Persistent 324 error with Fidelity HSA accounts (edited)

Options
meoge
meoge Member ✭✭✭

I reconnected all my fidelity accounts using the new API method and for some reason one of my accounts (HSA Account) just won't sync even though I see it and am able to link to it. The same thing is happening for my wifes HSA account. It's been happening since the cutover. I've reconnecting many times at this point but it just won't pull down the data and it puts an exclamation next to the accounts. Is this just teething issues with the new connection type or is something bigger going on?

Tagged:

Comments

• lwyman
    lwyman Member
    Options

I'm also having trouble with Fidelity not updating with the new API. It doesn't show the red exclamation mark that signifies that there's a problem with the connection, but it clearly doesn't track what's happening in my accounts - nor does it track what is shown in the investment details on Simplifi. If I "reconnect" the account with Fidelity, it updates to the correct amounts, but then for days after it doesn't update the balances on Simplifi. So clearly the API connects, but doesn't update.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

@meoge & @lwyman, if you have not already done so, please follow the steps outlined in my comment here to switch your Fidelity connection to the new "Fidelity Inv & Retirement" option in Quicken Simplifi:

If you're still experiencing an issue with your Fidelity connection, I'd suggest obtaining a fresh connection by following these steps:

1. Turn all of your Fidelity accounts into manual accounts by following the steps here.
    2. Go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to Fidelity using the "Fidelity Inv & Retirement" option.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was already connected to the new connection it just wasn't pulling the info for all of our accounts. I ended up changed all of the accounts to manual and then linking Fidelity to them again. That seemed to work but it did still show a $0 balance on a couple of them, but after logging out and back in it all looks correct now. We'll see what happens the next time I log in and it tries to refresh the data.

• apezam
    apezam Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I am having problems with newly reconnected Fidelity account. All accounts work now, but HSA. Here is the error message: Please help.
    This financial institution needs your attention
    (Care: 324)
    We have lost connectivity to one of your accounts. To restore connectivity, you must reconnect with your FI.

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just logged in again and I'm back to an exclamation mark next to both of our HSA accounts.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@meoge, do you have other accounts with Fidelity in Quicken Simplifi that do not present this issue? Also, do you see a specific error for the accounts in question? You may have to navigate to Settings > Accounts to see the error code. What happens when you click the exclamation point?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@apezam, thanks for reaching out!

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, I am seeing successful connections with "Fidelity Inv & Retirement" as of today. Please help us narrow down the issue by providing the name of the HSA account, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.

-Coach Natalie

• btsmith52
    btsmith52 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having this same problem. It will usually connect on the initial setup, then not connect again until I reset the connection. I have a number of other Fidelity accounts of different types, and I do not have this problem. Seems to be some issue with HSAs?

• apezam
    apezam Member
    Options

name of the HSA account:

HSA - Jodi

Connection for me, including HSA with Fidelity, works fine but my spouse account not so much. It must be the hyphen in her last name 😀

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Both my wife and I have several other fidelity accounts, Roth IRA, Rollover IRA, Brokerage, under our logins but only the HSA accounts seem to be having an issue. I have about 10 fidelity accounts and my wife has 4. The HSA account is in the list of accounts I can select from Fidelity's API sight when setting up the link and it even pulled down the balance when I set it up. As soon as I go back in and it tries to sync it puts an exclamation point next to the HSA accounts.

This is the error I see when go to Settings > Accounts:
    This financial institution needs your attention(Care: 324)
    We have lost connectivity to one of your accounts. To restore connectivity, you must reconnect with your FI.

When I click on the "Reconnect" button it walks me throught the connection process and I can choose all the accounts again. I walk through linking the HSA account again and all looks good until the next time it tries to sync.

• JohnDSaver
    Options

I am seeing the exact same issue ever since Fidelity changed the access method earlier this month. My 401k has no problem other than being delayed. I’ve tried resetting as instructed, resetting by removing the accounts and adding again, and I’ve tried moving the accounts to manual and adding and linking, all of which result in 0.00 balance or an old balance that won’t update with an alert saying that I need to reconnect. Please help.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello All,

It sounds like we have quite a few users here who are experiencing an issue with their Fidelity HSA accounts. If you are experiencing the 324 error or continually have to reconnect your HSA account with Fidelity, please provide the following information after confirming that the account is linked to the "Fidelity Inv & Retirement" option:

1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. Confirm whether the account belongs to you or your spouse or a combination of.
    3. Confirm whether you have other Fidelity accounts in Quicken Simplifi that do not present the issue.
    4. Confirm if the account has transactions in the last 90 days.
    5. Confirm the flow you're experiencing on Quicken Simplifi — does the account get a red exclamation point next to it that shows a 324 error every time it refreshes with the bank, or is something else happening?

