Add Zillow to Track Property Value (2 Merged Votes)

Options

Comments

• Adam14342
    Adam14342 Member ✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA Thanks for clarifying, we'll see soon enough.

• twright6
    twright6 Member
    Options

Then either you and I have VERY different needs, or you have never tried Mint or at least in the last year. Mint isn't/wasn't perfect, but FAR fewer issues than this product, IMHO.

• Ger
    Ger Member
    Options

Hey folks. I’ve been here since the beginning. This is a 5 yr old feature request. If it was going to happen, it would have done so already. Obviously something is preventing them from implementing it. If it is that important to have Zillow then keep moving, this is not your Mint replacement. There’s at least two other apps out there that have it already, no waiting or whining necessary.

• Adam14342
    Adam14342 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Ger You're probably right. This 5 year old thread has put a bad taste in my mouth. I'm reviewing other options now.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow… just… wow.

Home values for the most part are pretty stable and auto devalue at a fairly stable rate, like somewhere around 20% the first year and around 15%/year for the next 5 years. Not sure having Zillow or KBB value updates is worth the energy of this conversation… but hey what do I know?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wonder how many people requesting this feature have multiple properties (rentals) that they need to track manually instead of having a Zillow feed. I see that the need can be more pressing for someone who owns two to over ten rental properties with associated mortgages.

For someone just owning one property/home, tracking manually every quarter or year is not too bad.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Archie
    Archie Member ✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA This is not a Mint issue, and there was rarely any issue that was ever posted. The Zillow API is fairly easy to use, it's insane that this has not been implemented.

@DannyB Even though stable, it is the biggest equity mover in most people's portfolio. 20% first year could mean a $200k swing on a $1m property total. I would be mad if I had a $1m in a stock portfolio and have to go in to update monthly. The point of having these finance tracker is automation, and to tell people that they need to track manually defeats the purpose. Might as well tell people to go use excel.

• Archie
    Archie Member ✭✭
    edited January 24
    Options

There's other features that I also want, but to come into other "requests" and try to devalue them in front of everyone that is requesting is a little suspicious.

I update my home value bi-weekly. Home value does not only update monthly, it has a strong correlation with interest rate.

For example, large swing when interest went to 2-3% and more large daily swings when it was climbing to 7-8%.

It is much more apparent in large metro areas.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    Options

@Archie - Do you update your home value monthly? Does anyone here do that? A stock portfolio has assets that change in value daily, properties do not do the same.

Anyway, per my prior comment, this feature is coming.

Minter 2014-2023

• Archie
    Archie Member ✭✭
    edited January 24
    Options

Yes, I do update them, and I update them bi-weekly.

Pricing of properties may be more sticky, but they correlate strongly with interest rate, which can update daily.

Maybe you didn't see what happened to prices in metro areas when interest for 30 years fixed dropped to around 2-3% then bounced up to around 7-8%.

I can see that I wouldn't want to prioritize this feature either if I was renting in a rural area and owned no properties.

Anyway, this feature has been "coming" for a while now. Thanks for your response.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Archie - thanks for explaining why your need is more pressing. If I see another update in Reddit by Simplifi moderators about this, I will post it here.

Minter 2014-2023

• Archie
    Archie Member ✭✭
    edited January 25
    Options

Nice, my comment is disruptive but keeping this: [removed]

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    Options

@Archie point taken from this comment. @Coach Natalie - can you remove the last sentence [removed]

Minter 2014-2023

• GolfsMyGame
    GolfsMyGame Member
    Options

@Adam14342 no. Pretty much everybody wants this feature. 😉

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I want this feature too. But there are a dozen other features I want first.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Agreed. Plenty of other features that I would rather see. Sure, Auto-Zillow would be a nice feature, but do you really need to keep such a close eye on every price change of your property? Oh, the answer to that is no…

The main reason I would like Zillow integration to be done is to quiet down these ridiculous threads about it! 🙃

Quicken since 1995. Simplifi since 2023.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options

Yes I want this. Before that, I want more recurring choices and to save cash flow account chart selections, for example. Zillow integration comes after these and other cash flow affecting features for me.

Minter 2014-2023

• prudhvi70
    Options

Any updates regarding this feature?

• Archie
    Archie Member ✭✭
    Options

Kind of alarming to see how many members and superstar members come into this idea just to discredit others needs.

• Adam14342
    Adam14342 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Archie I agree, why do veteran members keep repeating they can do without this feature and or would like other features first. This is a very specific feature request thread for users who value Zillow integration. I've run across Reddit threads recently warning there are 'Loyalists' in these forums that will try to discredit your needs. Maybe some post-purchase rationalization at play?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options

No need to be alarmed. I want the feature and upvoted it. It is just a matter of priorities for me.

I am a relatively new user, started in November of last year.

Also, the Zillow feature is coming later this year. I understand others have different priorities and I dug out the post below for the concerned users.

Minter 2014-2023

• Vigs33
    Vigs33 Member
    Options

Still crickets from Quicken.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Crickets? In what way? It's stated point blank on the first post that this feature implementation is in progress.

Anthony Bopp

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Status was updated on February 8, first page of this discussion.

Minter 2014-2023

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Speaking of obvious things, it's pretty easy to notice that this forum is littered with posts critical of Q-Simplifi that have never been deleted.

Sorry you think that helpful posts are toxic. Hope you have better luck with other products.

Anthony Bopp

• Archie
    Archie Member ✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options

Thanks for your helpful input @ajbopp!

There is also a functionality to see how many people and who likes and dislikes a post.

I would take that into account prior to replying.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can only see how many dislikes and off topics you get, not who gave you a dislike or off topic rating. You can see who gave you a thumbs up/like or a LOL.

Minter 2014-2023

• Archie
    Archie Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, so you can see that the only likes on just from page 7 from the Superusers are against this feature request.

Case 1. - Liked by UrsulaA

"If it is that important to have Zillow then keep moving, this is not your Mint replacement. There’s at least two other apps out there that have it already, no waiting or whining necessary."

Case 2. - Liked by UrsulaA

"Not sure having Zillow or KBB value updates is worth the energy of this conversation"

Case 3. - Liked by UrsulaA

"there are a dozen other features I want first."

Case 4. - Liked by UrsulaA and ajbopp

"The main reason I would like Zillow integration to be done is to quiet down these ridiculous threads about it!"

Case 5. - Liked by UrsulaA

"Sorry you think that helpful posts are toxic. Hope you have better luck with other products."

While the most liked comment on this page is "no. Pretty much everybody wants this feature." that none of the "Superusers" liked.

• Archie
    Archie Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, so you can see that the only likes on just from page 7 from the Superusers are against this feature request.

Case 1. - Liked by UrsulaA

"If it is that important to have Zillow then keep moving, this is not your Mint replacement. There’s at least two other apps out there that have it already, no waiting or whining necessary."

Case 2. - Liked by UrsulaA

"Not sure having Zillow or KBB value updates is worth the energy of this conversation"

Case 3. - Liked by UrsulaA

"there are a dozen other features I want first."

Case 4. - Liked by UrsulaA and ajbopp

"The main reason I would like Zillow integration to be done is to quiet down these ridiculous threads about it!"

Case 5. - Liked by UrsulaA

"Sorry you think that helpful posts are toxic. Hope you have better luck with other products."

While the most liked comments on this page is "no. Pretty much everybody wants this feature." that none of the "Superusers" liked.

This discussion has been closed.