AMEX High Yield Savings accounts not connecting (edited)

Comments

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭✭

I didn’t reset any connection as suggested by @Coach Natalie as I was too lazy. I just tried entering the code one more time and it connected like a charm. Hope it holds steady.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Can we have everyone who has been unable to add/connect their Amex HYS accounts thus far try adding/connecting them again under "American Express - Banking", please? Our service provider has informed us that savings accounts should now be visible to Quicken Simplifi, so fingers crossed!

Please post back here to let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• yotx18
    yotx18 Unconfirmed, Member

Still no luck for me - Getting Care Code FDP-102

• vollmas
    vollmas Member ✭✭

No luck for me either. "We are unable to connect to American Express - Banking at this time. Please try again later.
    Care Code: FDP-102"

• Coach Natalie

@yotx18 & @vollmas, let's have you both try again later on outside of peak hours to see if we can get past the FDP-102 error.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭✭

24 hrs later, I got code 185 asking for MFA again and it connected. Is MFA going to be required every time from now on?

• vladimird
    vladimird Member

@Coach Natalie Just tried and got a new error FDP-187. Tried right after that and it was back to FDP-102.

• vollmas
    vollmas Member ✭✭

I tried multiple times last night and this morning, same error every time. FDP-102.

• yotx18
  • Coach Natalie

Can you all try the "American Express" option to see if they perhaps meant that Savings Accounts are available on OAuth now? 🤞

-Coach Natalie

• vollmas
    vollmas Member ✭✭

Just tried three times. Each time, I got one step further, but it ultimately failed after processing the one-time text code with "Unable to complete this request at this time". And then the error in Simplifii stating: Missing flow parameter BodyParam code in AuthZGrantSpec

FYI the pop-up to log into American Express is different with the "American Express" option vs the "American Express - Banking" option in Simplifii. The former takes you to an actual American Express site pop-up, whereas the latter keeps everything within the Simplifii session.

• Coach Natalie

@vollmas, that's correct — the "American Express" option is on OAuth. Do you just have a HYS account with Amex or do you have a credit card also? You may need to try the OAuth process from a different browser.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• vollmas
    vollmas Member ✭✭

@Coach Natalie I only have HYS accounts. No credit cards. I tried on Edge as well as Firefox. Same issue. FYI the error code on the Oauth page is 9d34

• Coach Natalie

@vollmas, I'm thinking the reason you're getting an OAuth error is that you don't have credit card accounts, so from their end, there's nothing to authorize (only Amex credit card accounts have been on OAuth up to this point). Keep trying the "American Express - Banking" option outside of peak hours to see if you can get that one to work for you.

If anyone else who has both credit card and savings accounts with Amex can try adding their savings account using the "American Express" option on OAuth, it would be nice to know if those savings accounts are presented/able to be authorized/able to be connected using this option.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• contactcr
    contactcr Member

Same as before when I tried it. The savings accounts show up in AMEX's authorize check box list but they dont get pulled into Simplifi as accounts.

• Coach Natalie

@contactcr, thanks for testing and confirming!

Is the "American Express - Banking" option still working for you?

-Coach Natalie

• contactcr
    contactcr Member

Yes, still doing the MFA code every single refresh. 🤐

• Coach Natalie

@contactcr, sounds about right. I was really hoping they enabled savings accounts for OAuth to stop the MFA prompts. 🙁

-Coach Natalie

• Oleksander
    Oleksander Member ✭✭

@Coach Natalie Can we please keep pushing for OAuth? It's incredibly annoying to do the MFA every time we log in. I already have to do it for Venmo - not fun.

As a stopgap measure, is there a way to prevent certain accounts from automatically updating? That way we'd only need to do the MFA when we suspect there's a new transaction and manually refresh.

• Coach Natalie

@Oleksander, you'll most likely need to prod Amex with that one. It's their API and they're who chose to only migrate credit cards to that connection. It's my understanding that checking and savings accounts are supposed to be migrated at some point, but I don't know when. I'd personally love to see this, and look forward to that time whenever it comes!

As for preventing certain accounts from updating, this is not currently an ability of Quicken Simplifi. But we do have an Idea post requesting it!

