Transferred From Mint

Marissa
Marissa Member
edited September 6 in Feedback

I used Mint for years and absolutely loved it. It felt intuitive and gave me all the information I needed to manage my day to day spending.

So far I hate Simplifi. It shows me way too much information at once without giving me the information I need on a daily basis. Some examples:

• The list of accounts shows all 20 something of my student loans plus my car plus my house plus my spending accounts. I don't need these all to be listed when trying to categorize transactions.
  • I have to click 4 buttons to filter by each account when categorizing transactions
  • I appreciate seeing my monthly income after bills and saving but I liked the mint feature of adding my bills as categories for planned spending as well without the projected amount counting against me twice. Further example: my electric bill changes but is a consistent bill. Having it in the planned spending, I can easily see how I am doing compared to my average, build in a buffer to roll over for the higher months, and save for quarterly/yearly bills. (I've read a number of post of people complaining about this and none of the responses remotely helped because the responders didn't fully understand what the poster was complaining about)
  • Planned spending is listed as a negative number. Just Why?
  • The spending plan doesn't show my over all monthly progress towards my planned spending. The reality of my spending doesn't perfectly match my plan. I might plan to spend $100 on alcohol but end up only spending $50 and instead spend $100 at a restaurant instead of $75 — for these two categories I'd have spend $150 but my available amount still counts it as $175.
  • Adding to savings goals is so clunky. Why can't I click on a transfer to my savings account in the transactions tab and mark it as part of my goal? I also haven't found where I can see a list of all my contributions and the date I made them.

It's better than nothing but I find myself not utilizing the service because I don't quickly and easily see a snapshot of how my spending is going for the month and it takes too much time to categorize transactions. At this rate I'll probably go back to my super old excel document when my subscription ends.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.