Comments

• sandymikesell
    Options

Still unable to add. Now getting error  FDP-103

• Tex247
    Tex247 Member
    Options

I am also getting error FDP-103 when trying to connect to Venmo:

"To connect to Venmo, you must re-enter your credentials. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at Venmo to ensure they are correct.Care Code: FDP-103"

I have confirmed that I am using the correct credentials, Simplifi just can't connect.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @sandymikesell & @Tex247,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're both receiving a 103 error with Venmo in Simplifi.

To troubleshoot a 103 error, please carefully follow these steps:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• sandymikesell
    Options

I've done all of this. Still not working

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @sandymikesell,

Thanks for giving those steps a try, although I'm sorry to hear that the trouble persists.

I'd like to go ahead and get the 103 error escalated. To do so, please provide the following information:

1. The name of the account(s), as it appears in Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account(s), as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. Has there been any recent changes made to the bank's website or its sign-in process?
    4. What is the exact URL you use to log in to your account on the bank's website?
    5. What type of account(s) are you attempting to connect in Simplifi?
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page on the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    7. The format of your password (do not provide your actual password!). For example, "Quicken123$" would be coded as "Xxxxxxx###$", where a capital "X" indicates a capital letter, a lowercase "x" indicates a lowercase letter, and a "#" indicates numbers; the actual special character used will need to be provided.

If you prefer to share any of this information privately, please send it via a DM to me here in the Community. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• sandymikesell
    sandymikesell Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    1. Venmo
    2. Venmo.com
    3. No change
    4. https://venmo.com/
    5. Cash/Checking
    6. .
    7. [removed - privacy]

[removed screenshot for privacy]

• Tex247
    Tex247 Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. My daughter is too with her account.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @sandymikesell!

For the screenshot, can you take this with a wide enough scope to show the page URL, please? Although we have an alert for this issue now, I'd still like to go ahead and get your case submitted to help make our Service Provider aware of the issue. If a screenshot with the page URL is not possible, I'll go ahead and submit it without that screenshot.

For anyone else receiving a 103 error with Venmo, please follow our Community Alert for updates:

-Coach Natalie

• abbiefaye
    abbiefaye Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I actually already messaged all of the info to you for the 103 error.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @abbiefaye!

Yes, I received your DM from the info requested for the 106 error. The info required for a 103 error differs a bit; it looks like I have everything I'd need from you for an escalation in the DM except for #7 above — The format of your password (do not provide your actual password!). For example, "Quicken123$" would be coded as "Xxxxxxx###$", where a capital "X" indicates a capital letter, a lowercase "x" indicates a lowercase letter, and a "#" indicates numbers; the actual special character used will need to be provided.

However, if you'd prefer, you can just follow the Alert at this point. I intend to get @sandymikesell's case escalated, and we also have a few from Chat Support to send over, so we should be good. But totally up to you! 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• abbiefaye
    abbiefaye Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok! I'll just follow along for now, but please let me know if you need another case to escalate. :)

• Tex247
    Tex247 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie I just DM'd you my information as well in hopes that it can assist you with trouble-shooting this error. I will follow this thread. Best regards.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @Tex247!

I got the ticket submitted and will let you know when I hear back. And yes, please also follow the Alert.

@sandymikesell, no worries on the screenshot; I think we are good on submitting tickets for now. Please also follow the Alert.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Tex247, the ticket came back as a known issue and our Service Provider is looking into it with Venmo.

-Coach Natalie

• abbiefaye
    abbiefaye Member ✭✭
    Options

Any updates, @Coach Natalie?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@abbiefaye, please follow the Alert for a 103 error with Venmo for updates —

-Coach Natalie

• algoguy
    algoguy Member
    Options

Yes, I am blocked on this too. And it's been 5 days since an update. Do we have any information on what the problem is, what the solution is, or if there are temporary workarounds?

• Humanleg86
    Humanleg86 Member ✭✭
    Options

There are way to many accounts with on-going issues for a paid service. I love this product but you’ve got to do something about the lack of push to get stuff fixed!

• Tex247
    Tex247 Member
    Options

from Venmo support:

Glad to hear from you again and thanks for sharing the requested screenshot.

We did an investigation and we were not able to come across any known issues that would prevent you from connecting Quicken with Venmo.

We also had reports from other users with the same concern. This seems like an issue at the end of Quicken. We truly apologize for the inconvenience but we request you please get in touch with them to resolve this error.

We are here to help if you have any other questions.

Best,

Abhi S. Support | Venmo

• algoguy
    algoguy Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

If it weren't for this Venmo issue, I would be signing up like 5 of my friends this week (I just found this app and onboarded this week). I really love the interface - the correct amount of feels easy, but good for power users. But the longer this goes on the more I am sure I can't recommend this. Especially re Venmo, with whom my friends and I have some of the most important spend data.

• abbiefaye
    abbiefaye Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I was able to reconnect Venmo yesterday, but today I’m getting a 103 error again.

• Coach Blake
    Coach Blake Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@abbiefaye Thank you for letting us know! Our team is still working with Venmo on getting this resolved, sometimes when they are working on a connection it can have intermittent success. We are hoping to have it resolved as quickly as possible!

Thank you!

Coach Blake

• brentmid
    Options

Same issue here - just signed up a few days ago. I want to like this app, but this seems like a pretty basic issue to be broken. Hoping I don't need to take advantage of the refund period.

• Humanleg86
    Humanleg86 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

[removed - privacy]

You should remove the password format. That’s a huge security issue, the fact that they even asked for that is crazy!!!!!

• JTJG
    JTJG Member
    Options

Ive been trying for weeks to connect Venmo. Still getting FDP-103 error. I can login to Venmo fine on my Venmo app and on the web. Please give clear instructions on how to resolve this.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The clear instructions are probably to sit and wait until it gets fixed, and follow the alert page (hit the bookmark) to be notified, the alert page is:

It's worth noting simplifi may not use the same web interface to connect to venmo (or any financial institution) that you do through a web browser.

Rob Wilkens

• algoguy
    algoguy Member
    Options

Three weeks now. Any updates from the simplifi team?

• Coach Blake
    Coach Blake Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@algoguy Thank you for checking back in with us on the 103 error we are experiencing with Venmo. We are still working with Venmo on getting this error resolved. We are hoping to have a update soon.

Thank you,

Coach Blake

• Scott L
    Scott L Member
    Options

I am seeing this error with multiple banks/accounts. Harborstone, WSECU, Voya, etc.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Scott L, thanks for posting!

Please go ahead and follow the troubleshooting steps for a 103 error for each of the banks in question:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

If the issue persists, you'll want to create a separate post for each bank and outline the issue experienced for that particular bank. This way, each issue can be reviewed and potentially escalated on an individual basis.

For anyone experiencing a 103 error with Venmo, please follow our Alert for updates. As soon as any news becomes available, we'll be sure to update the Alert accordingly to let everyone know.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.