Missing Alight Solutions (3 Merged Votes)

Options
1235»

Comments

• sdixon
    Options

I will likely cancel my Quicken account if I can't get my alight.com account linked to Simplifi.

• BAGuy
    BAGuy Member
    edited February 24
    Options
  • rjlister
    Options

Recently moved from Mint, in trial phase for Simplifi. Trying to connect to my Caterpillar 401k via Alight Solutions. Not working. Based on comments in this thread this seems to be intentional

Is this being addressed? It's a deal breaker otherwise. Will have to move to Monarch and pay a little more for a working solution if not resolved

• gschiff
    gschiff Member ✭✭
    Options

Today I received an email from the Simplifi team offering a call with one of their coaches to answer all my questions, as a new user migrating from Mint. I jumped on it, hoping to finally get a live human to answer for the major gap that is Alight 401K connectivity.

The coach that I spoke to was very nice, but was unable to add any new information that we don't already know.

1. This has been requested already
    2. They hope to make it available sometime in the future
    3. They have no idea when or whether that might happen

I was told that this kind of request can be sitting with the ball in Alight's court, and they have to wait for an answer. I pointed out that the Alight web application explicitly lists instructions for Quicken integration, is supported by Empower, and is/was supported by Mint, so Alight is clearly open to these types of integrations. I asked (rhetorically…. I knew the coach on the phone was not in a position to answer) why don't they stop waiting and make it a priority to work out any pending issues with Alight, and delight the large number of frustrated new and old clients?

I was told, fairly enough…. "I agree with you and I will take your feedback as high as I can".

I don't expect anything to come of it. But it was cathartic to express it out loud to a human. I mentioned about 5 separate times during my call that this is my #1 grievance with Simplifi.

I appreciate that I was given a year of free trial, so I can't complain that I'm not getting what I paid for. If this is not fixed when the payments come due, I will be sorely disappointed and will do my best to take my business elsewhere.

If others watching this topic get similar support call invitations, I encourage you to take the opportunity to be another customer voice with the same top priority. Maybe if they hear it enough, it will wake up the right someone in charge.

• hgg
    hgg Member
    Options

I know this is an open issue - hoping to gain more visibility because it seems no one is paying attention to the other Alight thread (4 years and no solution).

What is missing for this solution to be implemented? Alight connected to Mint and connects to normal Quicken so saying “the ball is in their court” is not a believable response. How do we escalate this further? Why has nothing changed in over 4 years?

• hgg
    hgg Member
    edited February 28
    Options

I started a new thread about this for more visibility - hopefully it doesn’t get merged again.

[removed link to merged thread]

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited February 28
    Options

Hello everyone,

Sadly, we don't have any further news to provide on this request. We are aware of the high demand for Alight Solutions and the many 401k plans they cover, and although I'm not sure where we're at with adding support, I do know that there are multiple entities involved in adding bank connections to Quicken Simplifi, so it may take some time before we learn anything. We also cannot guarantee that we'll be able to add support for a requested financial institution. With that, as soon as I learn any news on this, I will let you all know right away.

I'd also suggest contacting your financial institution directly to help make them aware of the need for this connection. You can share this link with them: https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/

Sorry for not having a better answer for you all, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• hgg
    hgg Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie

“It will take some time before we learn anything” - how much more time do you need? It’s been 4+ years, surely you are closer to a solution?

Connections for Alight - Goldman Sachs and Alight - Target exist already. How were these specific connections added? What is preventing others from being added in the same manner?

Alight provides instructions for linking specific employer accounts to Quicken using the username-ClientID method. To me this indicates that they have made the connection possible on their end and the issue lies with Quicken. Please advise.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@hgg, unfortunately, I don't have the answers to those questions. As soon as I learn any news at all on this request, I will post back with an update.

We apologize for the frustration and appreciate everyone's patience.

-Coach Natalie

• hgg
    hgg Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie who does have the answers? What steps are you taking to get answers? There is no way that no progress has been made in over 4 years unless this has never been escalated.

What is the process for adding new financial institutions? What step of that process are you currently on with this request?

• melwakil
    Options

The connection works with Mint - it seems incredulous it doesn't work with Simplifi. This is definitely a downgrade, and one I cannot stomach for too much longer.

• Drew
    Drew Member ✭✭
    Options

This is my 2 cents. This is an Alight issue. All current 3rd Party connectivity to our 401K accounts preceded the existence of Alight Solutions and its eventual takeover of the management of our 401K accounts. As anyone with an Alight Solutions managed 401K account should be able to attest, above and beyond Alight making passive management fees off our holdings, they want to provide active account management service for additional fees. Thus, they want us to log into our Alight Solutions accounts versus using a 3rd Party interface. So, don't expect any new 3rd Party money management service, such as Simplifi, to gain access to your Alight Solutions account.

