Coinbase no longer connects due to a 103 error (edited)

Options
2»

Comments

• RJM
    RJM Member
    Options

coach Natalie,

Please note that there is an open ticket ticket T-11004189 and someone is looking at that issue. You may want to follow up on the ticket support activity. That may have some additional information

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@RJM, thanks!

I went ahead and reopened the ticket using your case as an example, so you'll now want to follow the Alert for updates on the known issue:

For anyone else experiencing an FDP-103 error with Coinbase after waiting the required 48 hours, please provide the requested information so we can add you to the ticket:

1. If the error is occurring on an existing bank account in Quicken Simplifi, the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the FDP-103 error in Quicken Simplifi (please expand the message at the top so you can capture the full message with the error code).
    3. A screenshot of the API Keys page from Coinbase's website that shows the date and time for when the Key was generated.
    4. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (please redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Please also provide your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks, everyone!

-Coach Natalie

• captainkeithy
    captainkeithy Member
    Options

coinbase doesn't give us an API secret anymore. It’s now giving us an “API Key” and an “EC Private Key”

are people still able to create api keys with secrets anymore? When I go to that website it’s redirecting me to the coinbase developer platform.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@captainkeithy, thanks for posting!

Another user posted these steps here:

1. Go to Coinbase.com
    2. Sign into your account
    3. Click on the profile button in the top right hand corner
    4. Go to "My Preferences"
    5. Look for the tab for "API"
    6. Click on "Create & Manage API Keys with Coinbase Developer Platform"
    7. You are directed to a brand new developer portal.
    8. Click on API keys.
    9. Generate a new type of oAuth compatible API key/secret.

Let us know if this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• captainkeithy
    captainkeithy Member
    Options

right. As noted in that post though, keys created through that process do NOT work. Only the keys generated from the old platform work (for now). Any customers like me who are just now trying to connect a coinbase account will not be able to until this is fixed.

Straight from the developer platform “Keys created on the Coinbase Development Platform (CDP) may not yet be supported by all third-party applications.”

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@captainkeithy, thanks for posting back!

Although we appreciate the information, at this time, we'll need to have users follow the API Key and Secret process and wait the required 48 hours from generating the Key and Secret before connecting in Quicken Simplifi. If doing so doesn't allow you to connect, we would then be able to review your case for escalation. Until we find out otherwise from our service provider, these are the connection steps to follow from our end.

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Coach Natalie

• captainkeithy
    captainkeithy Member
    Options

ok. I will create a new one and wait the 48 hours and report back.

• minx
    minx Member
    edited April 29
    Options

Coinbase has changed from a key/secret to an elliptic curve private key provided as a JSON structure with the key name and PEM-encoded private key. While the old API still technically works, it is not working with Simplifi. When will Quicken be updating to support the new Coinbase API key format?

My previously working accounts won't even sync anymore. I continue to get errors even after putting in the old API key and secret.

The new format has API key name and API key (it isn't labeled as secret anymore and has the additional info that others have posted above). This is how it looks now. Don't worry, I have deleted this API. This is why telling people to reconnect isn't going to work. I don't know why the old ones don't work as they are still supported in theory.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@minx, thanks for the info!

At this time, we'd need you to generate the API Key and Secret and then allow 48 hours before connecting in Quicken Simplifi with that Key and Secret. If the FDP-103 error persists after doing so, we'd then be able to escalate your case.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• captainkeithy
    captainkeithy Member
    Options

mine did not work. As Minx referenced above, there is no way to create a new API Key anymore on their end. It’s an entirely new method. I created one with the new process, waited over 72 hours, Input the “private key” where the old secret would go with no luck (of course).

• geekay
    geekay Member
    Options

There is no way to create an API key like @captainkeithy mentioned. The new structure is a PEM-encoded private key like @minx posted above.

@Coach Natalie, this will probably need work by eng. and product teams to update the Coinbase integration.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@captainkeithy, it sounds like we need to get you added to the ticket. To do so, please provide the following data:

1. If the error is occurring on an existing bank account in Quicken Simplifi, the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the FDP-103 error in Quicken Simplifi (please expand the message at the top so you can capture the full message with the error code).
    3. A screenshot of the API Keys page from Coinbase's website (or whatever page you now access) that shows the date and time for when the Key was generated.
    4. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (please redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    5. Any other proof you can provide of the new process you're outlining so I can share it with the team.

Please also provide your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

@geekay, feel free to chime in on this too, but we will need you to wait the 48 hours.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• NickM
    NickM Member
    Options
  • captainkeithy
    captainkeithy Member
    Options

I don’t see the point in me sending private information for an issue that clearly has nothing to do with my specifically

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.