What features will make watchlists perfect for you?

Options

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL… I did something like this for Savings Goals but didn't think to include the various SG feature requests in the post like you did.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DannyB your post is thorough, objective, and balanced. I want the requests I listed above 😊, so I am a bit more partial.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Funny this is your least requested feature, but this would be my first pick by far. It would provide a convenient way to track investment income.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good point. My recurring series track my income well now but when I stop working and relying more on investment income, an income watchlist will be important.

Minter 2014-2023

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think what @RockLee and @bleen are suggesting is in addition to tracking expenses it would be nice to also choose an income watchlist that would accurately show income as positive. Currently Watchlists are designed for expenses which inverts income. I would also like to see an income specif watchlist option.

I also have have a “Net Income Watchlist in which I track all income and all expenses that’s pretty nifty except net positive shows as negative and net negative shows as positive. Of course this usage is not what Watchlist are currently designed for.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I also have a net income watchlist and it will be nice to see that as positive.

Minter 2014-2023

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ahh, actually… I am mistaken when I was thinking that all income didn't work, but after messing with it I see that anything from a brokerage doesn't work in that all the metrics are zero such as "monthly average" "total", etc…

I could live with negative values, even though it would be nice to flip the orientation, but again a watchlist can't be created for something like dividends out of a brokerage, everything just shows up a zeros :(.

Maybe this is something that will happen as they improve the "Investments" section.

This discussion has been closed.