We would like progress updates on Apple Card (edited)

Options
Kuhzah
Kuhzah Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Feedback

your chief online-only money app (the green one) Has had Apple for a long time,

what is Apple's reason for not letting Simplify get the Apple Card transactions?

I say "reason" because I already know "the product team is aware of the problem and working on it."

We would like progress updates, or at least some detail on the roadblock, not the standard answer.

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Kuhzah,

Thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately, there is no further information to provide on support for Apple Card in Simplifi. Once information does become available, we'll be sure to post an update here:

In the meantime, you may consider contacting the bank directly to request that they allow downloads for Simplifi and/or Quicken. Also, to clarify, Mint is an Intuit product, not a Quicken product like Simplifi is (I'm assuming this is what you're referring to above).

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you want progress updates, you should be asking Apple, not Simplifi.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• SimpliUser
    SimpliUser Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I signed up for an account with Simplfi since Mint is going away. Lack of Apple Card is a significant deal breaker for me as I use this card for a majority of my transactions. Lack of integration here will likely result in a significant loss of existing revenue from members who already exist, and an opportunity loss in revenue from those migrating from Mint who use Apple Card.

In my experience (Product Management), knowing that Mint has an integration with Apple Card, this means the technology feasibility already exists. This is simply on Quicken to build this integration.

Mint CEO Eric Dunn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericdunn1/) recently extended an empty welcome to Mint users ( https://www.quicken.com/blog/author/ericdunn/#:~:text=A%20Warm%20Welcome%20to%20Mint%20Users%20from%20Eric%20Dunn%2C%20Quicken%20CEO&text=As%20CEO%20of%20Quicken%20Inc,who%20has%20been%20using%20Mint. ) likely with the goal of attempting to convert these freemium users to Simplifi to increase revenue. Eric needs to understand that his community of users are being de-valued and feel ignored by his leadership team here. Apple Card should of been factored in prior to the migration attempt from Mint in my opinion.

This forum doesn't appear to be making a difference here. It may be worth reaching out to members of Eric's team directly on LinkedIn or X. This requires the attention of an executive for prioritization, otherwise this may not see the light of day anytime soon.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Periodic reminder: It's remotely possible that the Apple card does not connect to any of the services (besides Mint) out there; that's what I've been reading here. You can say you'll leave here because it's not supported, which is fine, but don't expect to find it anywhere else either. BTW: The banks (as I've read) have to agree to participate AND pay a fee to be included, I guess Apple is the one not interested. Maybe find a different card? I understand totally that they give Apple Card to people with poor credit (I got one like 3 months after a bankruptcy in 2018), but if you build up credit you can get a better card from another bank.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29 Answer ✓
    Options

Adding Apple card to Simplifi is more on Apple's hands than Simplifi's. Check out the links below.

Apple card users can ask for connections below.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

https://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-pay.html

Apple's community post about personal finance apps. Simplifi is not the only one with challenges.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255277221?sortBy=best

Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't have a horse in this particular race - don't have Apple Card - but I've gotta say that Simplifi (specifically @Coach Natalie ) has been exceedingly responsive with the FREQUENT requests for Apple Card updates. I get it that if your main card isn't supported yet, that's horrendously ANNOYING and that nothing short of adding it will appease you, but I compiled a ROUGH log of Coach Natalie's status updates. I'm positive that I missed some from 2023, but I didn't have the time to do a really thorough search.

• August 29, 2023
    • June 27, 2023
    • May 26, 2023
    • September 2022
    • July 2022
    • June 2022
    • May 2022
    • April 2022
    • March 2022
    • January 2021

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For the record, I actually went ahead and CLOSED my SECOND LOWEST APR credit card because they didn't support simplifi.

Also, interesting enough, Apple Pay works with other cards besides Apple Card, so you can continue to have the benefits of Apple Pay while using just about any card out there.

I think I posted somewhere, the bank behind apple card (Goldan Sachs), last i heard, was still looking to get rid of Apple card - so if it's potentially a card near death, why put the effort into supporting it? (see : https://www.macrumors.com/2023/07/25/apple-goldman-sachs-apple-card-issues/ )

Rob Wilkens

• Chris
    Chris Member ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, it definitely seems like the issue is Apple/Goldman Sachs, not Simplifi. I spent way too much time setting up a budget and bills through 'the other app' that I can connect my Apple Card to only to find out it doesn't subtract both bills and budgets from your income to provide a full picture of what you actually have leftover to spend for the month. Seems pretty pointless to me. So, now I'm considering using a different account/card for everyday spending. I don't want to because I'm interested in Savings through Apple Card, but 'the other app' pales in comparison - Simplifi is hard to quit.

• mjgtwo
    mjgtwo Member
    Options

Hello! I just started using your application but unfortunately my primary credit card is the Apple credit card. I'm commenting on this thread to voice that I would really appreciate a 3rd party integration with Apple's credit card so I can see my credit usage there, as well as transaction history.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@moneyhound I don't have an apple card, however, I will note I think Simplifi uses Intuit (mint's parent company, and former Quicken parent company) to provide at least some of their bank connection technology. So, in theory, if mint can support it, you would think Quicken Simplifi could. The only thing would be if Intuit for some reason didn't share their connection for this bank with Quicken Simplifi for some reason.

Rob Wilkens

• Peter66
    Options

Mint.com supports it for a while, so what's the hold up? that's a huge gap and makes me re-think if I extend my trial into a paid plan.

• buckfrazier
    Options

Also curious, there was no trial period, so I've paid for a service that is worse than the free one. Along with Fidelity being broken this is a sub-par product.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Free one? You mean mint? It's shutting down. Source :

Mint, One of the First Budgeting Apps, Is Shutting Down https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/03/business/mint-app-closing-intuit.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

Rob Wilkens

• Bobsilver
    Options

yeah but his point was that the free Mint had better capabilities than the paid product. I am trial Simplifi and frankly disappointed with its connectivity to Fidelity, Apple, CIT Bank etc. all of which work great in Mint. Wish someone would takeover Mint. It is great.

• dollarbydollar
    Options

Throwing my support as a paying customer for this important feature to be automatically supported in Simplifi. Thank you.

• ganiden
    Options

Adding my request (newly paying Simplifi customer) to support live connection to my Apple Card account. I use it extensively and really appreciated it being supported in my previous financial app.

• junofirst
    Options

Something that is critical for me as well if I were to continue to use Simplifi.

• REV-RV
    Options

Same here, long time Quicken Classic user and evaluating Simplifi to change starting Jan. 1st. Just found out that the Apple Card cannot be added, only CSV import? Hard to believe and VERY disappointing, get with the program here Simplifi! May have to cancel my Simplifi account and stay with Quicken unless Apple Card support is added.

• random
    random Member ✭✭
    Options

I really didn't want to start a NEW discussion but all the other ones I found were closed.. yet I still would like to know, if no support I will look elsewhere after my trial. THX

• AskMartin
    Options

Adding on…I have been using the Apple Card as my "primary" purchasing tool since 2019 and also use Mint for YEARS - after moving from Quicken Desktop. I was thrilled when Mint finally added and Apple and I believe the API used is Yodlee (link below). But I painfully extracted all my historical Apple data on my iPhone, AirDroped to my MAC and then imported all in Simplifi Web. So technically I have Apple - but one month behind since there is not way to extract current month transactions for import.

So I am not sure that this issue is with Apple since they support Yodlee with Mint. And I suspect Simplifi uses the Yodlee API for other financial institutions.

So, @Simplifi , how we we get you, Apple (Goldman Sachs), and Yodlee together to solve this issue?

https://solutions.yodlee.com/09192014_Enterprise_API_LP.html

• egibson
    Options

Mint integrates with Apple Card, but Quicken Simplifi doesn’t. Aren’t they both owned by Intuit? The solution offered on multiple posts to manually download and import the transactions is unacceptable.

I just signed up for Simplifi as a replacement for Mint. I’ll be canceling and requesting a refund if this is not resolved soon.

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

No, Intuit and Quicken are two different companies.

Mint was the only budgeting service granted access by Apple. Others are waiting to add Apple, including Quicken. I would also like to see the Apple Card added. Complain to Apple!

• guipace
    Options

+1 for Apple Card in Simplifi. This should be priority number one before any other new features!

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They are not the same company.

However, interestingly, Quicken Simplifi uses (for most users) connections to financial institutions provided by Intuit. When a connection is down on an Intuit site, it is often similarly down in Quicken Simplifi.

That's why it kind of surprises me that Mint had any connections that aren't on Quicken Simplifi.

Rob Wilkens

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭
    Options

Apple was able to sync with MINT. Why not Simplifi???

• TankerAce
    Options

Thank you for finding and sharing this information! Simplifi team, please look into this.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

IF Mint supported Apple Card, Why the heck can't it be fixed in Quicken
    Simplifi? Your AI sent me to a closed thread to request support for Apple Card

• Budgetier
    Options

We've heard conflicting information on where the issue lies. Could someone from the Simplifi team help provide some transparency so we can identify the issue? Most people would take the transparency over quicker results because there is always going to be an issue somewhere.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, please see my comment here:

Since Apple Card has not made aggregation available to us, we suggest contacting them directly to share your experience. You can send them the OFX Connectivity link so they can request access from our Service Provider: https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just switched from Mint to Simplifi and I have been very happy with the support and additional features. Extremely good value in my opinion. The only problem is while Mint supported Apple Card, Simplifi does not. Support said they were waiting on Apple's approval for Simplifi when I asked if Mint developers were smarter than Simplifi developers. Not sure what the holdup is but I would think Apple Card holders would be leaving if the card does not get supported. I will give them a year. Any information