Ability to contribute to Savings Goals from investment accounts [edited] (4 Merged Votes)

Options

Comments

• aburnett009
    aburnett009 Member
    edited March 5
    Options

This is a must have if the intent is to capture ex Mint users. Please add this!!!

• AirPirate509
    AirPirate509 Member
    Options

Retirement goal calculator is a must!

• Blueice89
    Blueice89 Member
    edited March 8
    Options
  • ameyzzin
    Options

LOL - Every account should be accessible for a Savings Goal. For Emergency I have my money split into a CD + Savings. I cannot couple them to see my goal, basic feature imho.

Also - Kids College fund I have 3 529 plans state , fidelity and vangaurd.

For - Personal Retirement I want to add my brokerage in the savings goal…

Please do something

• Excel
    Excel Member
    Options

Four years have passed and you can't implement this simple and yet common sense feature?

• bling
    bling Member
    Options

glad to hear it's being worked on. it'd be great to to have an option to get rid of the $ amount of the goal and make it more flexible like "invest 20% of my income" every month. that way you can project 20-30 years out and see how much you'll have for retirement assuming some rate of return.

• Karim Benbourenane
    Options

Hey team! This feature is an absolute must to implement, and you know you're going to have to sooner or later. I think it causes enough pain for enough users that it should probably be prioritized. I hope you bump this near the top during your developer meetings when discussing features to work on. Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, our product team is looking for a few users who would like us to enable the ability to contribute to Savings Goals from Investment Accounts to see how everything works and test it out for us before we release the feature to Early Access. Any takers?! 😀

-Coach Natalie

• dmal
    dmal Member
    Options

I’d be happy to test it out and provide feedback.

• bmcchesney19
    Options

yes, i would

• dr.atto
    dr.atto Member
    Options

please enable for me. thanks.

• arvind
    arvind Member
    Options

please add me as tester . I m developer myself and can contribute

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@dmal, @bmcchesney19, @dr.atto, @mwun, & @arvind, thank you! This ability has been enabled for all of you. Please DM me any feedback or issues you have. 😀

-Coach Natalie

• xnn7
    xnn7 Member
    Options

Ooh is it too late to be added as a tester, too? I've been tracking this issue for a while and would love to try it out, but also happy to wait for early access release. Glad this is being worked on!

• rjbcc58
    rjbcc58 Member
    Options

Hey @Coach Natalie I would love to be part of the beta as well if possible!

Thanks

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@xnn7 & @rjbcc58, I have sent your info over.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• KP_9
    KP_9 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie, I'd also like to beta test this feature if there's still room for new testers (no problem if not). Excited to see this feature in flight!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@KP_9, I sent your info over as well! I'm not sure if they're still adding people for testing, so I'd suggest just keeping an eye out for Investment Accounts to be listed when contributing to a Savings Goal.

-Coach Natalie

• xnn7
    xnn7 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Just flagging I was added to testing and have been able to add my investment account to a new savings goal and am trying things out. Thanks so much for working on this feature! Is there any particular place we should send feedback?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@xnn7, you can DM it to me for now. 😀

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can I be added to this test? @Coach Natalie

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, sent!

-Coach Natalie

• arvind
    arvind Member
    Options

thanks for adding me as tester .

Issues

1. When setting up a goal, I can't include multiple accounts for initial contributions. If I add funds from one account and later contribute from another account, selecting "subtract from spending plan" leads to a negative balance in my spending plan for the current month.
    2. Investment account balances fluctuate daily, but my saving goals don't adjust accordingly when the balance decreases. I believe there should be an option for automated deductions based on the current balance, as well as an option for fixed contributions.

• dmal
    dmal Member
    Options

Yes @arvind I had the same issues in testing. Decided not to continue using the feature, particularly due to #2 which in my opinion is the whole point of contributing from investments.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@arvind, thanks for the feedback!

To clarify, this request is for the ability to contribute to Savings Goals from Investment Accounts, meaning that when you select to contribute to a Goal, Investment Accounts will be listed as available to contribute from. This does not include automatic contributions or anything along those lines.

For the features you mentioned, I'd suggest checking out these posts:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• arvind
    arvind Member
    edited April 10
    Options

thanks @Coach Natalie .

Regarding my previous point #2, while I acknowledge it's not currently part of the feature set, could it be considered given that it addresses a critical use case for saving based on investment accounts?

So the ask is Saving goal should reflect exactly the balance of the investment account instead of manually contributing to the goal

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This feature is active for me. I entered savings goals for each of my retirement accounts. The feature is working as expected. Thanks @Coach Natalie !

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• SimpliJSHL
    SimpliJSHL Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie could I also be added as a tester?