Add Zillow to Track Property Value (2 Merged Votes)

Options

Comments

• htrow
    htrow Member
    Options

one more convert from Mint, and one more upvote for this. Is there an ETA for this feature? Bonus points to include % ownership (for TICs) and have the correct asset value be determined for net worth.

• whyme
    whyme Member
    Options

Please add this feature

• Thedude1980
    Thedude1980 Member ✭✭
    Options

This request was in 2019. They aren't going to do it. That's fine. Just say so and let us vote on things they might actually do. The lack of transparency sucks.

• SuperBoots
    SuperBoots Member ✭✭
    Options

How about a feature request for a feature on the feature request forum?

It would be nice if we could still cast votes on items when they're in the "planned" status, since there seems to be a big gap between "planned" and "In Progress" (potentially years it seems?)

• Adam14342
    Adam14342 Member ✭✭
    Options

Zillow and kbb help tie net worth all together vs manually having to review and update. Disappointing to see this request has been ongoing for so long with no action. You don't need an MBA to see ignoring this request is a mistake, especially with old Mint users like me evaluating Simplifi vs Monarch Money, which appear to be the best 2 options. Many users obviously see value in this simple feature. I do enjoy Simplifi more than Mint after using it for several weeks now tbh.

• thehouseqs
    Options

Adding to the pile here. I'm in the process of transferring away from Mint and not having the topic feature(s) for a paid product is preposterous. Get it together or lose out on a lot of transferring people.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@SuperBoots, thanks for the suggestion!

You'd want to create a separate request for your idea, such as what's been requested here and here for the Community. Since this request is for Zillow specifically, creating a separate request for your idea will allow other users to vote on it accordingly.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• htrow
    htrow Member
    Options

Hi Natalie, is there a way you can provide a periodic update (monthly?) on the status of planned/pending features? Thanks.

• Zsawaged
    Options

adding my vote

• EricH
    EricH Member
    Options

Really looking to see Zillow property value estimates integrated in Simplifi. Had that in Mint, so it's a definite feature gap.

I'm down to only 3 things I have to go update manually in Simplifi regularly (Zillow being one of them), so it's getting closer, but still a hassle I didn't need to deal with in Mint.

And of course I am paying for Simplifi now, vs. Mint was free, so...

Thanks

Eric

• SuperBoots
    SuperBoots Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I has assumed that the Planned status meant that it was a ticket in a backlog and not being worked on yet, and that In Progress or Active meant that a request was actually being worked on. Am I wrong about that?

• Adam14342
    Adam14342 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie SuperBoots makes a good point, what's the planned status of this Feature request mean? Is this feature being developed or just discussed at Quicken? Some kind of update would be appreciated.

• Thedude1980
    Thedude1980 Member ✭✭
    Options

I like Simplifi. But this isn't a strong point. They don't let you know anything besides under review. Might happen in 2 years.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @SuperBoots and @Adam14342,

Planned status means that the Idea is on the roadmap for future development. Our Product and Development teams do not provide ETAs, so I can't tell you when it will happen, just that they intend to implement it in the future.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• SuperBoots
    SuperBoots Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Kristina thank you for clarifying!

• Nlinesk8ter
    Options

I just joined and this is a deal breaker. I can get home value through Empower, a free service, I would have expected it with a paid service. Goodbye

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, we all have our priorities, I guess. 🤣

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I upvoted it, it is a nice to have. Not a deal breaker for me.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Adam14342
    Adam14342 Member ✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp with all due respect, I think you and Quicken are missing the point here. Adding this feature 'shouldn't' be a heavy lift for a paid product. It makes you wonder if it's a technical issue, overall money problem, greed, political, or laziness preventing it from happening. It would seem silly if Quicken refuses to pay zillow over x amount they require for the API connection with all the potentially new Mint users bringing in more revenue.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Per the Reddit post below by QuickenLee, moderator of the Simplifi Money Sub, Zillow integration is coming later this year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/simplifimoney/s/ABYBRMxohz - Main Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/simplifimoney/comments/18zaz7b/comment/kgi1q5b/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 - Comment on Zillow and Kelly Blue Book for cars

Minter 2014-2023

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    Options

@Adam14342 I suspect if Quicken pays money to other services, they will pass those costs on to the users… They're not a charity, and they're (unlike mint) not making money off your information/finances. My understanding, though, is that these features are coming. We just won't be told they're ready until they are ready. This is also not the only feature people have requested, if you didn't know, and not every user wants this feature. I personally would rarther see more recurring frequency options (i.e. every 4 weeks, 2nd tuesday, Last thursday ,etc), for me personally that would be more useful. [removed - disruptive]

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

@Adam14342 Or maybe, just maybe, it's a priority issue, weighing this against all the other things that need to be done or are desired by users to be done.

This is likely only a big deal to a small number of users. There are many other things impacting daily usage of the product that deserve higher priority than things that do not affect monthly cash flow at all.

Hey, I upvoted this idea too. I'd like to see it. But it's not exactly #1 on my priority list of things I want to see changed/added to this system. It's not even #25. There's a lot of things they can change/add that actually have an impact on my day-to-day usage.

Anthony Bopp

• Adam14342
    Adam14342 Member ✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp You realize this feature request thread started in 2019 right? Please do share what the other 24 features more important to you are. I think this is a polished product compared to Mint, and I really enjoy using it. Simpmlifi does pretty much everything I need besides zillow and kbb integration.

@RobWilk This is a paid product, how much extra do you think it's going to cost per user?

Both of you totally missed my point, this shouldn't be such a big deal and should have already been completed. I've voiced my desire and questioned why it hasn't been completed yet, but I have little hope it will be added considering it's been a feature request for 5 years now! lol

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Adam14342 https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussions?type%5B0%5D=Idea&sort=-score

We haven't missed your point, we just don't agree with it.

Given that we know this is planned for release in the next few months, your comment seems a little specious.

Anthony Bopp

• Adam14342
    Adam14342 Member ✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp please show me where it says it will be released within the next few months.

The links @UrsulaA posted have no dates, but maybe I misread? This thread has been saying it will be added soon for 5 years now lol.

It doesn't hurt for more people like myself to express their disire to have this feature.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

The initial post in Reddit said the updates will be done this year. The comment about Zillow had no specific date.

This request was tagged as planned on June 2023.

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.