Is there a way to avoid Treasurydirect OTP request?

Options
ffgwkljrrxje
ffgwkljrrxje Member

Every time I open Simplifi, I get queried for my Treasurydirect OTP. This is a problem for two reasons:

1. Annoying amount of effort for an account that hasn't changed once since I started using Simplifi.

2. My wife also has a Treasurydirect account that we'd like to track. But I don't have access to her email. So she gets notified every time I open Simplifi and has to confirm that it's me and someone else isn't trying to hack her account. It's really annoying for both of us.

Ideally, I would like a way for Simplifi to actively track Treasurydirect without promting. But alternatively I'd be happy if the amount l account only refreshed on manual request (but would otherwise show the account status from the most recent previous connection).

Best Answers

Answers

• ffgwkljrrxje
    ffgwkljrrxje Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I see. Thanks. What about the 2nd part of my request - is it possible to set refresh to "manual"?

I feel like Treasurydirect is fairly common use case, so thought that you might know something about it. In fact, I was surprised that I couldn't find anything about TD OTP during a topic search.I did do some digging around the TD site and couldn't find any option for enabling/disabling MFA - I certainly never enabled it explicitly. That said, the TD site changed it's login process fairly recently, so I have the impression that it's a work in progress.

• Glimmer3721
    Glimmer3721 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje

Is it possible for you to create secondary login for your TreasuryDirect account and turn off two factor authentication on the secondary account?

My Credit Union allows me to create a limited, view-only, account and I used that one for my Simplifi imports.

• ffgwkljrrxje
    Options

@Glimmer3721 I appreciate the response. I did spend some time digging around https://treasurydirect.gov, but was unable to find any setting that might disable MFA or enable a secondary read-only login. If any other users are aware of such a setting, I'd appreciate any help.

This discussion has been closed.