We would like progress updates on Apple Card (edited)

Options

Answers

• grangej
    grangej Member
    Options

So because not everyone on Simplifi can have something that would save tons of time, no one should have it? 🙄

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

A partial rollout (synch through iPhone only) will be better than nothing for Apple Card synch. Then, the rest of the integration with web app and Android can follow. Let's see what happens.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• random
    random Member ✭✭
    edited March 7
    Options

I'm another AppleCard user who has already got sync working with another accounting app [removed] via my iPhone, works great! I really want to keep using Simplifi, I realize this option just became available but multiple others got it on day 1… I will have to move on if Simplifi doesn't get this working within a week or ASAP. BTW, 99% of people who have AppleCard have an iPhone, otherwise, it's almost unusable so I don't see all the Android fud.

• mdleighty
    mdleighty Member
    edited March 7
    Options

[removed] has it working too

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7
    Options

I would suggest you do as I have done, let Apple know you are limiting use of apple card until you can connect with Simplifi. Just about any card works with your Apple Wallet and you can select that card as the default. About all I use Apple Card for is purchases from Apple because of the extra discount. You get the same security protection of tokens sent instead of card numbers being sent over the internet for any card in your Apple Wallet. You can pay with your Apple Watch or iPhone and Apple Pay using any major credit or debit card.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

as @random noted Apple Card without an iPhone or iPad can only use the Apple Card at Apple Stores and the online Apple Store. I see no reasons Simplifi can't offer Apple Card using iPhone verification. iPhone sign up is very quick and simple with face reconization and a onetime action that should transfer to Quicken Simplifi on the web.

• CMKal
    CMKal Member
    Options

Since this thread was merged it is evident that Quicken is aware of FinanceKit in iOS 17.4. Therefore the obvious question is whether Simplifi is technically able to implement this. Is there any method where community members can advocate for a hi there higher priority for the exploration and hopeful implementation of this new feature?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think it's a matter of whether it's technically possible, of course it is. There's the fact that they may just be becoming aware of this now, the fact that this only affects a subset of all users, and the fact that development time costs money to support a particular financial institution (something the ~$3-4/month might not cover depending on the number of users), and from what I heard, usually the financial institution funds the support because it's a value-add to their business.

I don't work for Simplifi (or anyone else!) so they may have a desire to invest in Apple Card support that I'm not aware of.

Rob Wilkens

• random
    random Member ✭✭
    edited March 8
    Options

Hey Simplifi, when implementing Apple Card sync… It would be VERY useful if you could also import the 'Purchased By' field that Apple provides in their csv statement downloads, maybe as a Tag or Note! Hope it's possible! 

( In my case, I share the Apple Card with my wife and our 18-year-old son, who wanted to start creating credit… So at the end of the month, I need to bill his share.)

BTW, Thanks for the link above UrsulaA!

• Forteleza
    Forteleza Member
    edited March 10
    Options

Hi! I am currently a Mint user but have been looking at Simplifi as my replacement app. Please advise if you will have the new Apple Card API working in Simplifi before the March 24, 2024 Mint expiration date? I would love to begin using Simplifi at that time with it capable of updating Apple Card transactions in real-time. Many have requested it and now it is here.

https://techcrunch.com/2024/03/06/apple-releases-a-new-api-to-fetch-transactions-from-apple-card-and-apple-cash/

[Merged Post]

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10
    Options

Just another Mint transfer and speculating but I think it's possible. Even if it's later and you have not transferred done so, I would encourage you to setup up a manual Apple Card and import now and do an imported statement for March. Running a month behind for a few months on your Apple Card is a small price to pay for all the benifits of Simplifi. When you are depending on Apple, and a banker to share their APIs, it's hard to give a date.

[Merged Post]

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Forteleza and @N4KHQ,

I merged your request with the main discussion. For updates, when available, please bookmark this discussion and this request:

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• jason_2024
    Options

I have just come over from Mint and I am very surprised that I can't sink my Apple account with Simplifi. I believe that most if not all other financial applications can do that. Please advise when this will be fixed.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Apple just released a capability to connect to other third party financial apps last week. Mint was the only one that had a direct synch. https://9to5mac.com/2024/03/05/ios-17-4-lets-budgeting-apps-easily-access-apple-card-cash-and-savings-data/

Minter 2014-2023

• RRaj
    RRaj Member
    edited March 13
    Options

When are we going to be able to integrate apple credit card and savings account? Majority of my transactions are on the apple credit and it makes no sense to have to pull those transactions in manually.

