Simplifi pricing - was $47 now is $71

ps56k
ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 27 in Feedback

Not sure if last year I happen to catch a deal when it was $47 -
but just received an email that my renewal will be at $71 -

Interestingly - that is the same price point as the 25% discounted Quicken Classic Premier -

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @ps56k,

Thanks for reaching out! Yes, Quicken Simplifi did receive a price change recently. The new price will be $5.99/mo, billed annually as $71.88.

Hope this helps,

Coach Jon

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27

That's a pretty steep price increase, but Quicken.com still shows the old price.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭✭

I just confirmed and my auto renewal still shows $47. That’s a very steep price increase if it is $71. Might have to reconsider renewal.

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭

here’s mine -

• dariusz65
    dariusz65 Member

This is very shoddy practice to rise price by 50% without any notification. I would rather pay $70 to another company with integrity. Good luck with getting new subscribers.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

As I understand it the price went up about $2/month because of requests by users for features like Zillow integration (these features, as i understand it, cost Quicken money as they are third party services). I was against Zillow integration because this kind of thing was likely (plus I didn't need it), but there was vocal support for it.

Rob Wilkens

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭

Has Simplifi explained the reasons behind the price increase? If so, I missed it. If it really is due (in any part) to things like Zillow integration, that is really unfortunate. I was against that feature as well, for a number of reasons (mostly, that I think those estimates are pretty worthless and certainly not worth paying for).

I'm also troubled that this price increase coincidences with what seems to be a reduction in service and reliability. While Simplifi has never been perfect or offered all of the features I hope for, it has at least been reliable. My accounts synced consistently and I could count on a complete and accurate transaction list, which is always the most important thing with any aggregator. But lately there has been a sharp increase in the number of accounts turning errors, despite reconnecting them through the site. It from that Simplifi is aware of these account problems, but doesn't have any timeline for a fix. I hope this is just a temporary blip that will be corrected soon, as I can imagine renewing at a 50% increase for a reduction in service that we've experienced lately.

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭✭

Whatever the reason, it does feel like bait and switch, especially done to lure Mint users at 25$ for first year promising 47$ next year.. only to find it will be 71$ without any notification. My renewal isn’t until December though.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@bcrossman I'm not sure whether or not I should be talking about this, but I will (if on monday my status no longer says superuser, you'll know why). The superusers were advised of a potential price increase in advance of the price increase. First, they said, there might've been a premium level of service which would include zillow and some other features, and then there would be the standard priced service without those features. I think ultimately, it was too complicated to split up the pricing tiers. I also think they pay a fixed price for some level of zillow access (from what i've read) and if "everybody" is at that level, the cost is spread out (less per user) versus fewer users who might have to pay more for those features.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29

@Bgz In fairness, about the time Mint was shutting down, Quicken Simplifi had fewer features. Some of those new features were demanded by Mint users .. New features such as Zillow (or if they added blue book or soomething like that) require QS to pay a third party for access to their data. So, this costs them more, and they aren't a charity. Mint wasn't a charity either, they were selling your financial data to advertisers and possibly more.

Rob Wilkens

• Pink_Waters
    Pink_Waters Member
    edited September 30

Yesterday it was my subscription renewal. I was for years on the monthly plan. And I saw on apple app store that the payment method is declined. Come to find out they removed the monthly plan and I can only renew with only a yearly plan. This is straight out [Removed - Language]. I have been so patient for years for this app to become reliable. And the only reason I stuck with it is for the projected cash flow feature. I am looking right now for an alternative that has that feature because I am not paying a cent more for a business model that shady and incompetent. [removed - no soliciting] cause I will literally deal with the hassle of using spreadsheets before I entertain paying money to this sorry business. [Edited - Readability]

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pink_Waters My opinion is that if you want to know about other services, look elsewhere. This is the Quicken Simplifi forum, and exists for support of said product.

Rob Wilkens

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭✭

It may be fair to increase prices, but not without proper notification. Also, when we signed up, it said $25 for first year and then 45$ for next year. So it was kind of assumed prices wouldn’t be increased. 50% increase does seem very steep.

• @RobWilk thats fair. Now the question is, am I locked out of my own data if I wanna export it without subscribing for 1 year to export my data?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30

@Pink_Waters In general, to access the export function, you need a subscription. However, if you talk to one of the employees (people with Coach in front of their name) they may or may not be able to do something or give you temporary/trial-like acccess. I am only guessing. I would like to think they could accomodate you in some way. In general, I think when your subscription expires that your data stays in the system. I also believe that in general only you have access to your data, they may not have access to it unless you use the send feedback function (and even then, by default that hides most of your information).

Rob Wilkens

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the explanation, @RobWilk (it doesn't look like you've lost your superuser status yet 😁)

While I appreciate the information, I'm disappointed that users will be paying for a service that I (and many others) disfavored and do not want. It is too bad that Simplifi abandoned tiered pricing. I would actually be willing to pay more for Simplifi if it was a little more reliable and did a better job of exporting transactions. Of course, I understand that many people do want Zillow integration, and Simplifi can't completely tailor its product to every user's desires. But I fear this new direction may mean my user profile is no longer a match for Simplifi. We'll see. Thanks for the info.

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭

if you go to your Quicken account - you can see your Renewal and your past Payment History

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Looking at my renewal history it looks like the price went up almost every year since I've been using it.

2020: $35.99

2021: $39.99

2022: $47.88

2023: $47.88

And it says $71.88 for 2024 (my renewal didn't happen yet this year)

I agree that there should have been some sort of notification, if I hadn't read about it in the community I might not have realized until my card was charged. And while I will probably continue to use Simplifi (I think it's probably worth the $72/yr and not worth the effort to research to see if there's something I like better and then switch), it would be nice to have a heads up about the increase (especially since this is the biggest increase so far).

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1

@EL1234 … I received an email, else I wouldn’t have noticed.
    BTW .. it is now same price as Quicken desktop software

But - looks like Simplifi and Classic both have a deal - for NEW members

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member

Am I missing something? Mine still says $47.88 for next year renewal.

Also mine for some reason was cheaper last year than the year before:

• aariana
    aariana Member
    edited October 10

The bait for new customers is still as low as $2.99 a month. The $72/y is the price of loyalty. I’ve already canceled my plan. Loyalty has to be earned, not milked.

• minx
    minx Member ✭✭
    edited October 12

Mint offered this same integration and it was free. So for a former Mint user who came here for a reasonable price, I was willing to pay for basic service with the hope that they will add the features that would make the prior fee acceptable. But this significant increase, for them still not having things like car value or ability to customize investments for income/expenses and show up in reports, makes other competitors that already have those features worked out much more attractive now. Venmo doesn't always integrate now. Coinbase doesn't sync at all now. Annoying as it would have saved me the investment time to set this up from Mint.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12

Mint wasn't free, they were pushing advertisements, and selling your financial information. It also doesn't exist anymore.

Rob Wilkens