Lending Club Loan(s) Continuously Need Re-connected

Options
WillTrott
WillTrott Member

I have two loans through LendingClub and it appears that they are showing the correct information on Simplifi, but every single time I log into Simplifi on a computer and/or on my phone, I get a notification to re-connect to LendingClub as there is an issue with the connection. Once I connect, it is good for that session, but after some time passes or after I close the app/site and open it back up, there are connection issues again. I am unsure if this is an error with Simplifi, the connection with LendingClub, or something I have done improperly. Thank you for anyone who may be able to assist!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I'm not tech-support, just another user, but It doesn't sound like you did something wrong. I do know sometimes a financial institution has more than one listing - and if one doesn't work, sometimes selecting a variation (alternate listing) does work.

More likely, if that doesn't help, it's something one of the coaches (real company employees) will need to do something about (file a problem report, or give better advice, etc).

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@WillTrott, thanks for posting to the Community!

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, it looks like your Lending Club accounts end up in a 185 error state, which indicates the need to perform MFA. Sometimes this error will result from things like nightly aggregation, where your bank sends the request to Quicken Simplifi, but MFA is unable to be completed. When logging into Quicken Simplifi for the first time each day, are you asked to reconnect the accounts? And at any time (whether the first time each day or any subsequent logins) are prompted to perform MFA for this bank in Quicken Simplifi?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• WillTrott
    Options

@Coach Natalie Thank you for reaching out! I will answer your questions here:

When logging into Quicken Simplifi for the first time each day, are you asked to reconnect the accounts?

A: Yes, it usually occurs when I first log in for the day. The information from the account still shows up on my reports, but I am assuming it will not update in real-time if it is asking me to reconnect. If I go ahead and complete the MFA each time, it usually does not ask me again for a while, but if I ignore it and continue to access my reports, it will randomly pop up and ask me to authenticate until I finally do it. It is not a huge deal, but it feels like I should not have to authenticate every single time I log into Simplifi, it might just be something on LendingClub's end where they require it every time something pulls data from their site/accounts.

And at any time (whether the first time each day or any subsequent logins) are prompted to perform MFA for this bank in Quicken Simplifi?

A: Yes, it always prompts me to perform MFA each time, that is the first thing that pops up; asking me if I want to confirm by SMS text, phone call, or by email. Sometimes I just do it and it takes a minute or two to receive the text, and once I authenticate it is usually good to go for a while. However, this is the only account that requires me to do this every single day, but there may be no way around it, which is fine and understandable.

This discussion has been closed.