If you are experiencing anything outside of issues with your Fidelity HSA account specifically, please create a new post to report it so it can be properly addressed.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• apezam
    apezam Member
    Options

HSA - Jodi

1. Confirm whether the account belongs to you or your spouse or a combination of.

Spouse

1. Confirm whether you have other Fidelity accounts in Quicken Simplifi that do not present the issue.

No issues with other Fidelity accounts

1. Confirm if the account has transactions in the last 90 days. 
      Yes
    2. Confirm the flow you're experiencing on Quicken Simplifi — does the account get a red exclamation point next to it that shows a 324 error every time it refreshes with the bank, or is something else happening?

correct - red exclamation point next to it that shows a 324 error every time it refreshes with the bank

• btsmith52
    btsmith52 Member ✭✭
    Options

1. Health Savings Account
        1. (have tried other names with no change in result)
    2. Confirm whether the account belongs to you or your spouse or a combination of.
      1. me only
    3. Confirm whether you have other Fidelity accounts in Quicken Simplifi that do not present the issue.
      1. I have 6 other accounts with no problem
      1. yes
    5. Confirm the flow you're experiencing on Quicken Simplifi — does the account get a red exclamation point next to it that shows a 324 error every time it refreshes with the bank, or is something else happening?
      1. Connects and updates initially, then 324 show up perpetually afterward.

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My wife and I both have a fidelity login with multiple accounts each

1. Jens HSA
      2. Zach's HSA
      1. Jens HSA - My wifes
      2. Zach's HSA - Mine
      1. Yes, we both have other accounts that sync just fine with the new method
      1. Yes for both accounts
      1. Yes that is what happens everytime it refreshes

I wrote the above while doing a refresh and for whatever reason this time my wifes account didn't end up with an exclamation point and error this time. Mine did.

• btsmith52
    btsmith52 Member ✭✭
    Options

1. "Health Savings Account"
        1. I have tried renaming and it doesn't matter.
      1. Belongs to me only
      1. I have 6 other accounts that do not present the issue.
      1. yes
      1. It usually updates with data at the initial connection, then it presents 324 persistently afterward with no more updates.

• mgloney
    Options

1. Gary HSA
      1. Belongs to me. Spouse also has HSA with Fidelity, Vicky HSA
      1. Spouse's HSA has not yet had an error
      1. Yes, there are transactions in last 90 days
    5. Confirm
      the flow you're experiencing on Quicken Simplifi — does the account get
      a red exclamation point next to it that shows a 324 error every time it
      refreshes with the bank, or is something else happening?
      1. Yes, red i anyway with the 324 error stays on account. I have tried deleting and re-adding account and problem continues.

• rjg5060
    rjg5060 Member
    Options

I too am having the same Fidelity HSA problems as reported in this thread.

Up until late last week (Dec 21 or 22), I was having identical problems as reported by everyone else - My Fidelity HSA was added to Simplifi along with my other Fidelity accounts, but never successfully refreshed and it generated a 324 error. I deleted an re-added Fidelity to Simplifi several times, but always had the same problem.

But starting on Dec 21 or 22, Simplifi no longer adds my Fidelity HSA. Other accounts are added, but not the Fidelity HSA.

Here's what happens:

I have the following Fidelity accounts:

1. A 401K from a previous employer with a positive balance.
    2. My Fidelity personal HSA.
    3. A 40K from another previous employer with a $0 balance.
    4. Some account from a previous employer from over 30 years ago with no balance.

When I now add Fideltiy to Simplifi, the following occurs:

1. I select Fidelity Inv & Retirement.
    2. I get an Add Account landing page that states Simplifi uses Intuit to Connect. I select Continue.
    3. I get an Authorization access required page and select Sign In.
    4. The Fidelity login page pops-up. I enter my Fidelity userid & password and select Login.
    5. I get the Fidelity User Agreement page and select the 2 checkboxes at the bottom and hit the I Agree button.
    6. I then get a Fidelity Manage Your Data page that lists the title of all 4 of my Fidelity accounts along with the last 4 digits of the account number, including the HSA account. I select all 4 accounts and hit Approve.
    7. I then get an Add Account page that only contains the option to only add my account #1 and #3, but not my HSA.