• hgg
    hgg Member
    edited February 29
    Options

@Drew I disagree. This issue did not exist on Mint, did not exist with [removed] when I was using that, and apparently does not exist in normal Quicken - evidence that Alight connectivity works with 3rd party apps. Additionally, there are two instances of Alight 401ks (Goldman Sachs and Target) that exist in Simplifi and allow employees of those companies to connect. Alight provides instructions for how to connect to Quicken on their website - why would they offer that if they were against us using it?

I get hung up on the fact that Goldman Sachs and Target have their Alight accounts connected. Obviously Simplifi has been successful in adding Alight URLs to their system - why can’t that process be recreated for all the URLs in this thread? And if the process has changed, or no longer works, or there’s some nuance that us users are not privy to - why has Simplifi refused to share that information?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To all users requesting this - have you tried contacting Alight directly as Coach Jon requested? Sometimes, pushing the institution can help with establishing a connection. I understand your frustration, especially when Mint, an option that was free, was able to connect while the paid app cannot connect.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• frostwick
    Options

I was able to log in to Alight (pwc's version) in Mint but cannot in Simplifi… ( https://member.alight.com/  )

• froge
    froge Member
    Options

Maybe it would help if I left the website since the alight accounts are company specific. Please add for Collins, Ratheon and Pratt

https://leplb0120.upoint.alight.com/web/utc/

• bjbordson
    Options

who can we contact at Alight? This is very frustrating to be unable to connect to one of the largest 401(k) administrators

• WigLi
    WigLi Member
    Options

ditto all the comments that this is necessary…

• rjake
    rjake Member
    Options

I contacted Alight and they directed me to a page that shows how online tools such as Quicken and Credit Karma are the only tools that can connect. However, they must be referring to Quicken Classic, which I am thinking of trying but I don't like that it doesn't offer a mobile user interface. And Credit Karma is a no go for me - many problems with that mint substitute. Like others have said, Simplifi seems to know how to do this (Target and Goldman Sachs) if only we could get priority with the developers to work on this. Seems a copy paste and change to a URL specific to each employer is all that is necessary. But not counting on Simplifi getting to this anytime soon based on the comments. I most likely will switch to Quicken Classic and be tied to only using my desktop computer - that seems to be the only solution. Mint was definitely better.

• maximumutility
    Options

Alight often provides linking via a generic linking with an additional numeric code specific to the employer tacked on as they do when linking through Intuit's backend that Quicken has relied on in the past. This is a tech issue or a cost concern and unwillingness to leverage the intuit backend on Simplifi. There must be more to the story that the Quicken management doesn't want to share.

• dbmack
    dbmack Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Adding to this request - I moved from Mint who had successfully developed a connection with Alight Solutions for me to link my company 401(k). Quicken Simplifi apparently doesn't do this, however, I do see both Goldman Sachs and Target retirement plans through Alight Solutions are options in Quicken Simplifi so it appears Alight is not causing this to be difficult.

• craftyViking
    Options

Adding my voice here. So now I can't connect my mortgage or my 401(K) and both were requested by the community years ago. . What is this app for again? . I guess managing my credit cards?. . It certainly isn't going to work to manage my net worth.

• Ajhunt
    Ajhunt Member
    Options

Why does it need to be requested when it was already working in Mint? Also, our employers tell us it is available and then you tell us to contact them???????????????

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The institution decides which third party apps are allowed to connect to their services

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• ljcabc
    ljcabc Member
    edited April 8
    Options

Thought I was going crazy so I'm not the only person sharing the same sentiment.

I have had been trying to connect to PwC alight portal since December and no luck. Never had this issue with Mint. This whole time I saw Goldman Sachs & Target alight portals available there. I requested this to be added several time and now seeing this thread I am coming to an understanding that this might never happen.

Funny right before checking out the community threads, I reached out to Simplifi chat coach. Frustrated and I expressed that I might just switch over to [removed] and the CR was like sure. Don't think Simplifi appreciate our business…

• rjake
    rjake Member
    Options

Tried Quicken Classic and although it can read Alight 401k, it can’t read HSA investment balances at Optum Financial. So goodbye Quicken - Classic & Simplifi. At least free Credit Karma still connects. I just have to annoyingly click through multiple pages and ads to get to what I need to see. I would have gladly paid for a service that worked like Mint did.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.