• DMcWetty
    DMcWetty Member ✭✭
    edited March 14
    Options

I’ve narrowed down my Mint replacement down to Simplifi and another [removed] app.

Simplifi has the edge, but I am loving the Apple Card, zillow, and VIN integration on that other platform that shall not be named. I have about 20 days left to decide on the trials… I’m hoping Simplifi pulls ahead soon!

• DMcWetty
    DMcWetty Member ✭✭
    Options

Really… “kingly” is a no-no word here??

I feel like I’m at The Ministry of Magic.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not the word, it's that your writing "burger king(sly) name on Wendy"s walls).. there is a no soliciting policy, anything that sounds like an ad for another product will probably be removed"..

Rob Wilkens

• DMcWetty
    DMcWetty Member ✭✭
    edited March 14
    Options

Funny that “Mint” didn’t get censored.

I’m not soliciting anything… but ok. I guess I’ve made my decision.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mint is going to shut down in 9 days, so that one does not get censored. Best of luck.

Minter 2014-2023

• Beau1k
    Beau1k Member
    Options

the competition is already on it what’s more important than this @ quicken!?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Things they do to support apple card benefit a subset of their users, where they may find features that benefit all of their users are more important. There's like 1,500+ credit cards out there, this is just one of them.

Someone said Apple card support is a priority, though, and being worked on.

Rob Wilkens

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

Mint was the only financial app Apple allowed for integrate. I am thinking Mint's demise is bring a lot of Apple Card users to Simplifi. @UrsulaA posted a Quicken Tweet saying "coming (very) soon". Apple chose 3 competitors to test the release and it appears Quicken learned of the option to integrate about the time information was posted on this community. Like all integration, Simplifi must wait on Apple approval and documentation. I'm very pretty sure it coming soon but soon is months not days when it comes to development. Feel free to correct my un-researched speculation.

• random
    random Member ✭✭
    Options

ping… 🤞

• Stella
    Stella Member ✭✭
    edited March 21
    Options

Simplifi can you add the feature to sync with Apple Card ASAP for your users? Since the new iOS release, [removed] can sync with Apple Card through the iPhone app now. Your paid users desperately need this!!

• TommyG007
    TommyG007 Member
    edited March 22
    Options

I WAS a Mint user for many years. Upon notice that they were closing Mint I began the search for a new personal accounting software tool. Of the ones I’ve tried, I’ve been most happy with Simplifi.

Why Simplifi? Because it was pretty easy to set up and supported almost all my financial accounts. I also loved its portability from one Apple device to another - my iPhone, my iPad, my iMac all worked well with Simplifi. An unexpected bonus is the speed the web app has going from one area to another. Bravo Simplifi team!

My only disappointment is that although the Apple Credit Card is supported manually and with a fairly easy to use export/import scheme it is not synchronized automatically like Mint previously did.

I had hoped that Simplifi would add Apple Card support once Mint closed down. Others, including [removed], are now supporting Apple Card auto synching. [removed] also supports Apple Cash, and Apple Savings.

The reason this is important to my family is that my wife and I use the Apple Credit Card for 95% of our transactions - from utility payments to lunch at MickeyD’s. We have over 125 transactions per month between our two cards. Waiting for the end of the month and then exporting statements and importing them into Simplifi is not practical if I want to know the status of my accounts and categories (against budgets) on a daily or weekly basis. Adding each transaction by hand is not easy with 125+ per month.

Apple and Goldman Sachs must have opened up the ability for other software folks like YNAB so PLEASE Quicken Simplifi please add the ability to add Apple Credit Card, Apple Cash, and Apple Savings to Simplifi. I’d even pay MORE if you would add Apple Card, report printing, tax prep (get ready for TurboTax or H&R Block), and updates from Zillow and Kelly Blue Book. Call it Simplifi Pro and charge me a fair monthly or annual price.

Please don’t make me switch to [removed]. I love Simplifi.

• random
    random Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi, it's been over 20 days since Apple opened up AppleCard sync to accounting apps, Any progress? THX! ✌️