Import Account Balance History not working for Investment Accounts

Options
UrsulaA
UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited March 15 in Report a Bug

Thanks, Simplifi Team, for posting the support article. I attempted to import balance history to my two investment accounts with no success 4 days ago.

I tested an import to my two investment accounts again today per the support article.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8912157-how-to-import-account-balance-history

Note: If you're importing historical account balances into an Investment Account, you must initiate the import from a different account since the Import icon is not enabled in investment registers. You can then change the account to the Investment Account when following step 5 below, and this will bring your history into the Investment Account!

Result: I got the dialog saying the import was successful with the line count in the CSV file. However, my balances do not display in the net worth report.

The investment account balance import is not working.

I used a workaround to get the balance history for my investment accounts, which involved creating two manual accounts (one for each investment account) and then importing the balances to each manual account.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    Options

I tried this again and it did not work.

Result for my individual brokerage acccount

The CSV I used had values since 10/2022. The CSV successfully imported balance history to a manual non investment account.

My investment accounts are connected to Schwab (not manual).

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@UrsulaA, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing trouble with the Account Balance History Import!

Now that the Import button has been enabled in investing registers, I'd suggest giving it another try from the Investments > Transactions tab directly. If the issue persists, please contact our Support Team directly for more advanced assistance with troubleshooting this: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Coach Natalie. I tried again with no success using both Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge in private. I will need to reach out to support.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just chatted with support and sent feedback logs. Let's see how it goes.

Minter 2014-2023

• Smile and Dance
    Options

I'm experience the same. Import seems to succeed, but balances are not displayed in any reports. Version 1.61.114 Chromium: 120.0.6099.199 (Official Build) (arm64)

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Frustrating - contact support via the app chat and they will ask for info. Then, they can escalate the issue. I use the CSV template (non Mint) to import balances.

Minter 2014-2023

• Smile and Dance
    Options

I tried both CSV and Mint. Tried several times. I bet the data is there (now with multiple duplicates), but somehow being filtered out from the display. Likely being trapped b/c of some formatting error. If so, hopefully they will clean up the bad data for us early "testers", as there seems to be no way to see or edit the data on the front end.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have my investment balances imported to two dummy/manual non-investment accounts with names corresponding to the two real investment accounts I have. I was hoping the import would work so I can delete the two dummy accounts with historical balances.

Minter 2014-2023

• Smile and Dance
    Options

I saw that work around. I'm gonna wait until they fix the bug. Don't want to have to clean up the workaround. But good thinking!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    Options

More people are experiencing the same issue per Reddit. Hope a fix comes soon. I saw your post there too, @Smile and Dance

https://www.reddit.com/r/simplifimoney/comments/1aoigrf/historical_balances_for_investment_account/

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The discussion below seems related to my issue.

I just logged in and saw web app version 3.99.1 after clearing my cookies for the Simplifi app.

I am also pleased to inform you that I can see the balance history for both my investment accounts in the correct accounts as I imported them. I started with Simplifi on December 4, 2023.

My closed loan account also reflects the correct balance history. Thanks Simplifi team!

Minter 2014-2023

• Smile and Dance
    Options

Nice! Seems to work now for me too!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Great news! The mobile app is still pending the fix for this issue. My brokerage balances do not display on it yet.

Minter 2014-2023

• Brads16
    Brads16 Member
    Options

The import seems to work, but getting a weird result on the performance portion of the reporting.

Balance shows growth, but the performance is negative, which is incorrect.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ther performance calculations are wacky in Simplifi. I do not use them. If I want performance, I look at the broker site.

Minter 2014-2023

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yea, I wouldn't rely on any source except the brokerage to provide performance numbers. I appreciate that Simplifi at least ingests investment transactions even though I think the transactions could use some tweaks. I look forward to being able to export these transactions!

• Smile and Dance
    Options
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

From a comment from Coach Natalie, the mobile app will be fixed once the app gets the next update. The app stores take a bit of time to approve updates.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Brads16, I'd suggest creating a new post for the issues you're seeing with Performance Over Time if you'd like to do some troubleshooting. Alternatively, you can contact our Support Team directly for more advanced assistance.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options

I updated the mobile app today to the latest version 4.18.1. I uninstalled the prior app version, restarted my phone, and installed the new app version. The investment account balance history is not fixed yet. Can you comment @Coach Natalie @Coach Kristina please? I use an LG Velvet with Android 10.

@Hari Palat was also checking on this for iOS, I do not know if the historical balances show up in the Apple mobile app properly.

@Smile and Dance do you see the mobile app fix applied after installing the latest version?

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, thanks for letting me know!

Please see my comment here and follow the steps/provide the requested info (we will track the mobile issue in that thread):

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.