something that is there, my vision is not perfect.

I found this documentation https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3348103-managing-transactions-in-quicken-simplifi but all the screenshots seem to be for the web app, no tablet/mobile app screenshots that i see there.

Rob Wilkens

• The new iPad app is absolutely fantastic! Kudos to the designers and developers! One area for improvement is the sign-in page. It should be set up to use the new Apple Password app. When I launch the app, the username field is filled in. However, I must right click in the password field and select autofill. Then Apple Password appears and I have to search for “Quicken,” the name that is set up for Simplifi. Once at Quicken, I have to copy and then paste the password into the Simplifi sign-on page. Thanks, again, for the new iPad app!!!

• Coach Natalie

@RobWilk, have you tried selecting an account to add the transaction from, or tried the plus button from the All Transactions page? The Mobile App article for Managing Transactions is here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4340112-managing-transactions-on-the-mobile-app

Let us know!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie You sent me in the right direction. When you press the + the first option is add an account, but the second option is add a transaction. The documentation page you linked to didn’t appear to show those two options. When I saw add an account earlier, i presumed i pressed the wrong button.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm enjoying the iPad app and the way it fills up the screen! The only thing I can think of to improve it at the moment, would be the ability to customize the location and width of individual tiles on the dashboard; similar to the way it works with Simplifi on a computer's browser.

For example, I’d really like to make the spending plan tile larger to take up the entire width of the iPad as well as Watchlist and the Recents bar.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23

One additional thing I just noticed, please, please, please give us a way to change the sort order for Watchlists…similar to the way Simplifi does it on the web app.

Honestly, this is my biggest pet peeve with the Simplifi mobile app. And if this is all I have to complain about, then honestly, you’re doing something right!

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • wkh
    wkh Member ✭✭

There is no way to customize the dashboard in the new iOS app. You can’t hide functions you don’t want to see in the dashboard and you can’t move them around either. The old iOS app had a “customize dashboard” line below “notifications” under “settings”. This still exists in android apps. This is a very important feature. I chatted with Coach Lido about a week ago and supposedly this was escalated as a problem, but Lido also recommended I mention it here in the forums. I never received any info or ticket number for the problem, so I don’t know if this truly was escalated or not.

• Coach Natalie

@wkh, are you referring to the new iPad app, or are you using a regular mobile device to access the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App? If the latter, you will need to create a new post to report the separate issue, as this thread is to provide feedback for the new iPad app and Android Tablet app only.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• wkh
    wkh Member ✭✭

Yes, this applies to the iPad app as well.

• Coach Natalie

@wkh, unless the issue is iPad or Android Tablet-specific, you will want to create a new post. If the issue is happening on a mobile device, it is not iPad or Android Tablet-specific.

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• wkh
    wkh Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

Sorry for the confusion. I just verified that the problem is indeed iPad specific. It works fine on android tablet, android mobile and the most recent update (2 days ago) of iPhone.

• Coach Natalie

@wkh, thanks for confirming!

It looks like you already reported this issue to Chat Support a couple of weeks ago. Once an update becomes available, they will be sure to reach back out and let you know. You can check your messages by navigating to 'Messages' in the Help Center. You can also reach back out to them at any time.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie