Limited Transaction Categorizing Rule

Options
MM123
MM123 Member ✭✭

I believe that Simplifi would benefit from increased flexibility in categorizing rules, which would allow for greater automation. Currently, if I want to categorize all Geico transactions as insurance bills, I have to complete two steps. First, I must create a transaction rename rule to make all transactions appear EXACTLY the same and then select that transaction to create a category rule.

It would be useful to create rules based on the amount (or range of amounts) and the account combinations. For example, all Zelle transactions under $50 posted to a specific account should be categorized as Shared Groceries, while Zelle transactions of $4500 should be categorized as House Rent. Another example is I have no way to create a rule for all transactions in a certain account, say DC FSA account to be categorized as transfer or to be hidden from spend plan reports.

I believe that improving the automation of categorization would significantly enhance Simplifi's usefulness as a tool for tracking expenses and organizing finances.

Comments