Edited or Deleted Reminders Revert (edited)

Options
Brian23
Brian23 Member ✭✭
edited January 2 in Report a Bug

I have recurring transactions that show up as reminders across the top of my account. If I want to skip one of them, I select the triple dots and Delete Reminder. It goes away, but the next day it's back.

Same goes if I try to edit a specific reminder. For example, if the amount is different this month, I click the trip dots, and Edit Reminder. It seems to save, but the next day, it is back to the recurring amount.

I'm experiencing this on the desktop/web version. I don't use mobile because the Android app is unreliable and stops syncing regularly.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you delete a reminder, then later edit the series, all instances will come back after editing the series. This is by design, not a bug.

Rob Wilkens

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks @RobWilk , but that is not what is happening here. I am not editing the series, just the specific reminder. After reading through this forum, I see there are lots of others reporting this issue as well.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you -later- edit the series, the reminder comes back. I understand when you delete them you are not editing the series, but later you may or may not realize you're editing that series and that's when it comes back.

Other than that, things reset for me about once a month (manual edits are lost), but if it's happening every day it may be something you're doing.

Rob Wilkens

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello @Brian23,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that edited and deleted Reminders are reverting for you in Simplifi.

@RobWilk is correct that if you edit the associated Recurring Series after editing or deleting a Reminder, it can and will undo whatever changes you made. This has been discussed prior, specifically in the above-referenced bug reports, and is why this Idea post was created:

However, if this is not the case for you, then I'd definitely say that you're seeing a bug similar to what others have reported. I understand your frustration, and although this has been reported prior, I apologize that the solution offered to you by our Support Team was to use the Mobile App.

I also apologize for the frustration you experienced when posting to the Community. I believe @RobWilk was trying to help, as he has experienced this same behavior in the past and has some open bug tickets for it. At any rate, I did go ahead and delete or remove all of the unhelpful/argumentative parts of the discussion above so we can now focus on the matter at hand and get it reported.

To report this issue, please provide the following information:

1. The original Name, Date, Payee, and Amount of the Reminders in question. 
    2. What edits were made to the Reminders and when and/or what Reminders were deleted and when.
    3. When the edits or deletions were reverted.

Having a general timeline that outlines the specific Reminders, the changes that were made to the Reminders, when the changes were reverted, etc., will allow our team to locate these events in your logs. Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked and click Send

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Thank you for your willingness to help with this. I have sent the feedback as requested, however, the description box is limited to 255 characters so, I'll post the details here.

I have 4 reminder transactions showing in this screenshot for my checking account.

6/20 Chase $0.00; 7/5 Hannah XXXXX $20.00; 7/12 Hannah XXXXX . Every time that I am in Simplifi, I delete these individual reminders by clicking on the ellipses > Delete Reminder.

The next day when I open Simplifi, those transactions reappear. I have NOT edited the series to cause them to reappear.

Similarly, I have at least twice edited the Chase reminder for tomorrow (7/20) from $0.00 to $150.72.

But when I reopen Simplifi the next day, I see that it has reverted to the series default ($0.00). Again, I have NOT edited the series to cause this.

If you have access to look at the feedback, you'll see I submitted it twice. First was before I deleted/edited today. The second was after I made those deletions/edits today.

I hope this helps! Happy to continue to help troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Brian23,

Thanks for providing the requested information!

It looks like the full Names of some of the Reminders have been redacted. In order for our Product Team to locate these events in your logs, I will need to provide them with the full details. With that said, are the "Hannah" Reminders in your screenshot above all part of the same Series? If so, and if you have no other Recurring Series named "Hannah…", I can use the info provided. However, if these are all individual Recurring Series, we will need the full Names so they can be uniquely identified.

-Coach Natalie

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, @Coach Natalie ,

There is only one recurring series named "Hannah XXXX" setup for $20/week.

I'll send you the last name in a private message. Thanks so much!

• MTL
    MTL Member
    Options

I found that I can live without recurring reminders. To get rid of them you must DELETE the series. Now I just wish I could delete the card in the Dashboard.

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie , I sent another feedback report for your team because all of those deleted/edited reminders came back today.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Brian23,

That's perfect — now the logs will show all events!

I do need to gather a couple more pieces of info from you to escalate this, and I'm so sorry that I didn't ask for this prior:

1. The browser and version of the browser you're accessing Simplifi from.
    2. The OS of the computer you're accessing Simplifi from.

Once I get that data from you, I'll get a ticket submitted right away. 😊

-Coach Natalie

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie , no problem! Chrome (latest) on Windows 11. Thanks so much!

• Coach Natalie
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thank you, @Brian23!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated, and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-17214/QCS-16524

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Brian23, thank you for your patience as this is being worked on!

I've received an update on the escalation, and they'd like for me to circle back with you to see if this issue is still occurring — please let us know, thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - thanks for reaching out! I just edited a reminder, I'll let you know tomorrow if it reverted.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

That's perfect, @Brian23!

-Coach Natalie

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - Sorry, but it's still reverting (still broken). Thanks so much!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Brian23, darn it!

Thanks for checking — can we get the details from you and fresh logs to add to the ticket as a new example? Please provide the details of the Reminder you tested this with:

• The original Date, Payee, and Amount of the Reminder. 
    • The specific edit that was made to the Reminder yesterday.
    • Confirm that the Reminder reverted back to the default for the associated Recurring Series.

Fresh Logs can be provided by following these steps:

3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback

Thanks so much!

-Coach Natalie

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - you bet! I'll send you a private message.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Brian23, thanks!

I got everything submitted and will let you know as soon as I receive a new update. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• OverdoingIt
    Options

I've been having the same issue and just sent in my logs as well! Hope you guys find a fix!

• psipher
    Options

Starting using Simplifi on Nov 1 and have the same issue. Submitted my logs already.

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    Options

@OverdoingIt & @psipher - thanks for the help, here. I appreciate the backup. :-)

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@OverdoingIt & @psipher, thanks for posting!

We can certainly add both of you to the existing ticket for this issue, however, we need specific examples and details first. With that, please provide the following information:

1. The original Date, Payee, and Amount of the Reminders in question. 
    2. What specific edits were made to the Reminders and when and/or what Reminders were deleted and when.
    3. When the edits or deletions were reverted.

Once we have specific examples that are captured in your logs, we'll need fresh logs submitted:

And last, we need to be absolutely certain that no edits were made to the associated Recurring Series' after the Reminders were edited/deleted. As mentioned above (click here), edits made to a Recurring Series will undo any edits made to the Reminders, so we wouldn't be able to report this scenario as a bug.

-Coach Natalie

• psipher
    Options

submitted logs again, will send details in private message.

thanks.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@psipher, you have been added to the ticket!

-Coach Natalie

• OverdoingIt
    Options

I have also been having the same issue with recurring transactions. I keep editing the series to not show up on the spending report, but every day or two it comes back. Today I deleted the recurring series completely, and created new ones. Hopefully that fixes it. Will report back.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone!

Thank you all for your continued patience as this issue is being worked on. A fix for this should have been deployed — can everyone keep an eye out and let us know how it goes, please?

-Coach Natalie

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - thanks so much! I just edited a reminder and will let you know tomorrow if it stayed. Appreciate the follow-up!

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - it looks like it's fixed! Thank you so much! This was a big one because it would affect my upcoming cash flow. Really appreciate it!

This discussion has been closed.