Ability to import net worth data from other personal finance apps, such as Mint (edited)

Options

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, the net worth import is live. I used it and below is a post with my findings. Hope it is helpful.

Also, my concern above regarding manual account functionality and net worth history is addressed. The feature does not affect/is independent of manual account balance calculations or transaction configuration. Yay.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Flipper
    Options

I hope someone shares step by step instructions… I've spent about 20 minutes with one account and I can't get it to work.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is the account an investment account? If so, those do not work yet. I created an asset account named IRA Hist to import my IRA's balances prior to the Simplifi start date.

Check out my post here for my findings on making net worth import work.

Minter 2014-2023

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    Options

Thank you! @Coach Natalie is this also working for Investment transactions? I successfully uploaded to regular accounts but when I tried an investment transaction, it did not work. I used the same methods and formatting when I successfully uploaded to regular accounts.

I did notice that the Investments upload button is greyed out, not clickable

Thanks

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    Options

Investment accounts do not allow import of balances, per my post above. I repeat the relevant portion here.

Investment account historical balance import did not work for my IRA and brokerage account.

I used a workaround.

Step 1: I created two accounts to import history only: IRA Hist and Designated Ben Hist. Both are manual accounts saved as Other Asset Type. The names are abbreviations of my live investment accounts.

Step 2: I filtered the net worth report by an account with incomplete history and completed the import. It worked and all my net worth history since 2014 is in Simplifi now. It worked and all my net worth history since 2014 is in Simplifi now. 😊👍️🔥

Minter 2014-2023

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA thanks

@Coach Natalie Can you provide any insight or vote links if Investment Transactions balance imports are being worked on?

Thanks

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I made a request to import investment account net worth and can be found below.

@Coach Natalie can merge the thread if needed. I could not find an equivalent idea, so I created one.

Minter 2014-2023

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Was able to do this, took two attempts because my formatting was off.

Disappointing that the Net Worth report only allows a 12 month range. Limits the value of having a decade of net worth history if I can't chart it all at once.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    Options

Have you tried entering the dates using a custom range? I am able to chart my net worth going back to 2014. Worked in both the web app and mobile app.

For the web app, check your transaction list Since Date filter. Maybe that is restricting the report as the Since date in the transaction list will apply to the report filter.

Minter 2014-2023

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    Options

Aha! I wasn't trying to manually type the dates. When using the picker, scrolling the start date back more than 12 months automatically scrolls the end date to follow it. Thanks.

Though that does cause it to revert to an annual list, rather than a monthly one. Still better than not being able to chart that far.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ideally, we will have the request below implemented instead of manually entering custom dates for the net worth report or any report.

Minter 2014-2023

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Wedo778 Hi, I was able to import a few years of transactions to regular accounts. Had to manually change the dates to see more than a year. Would nice to have a "view all time" button when looking at reports.

• Flipper
    Options

Also makes no sense why they built this functionality without including investment accounts… stating the obvious.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA Where do I go for the specific "Import Data" and the "Import Historical Balance"? For some reason, I'm not finding it and I'm on the Early Access version of simplifi? Maybe I'm just missing it and thanks for your help!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6
    Options

Go to any account (except Invesment) and click on the import button. Import Historical balance will show up.

Or open the net worth report with a long time frame when you know you have no history. A prompt on the top of the screen will take you to the wizard.

Investment account balance history import is not available directly to the investment account. Workaround I used for my IRA and Designated Ben brokerage accounts.

Step 1: I created two accounts to import history only: IRA Hist and Designated Ben Hist. Both are manual accounts saved as Other Asset Type. The names are abbreviations of my live investment accounts.

Step 2: I filtered the net worth report by an account with incomplete history and completed the import. It worked and all my net worth history since 2014 is in Simplifi now.

Minter 2014-2023

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    Options

@UrsulaA and [removed] , I don't this feature either enabled for my web browser. All I see is import transactions. I don't see an option to import account balance as @Matt Anfang mentioned above. I am trying to chat with a Coach to see if they can help.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6
    Options

I am in early access too and I see the feature. Below is the screen from my checking account. I click on the import arrow.

Then, the wizard shows up.

Clicking on Import Historical Balance looks like this

Hope the screen above comes up for you with the coach session.

Minter 2014-2023

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tried explain the coach who is chatting they are not getting that I see don't see this feature in my browser. I tried Chrome and Firefox. Appreciate Any help?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6
    Options

I see it in Chrome and Microsoft Edge, which is what I am using. Have you tried incognito mode?

Minter 2014-2023

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Found the problem. The browser simplified version was not updated for me. I had to sign out, clear cache and sign back in. Now I can see. Let me try this again.

• Flipper
    Options

I created a csv that has my home values going back to June 2021. I finally got it to import without an error, but when it did so it added all of the values together rather than updating the balance. Any suggestions? Thank you

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

For anyone experiencing an issue importing account balance history data into Quicken Simplifi, please create a separate post to report the issue so proper troubleshooting can be performed.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

confirming I was able to import Networth. Thanks Simplifi!

• Thouarttheman
    Options

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8912157-how-to-import-account-balance-history

The above post shows how, but I had some problems. Support helped me get the upload button (

), but then the chart became zeroed out after the what seemed like a successful import. I was chatting with support when it happened, I hope they'll get it sorted out soon.

• Nathan815
    Nathan815 Member
    edited February 13
    Options

How do you get to this "Import Data" screen?

edit: nevermind, just saw the rest of thread.

• Bread01
    Bread01 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to upload most of my historical balances except for my mortgage account. Anyone else have issues with importing your historical mortgage balances?

Simplifi User Since February 2024

Mint User Since 2011

User Type: Monitor Net Income and Grow Net Worth

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you make this item a separate post? More users will see your question that way and the coaches will help troubleshoot.

Minter 2014-2023

• Kekumu
    Options

When I exited Mint and the end of its life, I exported historical monthly and annual net worth figures. Now that I'm in Simplify, I see no way to import historical net worth values and it had not occured to me to export historical account balances before the mint services shut down. Please add software feature for adding historical net worth values to Simplify from Mint and other software programs.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Kekumu see steps above to import your Mint historical balances to Simplifi. Investment accounts work now in the web app. There is a display issue with investment and loan account historical balances on the mobile app that is being worked on.

If you only have an aggregate net worth number instead of by account, create a manual account and then import those historical values to it. End the day range before your start date with Simplifi to avoid double counting. Other users have used the method above when they did not have history by account.

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.