As a result, I can no longer add my Fidelity HSA to Simplifi.

Note that as a previous Mint user I am also trying-out Intuit Credit Karma. My Fidelity account at Credit Karma includes all accounts, including the HSA, and updates them successfully. I believe both Simplifi and Credit Karma both use the same API/interface to connect to Fidelity.

Answers to your questions:

1-The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.

It no longer appears, but it's name is 'Personal HSA'.

2-Confirm whether the account belongs to you or your spouse or a combination of.

It only belongs to me.

3-Confirm whether you have other Fidelity accounts in Quicken Simplifi that do not present the issue.

I have two other accounts that update successfully.

4-Confirm if the account has transactions in the last 90 days.

Yes - there are recent transactions since December 1

5-Confirm the flow you're experiencing on Quicken Simplifi — does the account get a red exclamation point next to it that shows a 324 error every time it refreshes with the bank, or is something else happening?

As stated above, originally I would have the same 324 error problem as reported by other people. But now my Fidelity HSA no longer gets added to Simplifi.

Please fix! Thanks.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, everyone!

I went ahead and got a ticket submitted for this and will let you all know when I hear back. One other thing — @apezam, @btsmith52, @meoge, and @mgloney, can you all submit your logs to us as well, please? I'd like to add them to the ticket. Please let me know once done.

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

@rjg5060, since you're no longer receiving the persistent 324 error, I didn't add you to the ticket. I'd suggest creating a separate post to outline the issue you're experiencing with being unable to add the accounts at all so it can receive individual attention. Let us know in this thread if the 324 error pops back up, though.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8528

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've sent my feedback via the web app

• miepm
    miepm Member
    Options

Hello @Coach Natalie, I am having the exact same problem as described by @apezam, @btsmith52, @meoge, and @mgloney and submitted my report through the Simplifi Web App following your instruction - report reference id is 412437809493014784. Can you please add my name to the ticket as well? Thanks!

• Eddie0272
    Eddie0272 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'm having the same issue with Fidelity HSA since migrating to the nb.fidelity.com connection. TBH, that connection isn't reliable and it was provided as a workaround. Simplifi needs to work on getting the direct connection to fidelity working like it was before the API change. Other services, like Empower which I use for financial tracking, are able to connect directly to fidelity. They don't show the HSA issue we are experiencing and transactions/net-worth is updated after business closing!

• btsmith52
    btsmith52 Member ✭✭
    Options

Feedback sent with reference id 412505017593456898. Thanks for your help

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@meoge & @btsmith52, thank you!

@Eddie0272, please see my comment here:

@miepm, we can certainly add you to the ticket, but we need the following details to do so:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Eddie0272
    Options

@Coach Natalie Thanks for the suggestion but the new connection I referred to is the Fidelity Inv and Retirements, also known as nb.fidelity.com .. This connection does not update transactions as fast as the previous connection to fidelity.com.. This new connection (nb.fidelity.com) is also creating problems with the HSA account.. Are there plans to connect back to fidelity.com and NOT the netbenefits portion of fidelity? Other providers like Empower connect to fidelity.com without problems, even after Fidelity updating their API. What's stopping Simplifi from doing so?

• rjg5060
    rjg5060 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie FYI - I created a new post this morning with info on being unable to add my Fidelity HSA at all. I'm not seeing it yet; hopefully it is waiting for approval. I'll continue to check and will let you know if it still is not available for viewing.

I tried adding my Fidelity HSA again today and it still does not appear as an account to add when I'm on step # 7 of the steps I outlined in my original post.

Thank you.

• rjg5060
    rjg5060 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie

I found my post and it can be found here:

Also, as a test I deleted my Fidelity accounts in Intuit Credit Karma and then re-added them. All of my Fidelity accounts were re-added, including my Fidelity HSA account. Since it appears Simplifi uses the same Intuit API for Fidelity as Credit Karma, I would expect that Simplifi should be able to add my Fidelity HSA.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Eddie0272, I think the delay you're referring to is outlined here, and it doesn't sound like we can do anything about it from our end: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8649018-important-update-fidelity-investments-connection-update

I hope the linked article helps to provide some clarity!

-Coach Natalie

• Eddie0272
    Options

Thank you @Coach Natalie

The article describes my problem.

I hope there is a fix soon as other personal finance tools do not have the same problem with Fidelity.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.