Here's a couple more you may be interested in:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• thaJack
    thaJack Member ✭✭

I agree with you. My AMEX HYSA is currently broken with Simplifi, and I also got an email from Optum the other day that they will be disconnecting access from aggregators, so it will no longer be working with Simplifi soon, if it hasn't stopped already.

It's sad, because services like this are necessary for people who have money in more than one place, which I'm sure is most of us.

• thaJack
    thaJack Member ✭✭

I just tried both methods. One was unable to connect to "American Express - Banking". With the OAuth method, I approved access for all three of my accounts (1 is CC, 2 are HYSA), but Simplifi still only sees the CC account.

• yotx18

Quick update from me. Using "American Express - Banking" is getting me closer than it has before. It asks for my MFA code, I put it in, and now my HYSA pops up and I can see the account balance and have the option to link it to the manual HYSA account. After I link it however, the account does not update and I get a care code: "api.database.accountkey.notfound"

Any suggestions?

• Tim_CO
    Tim_CO Member

I only have a HYSA account and I'm still unable to add my Amex account using either American Express of American Express Banking. I've tried using Chrome and Firefox. Here are the details:

When I try to login using American Express, I get through the sign on process and end up with the error below:

We're Sorry

We're unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later.

You are now leaving American Express and returning to Quicken.

When I try and go through American Express Banking, it goes through 2FA and then I get a CC-502 error.

I've been trying for weeks now and these are consistently what I'm seeing.

Note that I used to have an Amex Blue card which has since been cancelled. However, I'm still forced to logon to the American Express web site using the Amex Blue userID/password as opposed to my old HYSA username and password.

I called support a few weeks ago and they had me deactivate the existing Amex account, remove the Account Number and financial Institution. This doesn't seem to have helped at all.

Please help me get reconnected!

• Coach Natalie

@Tim_CO, thanks for reaching out!

Since you're trying to connect a HYS account with Amex, you'll need to use the bank option listed as "American Express - Banking" in Quicken Simplifi. Since you are receiving an FDP-102 error with this option, you'll want to continue trying outside of peak hours until you get past the error. The error is due to Amex limiting connectivity during high-traffic times.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• vollmas
    vollmas Member ✭✭

New progress. I was just able to get past the 2FA and see my accounts listed to be added. However, it shows that I have four HYSA's, but I only have two. It looks like two copies of the same two accounts. Regardless, the amounts listed on that screen are accurate. However, when I click add, the process completes, but then the accounts show in Simplifii as zero balance, and says I have to reconnect to get them to function. I attempt that and it fails. One step forward, two steps back…

• vollmas
    vollmas Member ✭✭

@Coach Natalie has there been any update from American Express support regarding these issues? From the looks of this thread, no one has been able to successfully connect their American Express accounts consistently. There has to be something else going on other than "try on off-hours." That isn't a dig on you, it just seems pretty obvious that there are still issues between the platforms that need resolved. We all appreciate your help and follow-through with this, as I'm sure I'm not the only one anxious to get their Simplifii accounts reporting back 100%!

• Coach Natalie

@vollmas, when it told you that you had to reconnect the accounts to get them to function, did it show a specific error message?

As for savings accounts, we still have an open ticket with our engineering team, and the Alert is still active and can be followed for updates (meaning the issue is still being worked on):

An FDP-102 error is different, though. That's Amex intermittently throttling traffic, which is something they've done for as long as I can remember. All we can have users do for that issue with Amex is keep trying.

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• vollmas
    vollmas Member ✭✭

@Coach Natalie Now whenever I attempt to reconnect, I type in my American Express credentials, and it errors out without even getting to the MFA screen. The error message is "Care Code: not.found"

• Coach Natalie

@vollmas, thanks for letting us know!

It seems like the "Care Code: not.found" message points to something to do with MFA, though we're still researching it a bit further from our end (we've been seeing this error with multiple banks). To resolve this particular error, we are having users make their accounts manual and then re-link them with the bank. In your case, however, I'm not sure that I'd recommend doing that or you may end up stuck with your Amex accounts disconnected again. I'd still suggest waiting and trying again at a later, off-hours, time.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.