Let Me Categorize and Organize My Accounts List However I Like [edited] (10 Merged Votes)

Options
2»

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9
    Options

Personally I like the current logic of the accounts list. I like that I can see all my near horizon daily activity accounts grouped together and my far horizon distant/irregular spending savings accounts grouped together.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • frugalsc
    frugalsc Member
    Options

I'm sure many other might have requested this. But Sorting would be super helpful, sorting by spend, balance, value, pretty much anything would be nice. Kind of disappointed that the site can't don't have this function. Doesn't seem to make sense to be me to default and fix the order to list accounts by account name. As far as I know it should be a relative easy to add with a supersized benefit.

• Silverthorne
    Options

I suppose that order in which accounts are listed on the transactions page makes sense in the minds of software engineers who want to group accounts based on their shared behaviors. But why should that dictate the display order for your users?

The categories that you use for grouping accounts makes sense for some use cases but not others. For example, is my 2018 Zeclat Corvette an asset or an investment? I consider it an investment but your system places it in the Asset category. For me that is a completely random categorization.

What is the point of restricting user's ability to manage the grouping and sequence of accounts in the list? You can see from this thread that there is ample user support for the ability to customize the account sequence. At a minimum, can't you just offer the option to sort accounts alphabetically by name without your somewhat random group categories?

Thank you in advance for listening to your customer base.

• Candice318
    Candice318 Member
    edited January 28
    Options

I would like an option to move all Credit accounts from under banking to under Liabilities. Maybe have a setting under account preferences where you can choose to show Credit under Banking or Liability a switch. I want to see my total debt (liabilities under one category).

[Merged Post]

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Options

Never mind 🤨 Rereading the thread, this is about a lot of stuff relating to ordering things in Simplifi… so I withdraw my comment.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29
    Options

@Candice318

This is a popular topic, here's the best Idea Post to vote for…already has 77 votes.

[Merged Post]

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • OMG HI
    OMG HI Member
    Options

After adding all my accounts I realized they are all over the place with 0 balances at the top so when logging in the first few that show up are 0. It would be so freaking awesome to be able to see accounts in descending balance order. This would also show if any 0 balanced accounts suddenly have a posted transaction. I have over 20 different credit cards but only use 2. Somehow, one of my others got a transaction posted and because MINT had this feature, that account went to the top and I was quickly aware someone used it and called the card company to find out it was used in a different state. Long story short, if one of the accounts at the bottom ever get used i'll never see unless I go through all the accounts.

Hope this gets added sooner than later.

I live my life one line of code at a time…

• Sensible Saver
    edited February 25
    Options

In the mobile app, currently accounts are sorted alphabetically in the categories (Cash&Checking, Credit, etc).

It would be very useful to have the option (preferably default) to sort the accounts by the value of the accounts. Positive accounts to be sorted high to low and negative accounts (like debt) to be sorted lowest to highest. Essentially sort by high to low by absolute value.

[Merged Post]

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25
    Options

The feature request already exists and has over 80 votes. With more votes, the changes for consideration rise.

[Merged Post]

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• alkaboy
    alkaboy Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have a few Investment accounts which I have set to a Type of "529 Plan" and "UGMA/UTMA". However, these accounts get grouped into "Other Investments" on my Dashboard vs. I also have 401Ks or IRAs that get grouped into Retirement. It would be great to break these out.

• username3
    Options

So all these requests from a few years ago and nothing was acted upon?

• sarakate77
    Options

Any update on being able to include brokerage accounts in my savings goals?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@sarakate77, you'll want to navigate to the Idea post you're referring to, which is available here:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• JS-SFR
    JS-SFR Member
    Options

Need ability to create a custom view on the dashboard or account list with only a subset of accounts.

Example:

5 Checking accounts and 10 credit card accounts are linked to my Quicken account.

I'd like to create a custom view on the dashboard that only shows one of those checking accounts and two credit card accounts.

• strngr12
    strngr12 Member
    Options

Just to keep this alive… wit the rise of BTC and other cryptos, you should either add account types "Bitcoin" and "Other Crypto" if you are not going to allow us to create our own. I would also suggest "Art" for people who invest in that and "Precious Metals" for people who take physical possession of their metals, though I think those two account types are far less prevalent.

But 15% and rising of the US public now own crypto. It's time.

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭
    Options

I would LOVE a separate section for crypto. (Thank you, I hadn't even thought of that.) Presently all my crypto "investments" are bunched under "Brokerage" and I think crypto is different enough to warrant a separate section so we will end up with a Brokerage section and a Crypto section.

Right now, I have a Brokerage and Retirement sections that list the value of those, and sprinkled throughout is each crypto position with the value of that position. If we compare apples and apples then I should have a Fidelity with balance, Robinhood with a balance and Coinbase with a balance but instead I have Fidelity, Robinhood and then EVERY position in Coinbase. (Yes, every time I learned about a new coin and received $3.00 worth of that coin that I now cannot sell because I don't have enough for the gas fees.)

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
    Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

• username3
    Options

checking and savings are both cash accounts. At least there should be an option to sort account types in a way that matches how they are grouped. I would consider the current setup as a bug

• HerPurposefulPockets
    edited April 23
    Options

Currently my Simplifi account summary shows Banking organized under the following categories: Cash & Checking, Credit, Savings. It would be great to be able to organize view to sort by different criteria. (This idea applies to Banking, Investments, Assets, Liabilities.) This would be very helpful for spouses using a single Simplifi account with mine, yours, and ours accounts, as well as a number of other applications. 

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23
    Options

This has over 100 votes here, why start fresh:

[removed link to merged thread]

Rob Wilkens