Ability to Hide Accounts [edited] (2 Merged Vote)

rdws
rdws Member
edited February 7 in Feature Requests
I'd like to have all my accounts connected and monitor their balances when I want, but I'd -really- like to be able to hide ones from view.

For example, I like periodically looking at my 401k, and it's nice to know I can easily check it on Simplifi while looking at whatever other account I'm checking in on - but do I really need that information all the time? Or my mortgage. I like to know how much I've got left to pay on the mortgage, and having that info available when I want is great. But do I really need it to make my Net Worth negative by a couple hundred thousand dollars? 

It'd be great to toggle/hide certain accounts while also being able to make them viewable again whenever I want.
60
60 votes

In Progress · Last Updated

Our Product Team is working on adding this option to Simplifi!

Comments

  • jlkweb12
    jlkweb12 Member ✭✭✭
    I agree with this. If the account is closed, it should be hidden. Now I have a large list as before but with the word closed next to it.
  • millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭
    I agree as well.  Closed accounts should be able to be ignored on the Dashboard.  Deleting the account is not an option (as suggested by Support) since this will remove the transaction history.
  • Mr. Williams
    Mr. Williams Member
    Agreed, need to hide accounts but not delete content. I have to do reporting on data for my taxes and investments. Investment accounts are known the most for this as he may have cash accounts at zero or  investments you have rolled over, but I don't need to see the zero. However, it's still a live account.
  • 2sonsjim
    2sonsjim Member ✭✭
    Yes, please add ability to hide closed accounts in the account list.
  • Agreed, please add the ability to hide accounts on the dashboard. 
  • Jeppedy
    Jeppedy Member
    Quick note about loan/debt accounts...  Add an asset account. My home value offsets my loan balance, giving ng me a truer view of net worth. 
  • tapierce
    tapierce Member ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for this as well.  I have a lot of accounts so having the ability to hide closed accounts would help greatly.
    ~Terry

    "To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." ~ Paul Ehrlich
  • I will add to the list of folks asking to be able to hide closed accounts.  I want to keep all of my history, so I don't want to delete the account.  But it is annoying to have all of my closed accounts continue to show up on my dashboard.  The sooner you can fix this the better!
  • oscarch
    oscarch Member
    I need to hide all my closed accounts too from the dashboard keeping the data, doesn't make sense seeing all of them just the active an open ones...
  • Ability to hide closed accounts in your account list
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Member ✭✭✭✭
    When I close an account, it stays visible in main account list.  My only option is to delete to remove,but there is lost history.  Quicken offers  hide option. Should be really easy to add this.
    --
    Robert D. Wilkens
    robwilkens.net
  • ebjsbjc
    ebjsbjc Member
    I have a closed 401K account with the amount it was when it closed. If I now add in the new company that took over the 401K it will then add this to the total along with the closed account. There needs to be an ability to "hide" a closed account. I do see you can remove an account from reports, but this does not change the "Retirement" amount in the dashboard, it adds in the closed account.
  • Please add ability to hide closed accounts
  • JMP
    JMP Member
    I agree this feature is sorely missing. I would envision this behaving the same way as the show/hide ignored income, ignored bills, etc on the spending plan screens.  
  • Mr. Saver
    Mr. Saver Member
    This feature is also essential for me. Please consider it a high priority for future updates.
  • Please add me to the list
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Member ✭✭✭✭
    I upvoted, specifically for closed accounts.  I can imagine this would be like the existing settings->accounts and then under the account would be a checkbox "[x] Hide This Account from Dashboard" and maybe "[x] Exclude account from net-worth/reports" separately.

    --
    Robert D. Wilkens
    robwilkens.net
  • captbunzo
    captbunzo Member
    Why is this feature still pending? Why has this simple request not been added?
  • bbertchie
    bbertchie Member ✭✭✭
    captbunzo said:
    Why is this feature still pending? Why has this simple request not been added?
    Features of Simplifi seem move at their own time
  • captbunzo
    captbunzo Member
    bbertchie said:
    captbunzo said:
    Why is this feature still pending? Why has this simple request not been added?
    Features of Simplifi seem move at their own time
    Lol. I don't mean to seem whiny, but looking back and seeing this has been in request REPEATEDLY for over a year? :)

  • bbertchie
    bbertchie Member ✭✭✭
    captbunzo said:
    bbertchie said:
    captbunzo said:
    Why is this feature still pending? Why has this simple request not been added?
    Features of Simplifi seem move at their own time
    Lol. I don't mean to seem whiny, but looking back and seeing this has been in request REPEATEDLY for over a year? :)

    You’re not, it’s a common frustration of most users. My 401K provider has been requested for 3 years. Investment transactions have been coming soon for 3 years, etc. sadly, the competition is lacking in so many other areas that Simplifi is the best option, so we suffer through and deal with it 
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4
    I have important things I think need to get done too (like differing recurring frequencies, or like the bug with 'past days balances' on cash flow chart), and then there are less important things too (things which are annoyances that 'would be nice' if they worked right).  But I constantly remind myself, for $3/month i'm not coming anywhere near paying the salary of a single software engineer to do custom developing to my personal taste.  I'm paying the equivalent of 1/5 of one hour of local minimum wage where i live each month.  I totally get that they have to go with what benefits the most users first (which is why they have the voting).

    EDIT: This is why it sometimes pays to 'vote down' ideas that you don't think are a priority for you.  It may seem 'rude' but it helps give a better idea what most users think are important.  I totally understand at least some of my ideas potentially reaching negative votes.
    --
    Robert D. Wilkens
    robwilkens.net
  • captbunzo
    captbunzo Member
    RobWilk said:
    I have important things I think need to get done too (like differing recurring frequencies, or like the bug with 'past days balances' on cash flow chart), and then there are less important things too (things which are annoyances that 'would be nice' if they worked right).  But I constantly remind myself, for $3/month i'm not coming anywhere near paying the salary of a single software engineer to do custom developing to my personal taste.  I'm paying the equivalent of 1/5 of one hour of local minimum wage where i live each month.  I totally get that they have to go with what benefits the most users first (which is why they have the voting).

    EDIT: This is why it sometimes pays to 'vote down' ideas that you don't think are a priority for you.  It may seem 'rude' but it helps give a better idea what most users think are important.  I totally understand at least some of my ideas potentially reaching negative votes.
    I knew my comment would come across a little entitled, that wasn't my intention. But it does kind of surprise me for something to have this much support for over a year and be a fairly simple feature to add, and to still not be done.

    I would disagree with the comment about custom development to your personal taste. This is an enhancement which seems obviously useful to anybody who ever closed an account.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello All,

    Great news! Although we don't have an ETA as of yet, our Product Team is hard at work on adding the ability to hide accounts in Simplifi. It sounds like they plan to add this option to the three-dot menu for each of your accounts under Settings>Accounts.

    Please stay tuned for future updates!

    -Coach Natalie
  • As the title says, I'd like to have the ability for activity in closed accounts to show on reports and be counted in spending/income, but I don't want to see my closed accounts on the left pane marked closed all the time.  it's not necessary there since there is no new activity. Maybe allowing them to be collapsed or toggled as hidden would be a good approach.
  • MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10
    I believe there is an open feature request for this already and the admins have confirmed it’s in the works. 

    [removed self-referencing link to merged thread]